Status
Not open for further replies.

p8ryts

In the Starting Line-Up
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Willie was my favorite patriot, I hate to see this

Oct. 31 News:
McGinest underwent an MRI on his ankle Monday but the results were not known, the Beacon Journal reports.
Oct. 30 News:
McGinest suffered an apparent ankle injury Sunday and did not return.
Oct. 9 News:
McGinest registered just two tackles Sunday and appears to still be hindered by a calf injury, writes the Beacon Journal.
Oct. 6 News:
McGinest (questionable; calf) took part in every aspect of Thursday's practice session, the team's website reports.
Oct. 5 News:
McGinest (calf) is questionable for Sunday and did not take part during Wednesday's team session of practice, writes the Beacon Journal.
Sep. 30 News:
McGinest (questionable; calf) took part in some portions of Friday's practice, the Beacon Journal Reports.
Sep. 29 News:
McGinest (questionable; calf) rode the bike at the beginning of Thursday's practice, according to the Beacon Journal.
Sep. 28 News:
McGinest (calf) is listed as questionable for Sunday but was not able to practice Wednesday with the team, writes the Beacon Journal.
Sep. 25 News:
McGinest (calf) played extensively registering a sack and three tackles but did not start Sunday's game against the Ravens.
Sep. 24 News:
McGinest (calf) is active for Sunday's game with Baltimore.
Sep. 23 News:
McGinest (calf) missed portions of Friday's practice and remains questionable for Sunday's game, reports the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
Sep. 22 News:
McGinest (questionable; calf) did not practice on Thursday, the Beacon Journal reports.
Sep. 21 News:
McGinest (calf) is officially listed as questionable for Sunday's matchup with the Ravens.
Sep. 19 News:
McGinest did not have an MRI on his injured calf that kept him out of Sunday's game with Cincinnati, the Beacon Journal reports.
Sep. 18 News:
McGinest (calf) did not play in Sunday's game despite being on the active roster.
Sep. 17 News:
McGinest (calf) was a late addition to the injury report and is listed as probable

Playing on a chitty team doesn't help with the healing process, either.

Meanwhile last night Banta Cain did his best "McGinnest from last year's Jacksonville playoff game" impression.

BelichickFan said:
Meanwhile last night Banta Cain did his best "McGinnest from last year's Jacksonville playoff game" impression.

He was fury unleashed. Looked good.

Let's see him do it when the game isn't in desperation/garbage, though.

//

BelichickFan said:

Fogbuster said:
He was fury unleashed. Looked good.

Let's see him do it when the game isn't in desperation/garbage, though.
Yeah, that Jacksville playoff game was the ultimate garbage time game. Still, I think Willie did okay, even if the Jags were in total disarray at the time.

Last edited:
Romeo had every reason to know exactly what he was buying
and i believe he did.
Willie was worth much more to him
as a role model ... an exemplar of the Brian Cox variety ...
than he would have been this season to the Patriots.

Playing only sparingly
does diminish even that exemplary value a bit
but he still is in the lockerroom ... and on the sideline.

brady2brown said:
Yeah, that Jacksville playoff game was the ultimate garbage time game. Still, I think Willie did okay, even if the Jags were in total disarray at the time.

I think he was talking about Banta-Cain.

Willie got his big payday he deserves it.
Willie still always be one of my favorite Pats.:singing:
Will be a good/great coach if he choses that.

Last edited:
HAMMERMILL said:
Willie got his big payday he deserves it.
Willie still always be one of my favorite Pats.:singing:
Will be a good/great coach if he choses that.

Hear hear!
Willie will be a Pat in the HOF

Willie was one of the greatest players to ever put on a Patriots uniform.

Make no mistake gentleman, years from now when we are speaking with our grand kids and great grand kids telling about some of the great moments back when the Pats ruled the NFL, Willie's name is going to come up a lot!

I see him coming back and retiring as a Patriot.

I always loved the way McGinest played. He especially owned the Colts.

p8ryts said:
Willie was my favorite patriot, I hate to see this

Oct. 31 News:
McGinest underwent an MRI on his ankle Monday but the results were not known, the Beacon Journal reports.
Oct. 30 News:
McGinest suffered an apparent ankle injury Sunday and did not return.
Oct. 9 News:
McGinest registered just two tackles Sunday and appears to still be hindered by a calf injury, writes the Beacon Journal.
Oct. 6 News:
McGinest (questionable; calf) took part in every aspect of Thursday's practice session, the team's website reports.
Oct. 5 News:
McGinest (calf) is questionable for Sunday and did not take part during Wednesday's team session of practice, writes the Beacon Journal.
Sep. 30 News:
McGinest (questionable; calf) took part in some portions of Friday's practice, the Beacon Journal Reports.
Sep. 29 News:
McGinest (questionable; calf) rode the bike at the beginning of Thursday's practice, according to the Beacon Journal.
Sep. 28 News:
McGinest (calf) is listed as questionable for Sunday but was not able to practice Wednesday with the team, writes the Beacon Journal.
Sep. 25 News:
McGinest (calf) played extensively registering a sack and three tackles but did not start Sunday's game against the Ravens.
Sep. 24 News:
McGinest (calf) is active for Sunday's game with Baltimore.
Sep. 23 News:
McGinest (calf) missed portions of Friday's practice and remains questionable for Sunday's game, reports the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
Sep. 22 News:
McGinest (questionable; calf) did not practice on Thursday, the Beacon Journal reports.
Sep. 21 News:
McGinest (calf) is officially listed as questionable for Sunday's matchup with the Ravens.
Sep. 19 News:
McGinest did not have an MRI on his injured calf that kept him out of Sunday's game with Cincinnati, the Beacon Journal reports.
Sep. 18 News:
McGinest (calf) did not play in Sunday's game despite being on the active roster.
Sep. 17 News:
McGinest (calf) was a late addition to the injury report and is listed as probable

Great post. I loved Willie too, but like I've said many times, signing an older player to that kind of money doesn't make sense. All the "experts" that blasted the Pats for letting him take the big bucks elsewhere are VERY quiet these days. Shocker!

bigsid05 said:
I think he was talking about Banta-Cain.
Oh yeah, I'll bet you're right. Funny he'd use that example when both games were pretty much the same. If anything, I'd have thought the Jacksonville game was more of a route than the Vikings game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back