Porter's Horse-Color Frame-by-Frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
100216012fi.gif

100216332iv.gif

I'm confused by this entire thing? Is it a rule? Is it not a rule? Does someone have to be injured on the play to have it called? I don't think it was enforced at all this season....

Wow, thanks for the frame by frame. It's funny though, even at regular speed, at least 10 of us piped in with Horse Collar! It was that freakin' blatant! And not called, of course. I almost never see it called!

chunkyponyTE82 said:
I'm confused by this entire thing? Is it a rule? Is it not a rule? Does someone have to be injured on the play to have it called? I don't think it was enforced at all this season....

It became illegal after T.O. got hurt by it last year.

I thought it was hilarious how they put this new rule into place for this year, and they get a textbook example of it in the Super Bowl, and it doesn't get called.

Bella*chick said:
Wow, thanks for the frame by frame. It's funny though, even at regular speed, at least 10 of us piped in with Horse Collar! It was that freakin' blatant! And not called, of course. I almost never see it called!

It falls under unnecessary roughness, so you might not notice it.

And the funny thing is, you can see an official's hat in the bottom corner of the last frame. Looking right at the play!

ive seen numerous occasions this year of a blatant horse collar tackle and its not called.. i just think the refs dont call it..

its gonna need a horse collar on manning or a colt to get a point of emphasis in place ;)

From what I could see, he had the jersey and not the shoulder pads. I believe that's why it wasn't called. That said, I'm not a big fan of all the trash talking. Just play the game and let your play speak for it's self.

Maybe it should be "emphasized" next year.

Bella*chick said:
Wow, thanks for the frame by frame. It's funny though, even at regular speed, at least 10 of us piped in with Horse Collar! It was that freakin' blatant! And not called, of course.
Because it would have been on the Squealers, Not the 'Hawks. There was no way the league (and by that, read officials) were gonna let a third rate market team with only one marginal marquee name and no "personalities" carry their prime time television package next year. That would be marketing and advertizing poison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back