PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Positive Thoughts Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only 'positive thought that i see is some people STILL believe in 'the greatness of TB and BB'.

There is no hope for the future.

The only 'positive thought that i see is some people STILL believe in 'the greatness of TB and BB'.

There is no hope for the future.

Aw, go cut yourself!

Aw, go cut yourself!

You must be one of the few people on the board who haven't put that troll on "Ignore" yet.

Positive: Vince Wilfork. All season he has been really good/great.

Another positive: Julian Edelman stepping up his game.

He's not a Wes Welker clone, but he's definitely moving in that direction.

Another positive: Julian Edelman stepping up his game.

He's not a Wes Welker clone, but he's definitely moving in that direction.

Good but still does not seem to be sure of the first down marker.

Lose to an undefeated team on the road in overtime with the leagues's statistically best defense and according to a few negative nancy's the season has gone down the drain and the only thing to look forward to is next April's draft.

Wow.

In my opinion there are a few people that need to shut the eff up, get a reality check, and realize that their expectation for the Patriots to win each and every single game from now until the day they die is a bit unrealistic.

Last edited:
in 01, we started 5-5, then won the super bowl
in 03, we started 2-2, then won the super bowl

not saying that this year is the same, but im saying 3-2 is not the end of the world. we've shown flashes of excellence, its just very inconsistent. Things will improve.

1-Nice play by Slater on downing the punt, even if Orton went on to make the D look non-existent on the rest of the series.

2-Good to see Mayo back in action.

3-One less game in those throwbacks which have the stink of mediocrity and defeat all over them. Burn them. Now.

4-Wilfork showed why he should be extended. Awesome game.

The good news is that we will not be SB favorites for the rest of the year.

In 2001 we weren't SB favorites, and were big underdogs going in.

In 2003 we started 0-2 with the media predicting that the players would revolt and BB would get fired. Even though we finished 14-2 the Colts were the sexy team with the unstoppable offense, and we really weren't the frontrunners until we shut them down in the playoffs.

In 2004 we started as the frontrunners but got beat by Pittsburgh and lurked in their shadow, so that even though we were the defending SB champs and had back to back 14-2 seasons we stayed in the shadows a bit, until crushing the Steelers in the AFCCG.

The frontrunners generally haven't won the SB. We could run the table the rest of the way without probably being frontrunners until the very end. At the very least, we will have to win out every game between now through the New Orleans game before we could make a claim to be one of the top 3-5 teams in the NFL. If we do that, and are 9-2 with 5 very winnable games left, then we can probably claim to be a top team again.

Meanwhile we can go back to the drawing board and try to fix the problems in relative obscurity for the next 7 weeks.

Exactly :cool:

The football gods have never been kind to this team in that stadium. Not to mention that Denver made a few key plays at the end and managed to come away with the win. Chalk it up to that and move on.

in the words of Eggs Ackley..."EXACTLY"

in 01, we started 5-5, then won the super bowl
in 03, we started 2-2, then won the super bowl

not saying that this year is the same, but im saying 3-2 is not the end of the world. we've shown flashes of excellence, its just very inconsistent. Things will improve.

Great post. That's the thing - playoff losses bother me. A loss in October - not so much.

I'm expecting 4-5 losses for this team which is still a playoff team.

Great post. That's the thing - playoff losses bother me. A loss in October - not so much.

Again, the loss doesn't bother me very much. The way we're playing (inconsistently, lack of execution, predictable and unbalanced on offense, sporadic poor play calling, shut out twice in the 2nd half of key games, not making adjustments, not winning on the road) does.

Plenty of time to make adjustments. But plenty of adjustments to be made.

Positives:

1. 11 more Patriot games until the end of the year. Cant ask for more. Keep me in the game for the until the very last play and I will be ecstatic . The loss hurt but it was still a great game.

2. This Patriots team is no less to any of our Super Bowl winning teams, yet. 15-1 and winning Super Bowl is what we want, but hey I will take a 12-4 team that learns from its losses, grinds it out game after game and wins the superbowl.

3. I like this defense. The defensive team of the last three years has been completely gutted and totally revamped with new personnel. I like the new defensive personnel, looks like they will all be keepers for years to come. Ofcourse, the defensive play calling was frustratingly intriguing to me. Last week was sexy, but this week it was intriguing because they said we will make you play 15 plays before we give up the score. Unfortunately for us, Denver took up the challenge successfully. McDaniels teams have always taken up the challenge successfully, remember?

4. The offensive side of the team is mature, with probably one major hole at wide receiver position. They have to close the hole to make themselves good. I will wait to see what they will do to fill it.

5. Its not a playoff loss. So the season is not over. Enjoy the rest of the season.

is it ok to be sad in a positive thoughts thread?:(

is it ok to be sad in a positive thoughts thread?:(

Yes - as long as you can think positive and try to make yourself feel better :cool:

Last edited:
Still a lot of football left. No need to panic until we hit 4 losses.

well I am sad Ian. I was never a hater of matt light but I did feel like he was a bit overrated, but still a very good player imo. I hope he is not out for the season..... offensively we need him for Left Tackle. I am trying Ian. -Positive thoughts-

Matt Light will be healed.

It is hard to do during this tragic day of Sox and Patriot collapses. :stars2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes