PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poor energy

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuinielaBox

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
The Patriots were flat as a pancake and played their worst game in at least a decade. The line play was horrible and not a lick a defense was played. We let a mediocre QB cut us up and then to add insult to injury, kept falling for that single wing formation garbage.

They get shellacked at home by a bottom feeder - completely inexcusable. Has the loss of Brady destroyed the confidence of this team? It sure looks like it. By the way, Moss is showing signs of going through the motions out there. That has to change. Perhaps he should be traded for Philadelphia's 2nd rounder while we are on break.

The Patriots were flat as a pancake and played their worst game in at least a decade. The line play was horrible and not a lick a defense was played. We let a mediocre QB cut us up and then to add insult to injury, kept falling for that single wing formation garbage.

They get shellacked at home by a bottom feeder - completely inexcusable. Has the loss of Brady destroyed the confidence of this team? It sure looks like it. By the way, Moss is showing signs of going through the motions out there. That has to change. Perhaps he should be traded for Philadelphia's 2nd rounder while we are on break.

Look-it's still early in the season. The Giants almost lost to the lowly Bungals. The Bills had to overcome 2 scores to beat lowly Oakland at home. The Steelers OL got exposed in a HUGE way(I know Philly's front 7 is outstanding, but NINE SACKS?!?). The Browns, after all the pundits predicted them to go to the AFCCG, are 0-3 and will bench their newly multi-$$$ QB. The Broncs may be 3-0, but their D sucks and they've caught WAY too many breaks, it won't last. Mike Holmgren is in his last season in Seattle, but things aren't going rosey as planned. The Bears are 1-2 b/c they choked away their last 2 games. Ditto the Saints.

Pt being that it's ONLY week 3. The Fins ARE a divisional opponent. And this season has a marathon way to go. Look at the Chargers last year-despite having the WORST HC ever in the NFL, they somehow rallied after a pitiful 1-3 start(when it looked like they were on the verge of having a locker room implosion).

I'll bet you a month from now, noone will remember this game.

I dunno, but at least the Patriots managed to put SOME points on the board (cf. their last RS loss, a complete shutout).

Ummm . . . you do know that trading Moss really wouldn't work, don't you?

Last edited:

OMG a REALISTIC, honest, and intelligent "thinking" fan....I knew there were a few out here...no rose colored glasses on you my friend...no powdered sugar in your hand trying to sweeten up that pile of goose sh## that was laid out before us yesterday...Tell it like it is man.......great post......

We're gonna find out what this team is made of in San Francisco in 2 weeks.
I see some people writing them off as an automatic W.
Not me. Not after what I've seen.
West coast swing for 2 games should give us a better idea of what our team really is this year.

Q,

I wouldn't say that was one of your finest posts.

OK, Fencer, Let me rephrase it......

The effort by the Patriots was very Blountesque yesterday. 1st true stinkbomb in since that game against Miami, I believe in 2006. However, Miami wasn't that horrible that year (8-8) in Saban's last year.

Miami has some talent this year (R Williams, Ron Brown).

Yeah, the AFC has gone sideways since the SB 42 debacle. I was glad to see Pittsburgh and Indy lose yesterday. Denver is off to their usual hot, lucky start. Unfortunately, they are on our radar screen before November 1.

The Brady injury has greatly leveled the playing field.

That Jets - Chargers game looked pretty interesting.

I'm not sure Oakland is that bad (Darren McFadden is great). They would be a lot better off if Al Davis were put in a nursing home.

I don't see any evidence that Cassell can get us there, however. I'm real worried about the trench work though. Matt Light and Nick Kazur have been horrible so far. The defense will improve as the season progresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes