PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Positive Thoughts Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1- The defense has been playing well - it is not our weak link.

I started a thread not long ago where I was unsure if the Pats' D was good or not.

On the positive side, they absolutely stoned the Broncos twice in the 4th quarter - once when even 7-8 yards allowed would have given Denver a probable field goal (after Brady's fumble).

On the negative side, they allowed the Broncos to have two 90+ yard drives (that 98 yard drive allowed was killer), and Orton passed for a ridiculous 73% completion rate. (how on earth, by the way, did Brady end up with a better QB rating than Orton?? did that one hail mary interception at the end of the first half cost Orton that much?)

my positive thought, when the dolphins beat the jets tommorow the division will be a 3 way race for the rest of the year!:singing:

After yesterday's game... this is the most positive thought I can muster up.

We are 1 game closer to the end of Laurence Maroney & Derek Burgess's
career in New England.

I must say I'm glad the boards were down after the game yesterday. Stopped all the sky is falling threads. 3-2 is still a good record. January is a long time away. Once the Pats can stop letting teams back into games and go for that killer score, like what would of been if they got a TD at the start of the 3rd quarter, then it will change the dynamic of this team. Now we must temporarily root for the Dolphins tonight, so even after a loss, we would still be tied for 1st in the East. And hope that the Titans play like the team that got beat bad last night.

Denver is the albatross around the Pats' neck. The good news? At least they're not in our division!

I remember when INDY was in the AFCE!

Good thing they're not anymore

Last edited:
I must say I'm glad the boards were down after the game yesterday. Stopped all the sky is falling threads. 3-2 is still a good record. January is a long time away. Once the Pats can stop letting teams back into games and go for that killer score, like what would of been if they got a TD at the start of the 3rd quarter, then it will change the dynamic of this team. Now we must temporarily root for the Dolphins tonight, so even after a loss, we would still be tied for 1st in the East. And hope that the Titans play like the team that got beat bad last night.

We go 12-4 or 13-3

Play NYG in the SB.

Here's 2 good posts that are positive.....
IMHO, we pay the defense to keep opposing 4-0 teams to 17 point in a game, and to 10 points in the second half in which we have a 10 point lead. If you think that 17 is too much, then perhaps you should fire Pees and blame the defense.

On the other hand, if you think that our offense should be expected to score ONE point in the second half, and not miss open TD passes with 4 minutes left and come up empty in the 2 minute drill, then you can blame the offense.

My choice to blame is the offense and the offensive coordinator.- mgteich

The Pats have three more games all season against teams with winning records for the entire season. November may be tough, but December/January is a cake walk with games vs. Miami, Buffalo, Houston, Carolina, and Jacksonville.

The Pats lost two games this year against teams with one loss between them and one went into overtime. The Pats have already beaten very good teams in Atlanta and Baltimore.

Denver is 5-0 and aren't a fluke. Brady either connects with Moss in the endzone or Welker when he was wide open with no one between him and the endzone and the Pats probably win yesterday. The world is not ending. The Pats are not in as bad of a situation as you and others think.-Rob0729

+1.

I wonder if we could get him back as defensive coordinator next year?

Dont think he will be a part of the NFL next year.....he will be lucky to be in College football.

On an OT side note:

On the Colts Forum: Do you think the Colts and Giants can both go 18-0 and meet in the SuperBowl?

I can't wait until the Colts reach the playoffs and fail again. These fans LOVE the regular season.

Last edited:
Now that Brady is back to the 2001 " can't throw the long ball " QB, that won SB 36, I'd say they're looking pretty good.

This was just the normal loss at Denver, that has been the habit of the Patriots over their history. I don't know why anyone would be surprised by Brady playing poorly at Denver, he always does.

He'll go see his high school coach during the bye week, to straighten out his mechanics, and he'll be back as good as ever in the second half.

This was just the normal loss at Denver, that has been the habit of the Patriots over their history. I don't know why anyone would be surprised by Brady playing poorly at Denver, he always does.

I wish we get rid of this theory. The donkeys have a NEW COACH with many new faces on its D. So, what has Brady's past debacles with the old coach and old D has anything to do with this?? :confused:

and why should we be content with losing to a team at its home always?? :mad:

My 2 cents: we played a team whose new coach happens to know exactly what Brady's stratgies will be once Moss/Welker are covered fully. Plus, the entire world knows that we don't have a decent third WR and that we predominantly use our TEs only for blocking. So, unless Brady starts scrambling - which he doesn't do that often and I doubt if he can given his past injury - our O isn't doing anything new to confound the D.

I am absolutely positive Brady missed some wide open recievers badly...

Two losses in the past 24 regular season games Brady started. I think that is pretty good. Not to mention the losses came after he was gone for the whole year. I'd rather have the losses early on so they have time to correct their flaws and be in position to make a strong run later in the season like the 2007 Giants. The 2007 Giants didn't start off well either. Maybe the Giants will go undefeated this year and we'll be the one who spoil their season in the SB? :eek:

At this point in 2001 and 2003, we looked worse than we do now.

No, that doesn't mean we will win the Super Bowl this year too, but a slow start doesn't kill your chances. It's a long season if we hit our stride in time, 2 losses won't mean anything.

TB will get better
TB will get better
TB will get better
TB will get better
TB will get better

Those are my hopes at this time

Dont think he will be a part of the NFL next year.....he will be lucky to be in College football.

I don't know about that. I have a feeling the Bills just saved his job.

Once they lost the coin toss for OT, I was able to pretty much resign myself to the fact that the Pats would lose this game. That was positive for my blood pressure and heart rate, at least.

I sort of prefer that their two losses were a failure to execute rather than an inability to execute. A slight distinction perhaps, but at least there is an expectation of being able to correct the former in the future.

I don't especially like losing to Denver, but prior to the game, the Pats history with them suddenly reminded of an old 80s song by the Split Enz that I liked but had forgotten about - "History never repeats, I tell myself before I go to sleep..." :D

I'm still glad we won against the Ravens last week, and after all their pissyness about it, I'm really glad they lost to the Bungles this week, too. Schadenfreude isn't everything, but it's better than nothing. :D

I think that's all the Mary Sunshine I've got in me for this one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye