PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Positives from the Denver Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdmaverick

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
1.) HOW ABOUT THAT DEFENSE!!!!!!! - ALAN BRANCH was an absolute BEAST. He was ballin' ALL game long. The Monday morning conversation would have been all about him if Chung's phantom holding call didn't negatve a 'big time sack' with the game on the line.

The defense as a whole played great, but Logan Ryan as another guy who really stood out. Thomas, 1 catch?!?! Unbelievable. Even on the play he got beat it was just a good throw that Ryan had good position on.

2.) Gostkowski clutch again - This will be lost in the shuffle due ot hte fact that we lost, but prior to this season many pointed out that Gost didn't have a 'game on the line' kick on his resume (though that wasn't entirely true). Obviously he got one earlier against hte Giants, and this one may have been more impressive in the snow.

3.) Good riddance to the Undefeated pressure - sure, the goal is to get hte number one seed and the loss hurts our chances of that, but I think it's good to get this unnecessary pressure off us. Now the goal is super clear..........get healthy for the playoffs.

4.) Brady being Brady - how many people had faith that the Pats were going ot drive for a tying FG at the end of hte game? I'm a HUGE Patriots optimist but even I wasn't feeling so hot about their chances. Lo and behold Brady worked some magic. Without Gronk, Amendola, Edelman, and Deion this offense was on the same level of as the 2006 offense (maybe worse) and yet the Pats were 'in the game' against the BEST DEFENSE in football.

Sure, it sucks to lose. It especially hurts that much more when your team does it so infrequently. I mean, think about it, it's been a year since our last REAL loss (Buffalo doesn't count). That makes the losses hurt that much more, but with Gronk NOT being injured for the year, I think there are plenty of positives to be found from this game.

That Branch sack was BEASTLY. The dude literally blasted the guy in front of him right on his ass, ran over his carcass and planted Osweiler into the turf. Unbelievable. Even Collinsworth was flipping **** about how amazing a play it was until the magical phantom flag came out against Chung.

Best part : Brady can play next week.

This 2015 team had the personnel to be very, very special. Injuries have been the biggest opponent.

The team is good enough to almost overcome:
1. Multiple players out on O;
2. Multiple players out on D;
3. A hostile environment; &
4. Overt cheating by the officials.

The more I think about it, the more impressed I am with this squad. Assuming health, they're the best team in the NFL by a long shot. I sincerely hope they get back to the Super Bowl and crush their opponent. That'll piss the corrupt bastards right off (and I'll savor every moment).

I saw a team that can only be beaten by having 6 of their 7 best players out (Collins, HT, Gronk, Dola, Lewis, Edelman), Playing in a extremely hostile place and being forked by a biased referee.

Plus, we still managed to go to OT against perhaps the second best team in the AFC.

If we get healthy in the play offs, we are not losing.

Last edited:
I saw a team that can only be beaten by having 6 of their 7 best players out (Collins, HT, Gronk, Dola, Lewis, Edelman), Playing in a extremely hostile place and being forked by a biased referee.

Plus, we still managed to go to OT against perhaps the second best team in the AFC.

If we get healthy in the play offs, we are not losing.

You put all those guys ahead of McCourty and Jones?

And they were coming off a short week after the Bills.

"I was really proud of the way our team fought tonight. I thought we gave tremendous effort and played really hard. Obviously there were some things that we could have done better, could have coached better, could have played better, but guys really played hard and I have all the respect in the world for this football team, the way they competed so proud of what – the way they went at battle tonight, disappointed in the end result, but have to get back to work this week for Philadelphia."

When the greatest coach in the NFL -- one of the greatest of all time -- says that about his team when it loses, that's enough for me.

Sure, it sucks to lose. The injuries suck. The refs suck. But the team DOES NOT.

Just get HFA and i will feel confident. Get everybody back. These next two games are must wins.

Not only Branch but brown's showing me something. Hope he keep getting better

Positive: our backups and practice squad players are nearly as good as Denver Frauds' starters.

[QUOTE="

When the greatest coach in the NFL -- one of the greatest of all time -- says that about his team when it loses, that's enough for me.

Sure, it sucks to lose. The injuries suck. The refs suck. But the team DOES NOT.[/QUOTE]

Too bad they don't show the film of the locker room speech after losses, would be interesting to see what Belichick says.

they dominated the game for 3 quarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots