PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pope Francis Right Wing Christians have an illness....

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Coupled with many more of his recent thoughts, this is quite powerful and a lesson to those who find comfort in doctrine rather than the common sense of the Bible..

Pope Francis: 'Becoming A Disciple of Ideology Closes the Door to Faith' | ZENIT - The World Seen From Rome

During his homily at Mass in the chapel of Casa Santa Marta, Pope Francis warned of the danger of “becoming a disciple of ideology” which he said can lead one to lose their faith. The Holy Father based his homily on today’s Gospel which recounts Christ’s warning to the scholars of the law.

“The faith becomes ideology and ideology frightens, ideology chases away the people, distances, distances the people and distances of the Church of the people,” Francis added. “But it is a serious illness, this of ideological Christians. It is an illness, but it is not new, eh?”

Faith passes, so to speak, through an alembic (distillery) and becomes an ideology. And ideology does not convene. In ideology there is no Jesus: his tenderness, love, meekness. And ideologies are always rigid,” the Pope said.

“In every sense: rigid. And when a Christian becomes a disciple of ideology, they have lost the faith: they are no more a disciple of Jesus, they are a disciple of this attitude of thought, of this…” And for this reason Jesus says to them: ‘You have taken away the key of knowledge

Coupled with many more of his recent thoughts, this is quite powerful and a lesson to those who find comfort in doctrine rather than the common sense of the Bible..

Pope Francis: 'Becoming A Disciple of Ideology Closes the Door to Faith' | ZENIT - The World Seen From Rome

Highly intelligent and at the same time has immense common sense ...

The Christian right think they have it all right and everyone else has it wrong ...

The smartest guy in the room can be the most obnoxious at the same time ...

Jesus was not obnoxious ...

he was loving - caring - understanding which is in direct conflict with the Christian right IMO.

Last edited:

Ring wing???.....lol. Where did he say....."right wing"???

Well, of course he didn't say "right wing". He's talking about anyone with a ideology separate from the love of Christ.

"By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and observe His commandments. 3For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome."

http://biblehub.com/1_john/5-3.htm

The love of Christ is obedience to Christ and his church.

"If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing."

1 Corinthians 13:3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

So if I'm a Progressive and I follow my ideology and help feed the "poor" yet I disdain the love of Christ (which is obedience to Christ and his church), it profits me nothing.

The Pope also goes on to say that we need true prayer in our lives and to ask for grace to not lose faith. It seems you forgot that part as well.

There are those who will search for the exception to what he said or some rule, however what he said is profound.. and chastises those who seek comfort in ideology while ignoring the basic message of the gospel...

“The faith becomes ideology and ideology frightens, ideology chases away the people, distances, distances the people and distances of the Church of the people,” Francis added. “But it is a serious illness, this of ideological Christians. It is an illness, but it is not new, eh?”

There are those who will search for the exception to what he said or some rule, however what he said is profound.. and chastises those who seek comfort in ideology while ignoring the basic message of the gospel...

What a surprise......your "go to" line when you can't understand something.

What a surprise......your "go to" line when you can't understand something.

I understand more than you will ever know, but the super catholic feels as though he can attack the poster.. seeking comfort in the illness of doctrine, but forgetting how to operationalize it in practice..

Keep seeking the exception...

I understand more than you will ever know, but the super catholic feels as though he can attack the poster.. seeking comfort in the illness of doctrine, but forgetting how to operationalize it in practice..

Keep seeking the exception...

Go to answer #2.

He said nothing about right wing, you are inserting your own "ideology" into the quote, ironically praising it while at the same time missing the point.

You should probably apologize for lying in the thread title.

He said nothing about right wing, you are inserting your own "ideology" into the quote, ironically praising it while at the same time missing the point.

Probably not, it is a matter of opinion...

What.....DarrylS "missing the point" on something and then inserting his own ideology....when has that ever happened before? :rolleyes:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back