PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pols now getting into the NFL dispute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idiot pols now getting into the act.

Rep. John Conyers tries to revoke NFL's TV rights - On Politics: Covering the US Congress, Governors, and the 2012 Election - USATODAY.com

I'd think that addressing over two years of continued double digit unemployment in the working class would be Job One, but no.
Look for the Union label
when it is branded upon our Pols.
They are willing and able
to put our members on the public dole.
Slaves to our contributions
to their campaigns to tax everyone.
Look for the Union label
when dirty Pols are having fun!

And we wonder why Congress never fixes things or makes things work. That's a great solution...take the record broadcast deals that league owners have been able to collectively extract out of the mix that largely fund salary parity for the league and we'll see more than profits plummett... Maybe Peyton Manning will land in NY (or DC or Dallas) yet...

Ah, it was only a matter of time before our fearless grandstanders stepped forward with toothless threats.

Well, yeah, it's a politician. The only thing that differentiates them from career academics is a comb over, psychotic self-import, and the rejection of one's own sexual orientation.

Last edited:
Look for the Union label
when it is branded upon our Pols.
They are willing and able
to put our members on the public dole.
Slaves to our contributions
to their campaigns to tax everyone.
Look for the Union label
when dirty Pols are having fun!

You guys have had the wool pulled over your eyes. The middle class in this country is shrinking. The oligarchs are taking everything. Soon there will be nothing left. Boy, you may have noticed the swindle on Wall Street. Who are the pols caryring water for? The working man? Out of your mind.

Well, yeah, it's a politician. The only thing that differentiates them from career academics is a comb over, psychotic self-import, and the rejection of one's own sexual orientation.

Ah, and here we have the resentful seething talk radio shut-in!

Wonderful

The politicians need to become even MORE involved by revoking the business entertainment tax expense which has inflated prices sky-high for the average fan and produced nothing but a bunch of pink-hat wearing teetotalers in the middle tiers at Gillette and elsewhere. Take that sucker away and let the real fans support the league. This league would do just as well on $5 billion in revs as it would on $9 billion. Maybe they'd stop talking about new stadiums and expansion overseas at that point.

The politicians need to become even MORE involved by revoking the business entertainment tax expense which has inflated prices sky-high for the average fan and produced nothing but a bunch of pink-hat wearing teetotalers in the middle tiers at Gillette and elsewhere. Take that sucker away and let the real fans support the league. This league would do just as well on $5 billion in revs as it would on $9 billion. Maybe they'd stop talking about new stadiums and expansion overseas at that point.

Here you throw your BS out about Jays52 and Box then go on to your fabricated BS about how expensing business entertainment expenditures is what has inflated the prices.

You clearly haven't heard about Supply and Demand. And I don't believe you understand that the Luxury Boxes have nothing to do with the current contract.

And it sure as hell doesn't account for 4 billion in revenue to the league. Seriously. You were spouting boulderdash before and you're doing it now.

You guys have had the wool pulled over your eyes. The middle class in this country is shrinking. The oligarchs are taking everything. Soon there will be nothing left. Boy, you may have noticed the swindle on Wall Street. Who are the pols caryring water for? The working man? Out of your mind.
Working man? Like DeMaurice Smith I suppose. John Conyers isn't responding to any prompting from Brian Hoyer and his UDFA contract. I've got no friends on Wall Street, and I've got no friends in union leadership, neither give a damn about me or you, but they'll share the same bed with the other when they smell money.

Ah, and here we have the resentful seething talk radio shut-in!

It was the sexual orientation thing, wasn't it? Sorry dude, didn't mean to hit a Ted Haggard sized nerve.

Here you throw your BS out about Jays52 and Box then go on to your fabricated BS about how expensing business entertainment expenditures is what has inflated the prices.

You clearly haven't heard about Supply and Demand. And I don't believe you understand that the Luxury Boxes have nothing to do with the current contract.

And it sure as hell doesn't account for 4 billion in revenue to the league. Seriously. You were spouting boulderdash before and you're doing it now.

You are easily the most thin skinned person on board. You guys dish it out but can't take it.

No one said the CBA involves lux boxes. I didn't mention that. I get comped tickets all the time, many of them worth $500 a pop. Gratis. From a corporate stash. It's a tax write-off. That inflates the prices for everyone. Unbelievable that you don't realize corporations pay for primo seats.

4 billion to the league?? Huh? You've lost your mind.

Working man? Like DeMaurice Smith I suppose. John Conyers isn't responding to any prompting from Brian Hoyer and his UDFA contract. I've got no friends on Wall Street, and I've got no friends in union leadership, neither give a damn about me or you, but they'll share the same bed with the other when they smell money.

Oh, you were talking about the football players? I thought you were talking about unions.

I have an early post here saying I don't even consider the football guys a union.

Just let's get this straight though. Union money is dwarfed by corporate money. Ever read up on who wants to eliminate political slush funds? Who is in favor of it in this country? Who is against it? I would eliminate union donations instantly if it meant corporate donations were eliminated as well.

It was the sexual orientation thing, wasn't it? Sorry dude, didn't mean to hit a Ted Haggard sized nerve.

I accept your apology.

How do you know Haggard's size?

Oh, you were talking about the football players? I thought you were talking about unions.

I have an early post here saying I don't even consider the football guys a union.

Just let's get this straight though. Union money is dwarfed by corporate money. Ever read up on who wants to eliminate political slush funds? Who is in favor of it in this country? Who is against it? I would eliminate union donations instantly if it meant corporate donations were eliminated as well.
I'm sure there have been many good and thoughtful studies about who has what resources for political games; however, in this instance Conyers is not responding to any corporate fatcats, which leaves union fatcats. Tom Brady may be wealthy beyond any fantasy I would truly care to live, but his wealth only gets him a seat in the gallery for the State of the Union address, it doesn't twitch the lodestone of a long time player like Conyers - which is why I look for the carpet bagger pulling the NFLPA's strings.

I'm sure there have been many good and thoughtful studies about who has what resources for political games; however, in this instance Conyers is not responding to any corporate fatcats, which leaves union fatcats. Tom Brady may be wealthy beyond any fantasy I would truly care to live, but his wealth only gets him a seat in the gallery for the State of the Union address, it doesn't twitch the lodestone of a long time player like Conyers - which is why I look for the carpet bagger pulling the NFLPA's strings.

So, you're for unilateral disarmament. That's the net effect. It's all gotta be done at once.

Oooo, somebody didn't get tenure.

The last thing i would ever want is ANY of these scumbags on my side.

the middle class is shrinking because it would rather sink than swim

the middle class is shrinking because it would rather sink than swim

Wow. So it's the middle class's own fault that it's shrinking? Really? Could you elaborate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes