Welcome to PatsFans.com

Port Security Scandal

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by wistahpatsfan, Feb 20, 2006.

1. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Let's all get together on this.
    Is there anyone who knows how to make an effective response to this obviously treasonous pact with our enemies? If the Saudis aren't our enemies, then who is?
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +509 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

I'm not in favor of it but I guess the arguement would go that all arabs aren't bad.
  3. JLC

JLC Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Let's see if I've got this straight:

So, to keep us safe from those who would harm us, we're going to turn our security over to - those who would harm us.
  4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +509 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

Again, the arguement would go that most arabs are good. Now, I don't buy into that but that would be the arguement.
  5. Turk

Turk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

It's only the poor, uneducated, oppressed ones that we don't like.
    The multi-billionaires get their hand held by our President, and their families get flown out of the country right after 9/11, on our tax dollars.
    The contract is granted to a private company owned by the government of UAE, which has openly opposed us and supported those we call our enemies.
    If this does not shake us up and tell us anything about this administration, I don't know what will.
  6. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What do the Saudis have to do with this?
  7. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I've tried to be objective with this, but keep coming up with the same answer, NO. Think about it, we have given up a lot of our personal freedoms since 9/11. Big brother watches us check out books from the library and our purchases from Barnes and Nobles. Our telephone conversations may or may not be tapped. Our nation isn't the leader of the free world it once was as we export prisoners to third world countries. When you go to the airport you no longer see hugs from people getting off the planes. They are back by the luggage behind armed security. But its ok for a foreign country with ties to terrorism to take over our ports? These same ports which were questionable in terms of security to begin with. I don't get it. What was promised to make this happen. What significant occurances has this administration done to make us feel safe selling out our ports to the Saudis. I felt ill when they were looking at fixing social security nevermind handing over our ports.
  8. BlueTalon

BlueTalon Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I agree with you on the port deal, and I have a feeling the deal will ultimately not go through.

But please go to the Social Security thread and weigh in there, 'cause I want to understand how you think.
  9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Look at a map. The UAE are from the same ruling clan as the house of Ibin Saud. Do a little research, Turd. You're better than that.
  10. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

Actually, I don't think he is.

After reading more about the port issue, I'm now against it, too. My initial reservation had to do with the fact that some of those opposing foreign control of the ports are also anti-Muslim (like those here who post threads about Islam meaning violence and all Muslims hating the west). I'm certain most Muslims and Arabs are just like the rest of us, and so I didn't want to adopt what I regard as a racist stand.

But, having read more, I now think that our ports should not be run by any foreign company, even British or French. We have to take full responsibility for our own security, and we have to have a more secure system in place, before we even contemplate foreign ownership. Something like 95% of cargo reaching our ports still isn't inspected, so that means we wouldn't even have a benchmark with which to measure the security operations of a company. Imagine the magnitude of international problems if a terrorist attack occurred that Bush could blame on a foreign country and use to start some sort of war even in a country that wasn't involved. Keeping the ports in American hands would help prevent the kind of blunders that Bush has committed.
  11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

Patters, you think I'm bad read what she say's this week about "them", link below.

http://www.anncoulter.com/cgi-local/welcome.cgi

Allowing the Arabs to have anything at all to do with America's Ports is like letting the Japs run our Subway system in 1944.

Illegal Aliens
    Now, US Ports
    Bush is a complete Idiot on both of them.
  12. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

Someone is making a lot of money on this deal, maybe some lobbyist or some other big business, but someone more sophisticated than I needs to follow the money. Because of this all the Senate Lemmings will probably follow and sweep this under the rug also, 8-10 years from now there will be a investigation after something happens.
  13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

Gee,
    What about health care and Cheney's "bird hunting trip"?
  14. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Thats all that todays GOP cares about....big business, big contracts, big government, big brother. Traitors! This time, they are selling out our national security.

Of course, this in no way means that the Dems will offer an alternative. They'll sit back and watch the implosion of the Republicans.

7% of our imported cargo is inspected. 7%!! And making this an issue is not even on the Republican radar.
  15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

The slinky little weasle Jimmy Carter is backing Bush on "The Ports" thing, according to "Drudge".

If this Ports deal comes to pass be careful when you "Cruise To The Tropics"
  16. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Yep, and Carter also regards our withholding of funds to Hamas/Palestine to be unfair to the Palestinians. Screw him. Screw Carter. Now, we are obligated to pay for our enemies to live comfortably??

Speaking of which, Iraq just smacked back at our ambassadors warning on sectarian rule. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10663271/

The chimp must be proud of how far we've come in creating a rogue, Iran alliance in Iraq.
  17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

Sea Ports For The Arabs, Mosques On The Pier, Nukes In The Hold:

I can't understand why Bush is doing this to me after all the times I have stood up and taken a beating for him from the Loopy Liberals.

First The Illegal Aliens, Now This Port Thing.
    God help us.
    :bricks:
  18. pats-blue

pats-blue Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I wanted to point out something in your post so I put the "bold" there. Currently The ports are owned by a British Co. So we already have foreign ownership. So we are saying that an "Arab" owner would be bad. I say "we" because I think that would be bad also...just wanted to point out we already have Foreign ownership, does that change the dynamics?
  19. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Why do people keep insisting that these ports would be Saudi run? UAE's leadership might be from the same clan of the cave bear or whatever nonsense was mentioned but they are a different company.

Of course, I'm still against this and Patters;

Screw you
  20. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

"We" aren't saying that just because the news owners are Arabs that we cannot allow them to run our ports; what we are saying is that the new company is owned by the UAE government.

A) We should never let ANY foreign government have control over our security.

B) IMO, the US govt should be in charge over all port security, NOT corporations.