PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poor Bam gets no respect, not even on the stat sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patsfanin Philly

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
IIRC, he made two catches, one a nifty one just inches off the turf for a 5 yd gain and another later on. So how come when you look at the stat sheet, he's not listed???

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20061224_NE@JAC
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/gamecenter/live/NFL_20061224_NE@JAC
He's not listed on either one. They have Brady's 28/39 and list ten receivers for 26 catches but not Bam's two.

2-4-NE35 (6:44) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short right to B.Childress to NE 40 for 5 yards (C.Ingram).

How come they list the other 10 receivers but not Bam?
1) The stat sheet only goes up to ten and they are not used to QBs spreading the wealth like TB so Bam becomes invisible #11......
2) It is a grand conspiracy not seen since the Warren Commission.
3) It is an intentional gaffe to see if other news sources are simply using their data without paying for it. This happened a few years ago when a nonexistent college basketball game was inserted with a made up point spread. When it was reported in other sources, they knew the other sources were simply using their resources and took action.
4) Somebody messed up and Bam pays the price.

Just wondering.......

BB & BD know, that will do for Bam.

IIRC, he made two catches, one a nifty one just inches off the turf for a 5 yd gain and another later on. So how come when you look at the stat sheet, he's not listed???

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20061224_NE@JAC
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/gamecenter/live/NFL_20061224_NE@JAC
He's not listed on either one. They have Brady's 28/39 and list ten receivers for 26 catches but not Bam's two.

2-4-NE35 (6:44) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short right to B.Childress to NE 40 for 5 yards (C.Ingram).

How come they list the other 10 receivers but not Bam?
1) The stat sheet only goes up to ten and they are not used to QBs spreading the wealth like TB so Bam becomes invisible #11......
2) It is a grand conspiracy not seen since the Warren Commission.
3) It is an intentional gaffe to see if other news sources are simply using their data without paying for it. This happened a few years ago when a nonexistent college basketball game was inserted with a made up point spread. When it was reported in other sources, they knew the other sources were simply using their resources and took action.
4) Somebody messed up and Bam pays the price.

Just wondering.......

Right on. We didn't have the game on TV here in MD (Pathetic Steelers laying down for the Ravens) so I was following along with NFL.com Gamecast - - I read exactly what you are talking about - 2 receptions from play-by-play for Bam, but no listing in the stat sheet. Stat man hates the Bam.

"what about chad jackson?? why dont they throw it him more, he cant be worse than gaffeny or thomas ?? we missed the big play threat today" ;)

PS:iam being sarcastic..bam actually made a great grab for a 1st down.

BB & BD know, that will do for Bam.

Well, I like Bam. I like his heart. At last summer's training camp my son was trying to fight through the throngs who were going from player to player getting as many autographed jerseys, etc., as they could, and I yelled to Bam that we had come 5000 miles to watch that practice, and the Bamster looked up, smiled and said, "Hey, that's a good one," and signed my son's hat. I yelled back, "Yep, and it's true." He smiled again. He's a good guy. Hope he can stick around.

Hey all Bam does is show up every TC and play lights out then gets cut to the PS before season starts. Glad to see that he is making the best of his chance with the big club. Hope that he becomes a success story ala Troy Brown.

another Bam fan here.

I like that he finally got into a game and made two catches, and yes the five-yarder was a sweet grab. Unfortunately I think he sprained his ankle or something on his second catch and took himself out of the game. Not that it's make or break, but I'd like to see him back at full health against the Titans.

I thought you weren't gonna post for a while?

HE came from Ohio State, not sure if he went to Europe.

Ohio State?? Spent about 5 minutes there once, a LONG time ago. What makes you say that??

//

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey