PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poor McCoy

Actually, that would be Carlos Dunlap. Florida couldn't sniff McElroy all game. Much different from their defense thoughout the year. And, by the way, I'm a pretty big Gator fan and have watched damn year every single one of their games this season. Trust me when I say that Dunlap's loss made a huge difference.

Oh well, they would have lost anyway. It's God expressing his disapproval at Tebow's never ending douchebaggery.

Of course Boise could compete in the SEC. I have no doubt. People are putting too much emphasis on conference affiliation.

Did you all see UConn totally dominate Steve Spurrier's South Carolina team? USC is a SEC team, right?
If Boise had to play SEC teams game in and game out I think they would get destroyed. S. Carolina isn't a good team, they were 3-5 in conference and in their last 5 conference games they were 1-4 with the 1 win being against Vandy who were 0-8 in conference.

Of course I can't prove it and a single bowl game doesn't prove anything either but today's Boise team, IMO, would get crushed in the SEC. Now, if they joined the SEC and got the recruiting boost that goes with that I'm not saying they couldn't be competitive but not today's team.

I doubt Boise St, TCU, or other top mid-majors would compete with the Florida, Oklahoma, Texas, LSU, USC, Alabama (now that it has Saban), and to a lessor extent Ohio St consistently. There is no shame at all in that - the rest of the SEC, Big 12, Pac 10, Big 10 can't either.

I doubt Boise St, TCU, or other top mid-majors would compete with the Florida, Oklahoma, Texas, LSU, USC, Alabama (now that it has Saban), and to a lessor extent Ohio St consistently. There is no shame at all in that - the rest of the SEC, Big 12, Pac 10, Big 10 can't either.

Hmmm...Dont know about that. Auburn was 3-5 in the SEC but it took a last seconds td by Bama to beat them this year.

Hmmm...Dont know about that. Auburn was 3-5 in the SEC but it took a last seconds td by Bama to beat them this year.

I think Auburn has won 5 SEC games the last 2 year and last won the SEC in 04? I personally wouldn't describe that as consistently competing with the confrences elite programs.

Oh well, they would have lost anyway. It's God expressing his disapproval at Tebow's never ending douchebaggery.

Yeah. The kid believes in a higher being and is a genuinely good person. Doesn't suprise me that the rest of the insecure world would see him as a douchebag. People like you are the same people that spew out hate for the Pats, no matter how unjustified it is.

I think Auburn has won 5 SEC games the last 2 year and last won the SEC in 04? I personally wouldn't describe that as consistently competing with the confrences elite programs.

In the SEC Boise State would need to step up their recruiting become just like Auburn or South Carolina. The SEC comes at you in waves with deep rosters, Boise State would be lucky to finish 3 and 5. More than likely Boise State would become a Kentucky or Ole Miss type program.

Using that logic the Pats last super bowl season was 2004 so does that mean the Pats havent competed?

Using that logic the Pats last super bowl season was 2004 so does that mean the Pats havent competed?

I don't see your comparison.

Auburn is 5-11 in the SEC the last 2 years. In contrast, the conferences (probably the country's) best programs Florida and Alabama are 16-2 and 17-1 in SEC games. You think Auburn has been competing on the same level with those 2 schools in recent years?

Since 04, the Pats haven't won less than 10 games, they won their division every year but 1, they have been to the playoffs and won a playoff game every year except last year when they set the record for most wins ever by a non-playoff team, they have been to 2 AFC title games, and 1 Super Bowl. I don't think you'll find anyone who says they haven't competed with the NFLs elite during that timeframe.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back