2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Matt Cassel: what do you think of him?

• Sucks! He's got to go

Votes: 22 19.6%
  • Rocks! Three game #s comparable with TB's '01 stats

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • TBD after a few more games; see how Pats change the offensive plans and then see how MC performs

Votes: 88 78.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
TBD way too early to make any assumptions or decisions. Its an easy schedule, so there is hope to make the playoffs with an average QB. But if we are 3-3 with the Bills at 5-1, I wouldn't be surprised to see a change.

Funny, all the Cassel ball washers are pretty quiet after the Miami loss.

I think Cassel will go as far as this team takes him. I for one would love to see what we spent a 3rd rd pick on.

Funny, all the Cassel ball washers are pretty quiet after the Miami loss.

I think Cassel will go as far as this team takes him. I for one would love to see what we spent a 3rd rd pick on.

LOL I think we're just tiring of circular arguments with idiots.

Given several of the Qb performances we were treated to today, I like Matt Cassel a lot. We spent a 3rd on a potential backup for Tom Brady from 2009-2011...in part because the 2009 college draft cupboard is pretty bare. Bill likes veterans at the position only as inexpensive mentors, too many ingrained bad habits to run his offense. We'll only pick one up next season if he thinks O'Connell isn't quite ready even in a pinch or needs more mentoring.

The poll is flawed. I think many people voted TBD when would rather have voted for an option "Matt Cassel is our best chance this season, noone coming in midseason could do any better. And he has a good chance of significant improvement as he gains experience."

The poll is flawed. I think many people voted TBD when would rather have voted for an option "Matt Cassel is our best chance this season, noone coming in midseason could do any better. And he has a good chance of significant improvement as he gains experience."

Don't you think all secondary QB's in every team have a good chance of significant improvement as they gain experience? If that chance is the same for everyone and not specific to Matt Cassel, how does it help adding it as an option? :confused:

If MC performs badly in the next few games, then most of us will agree that he sucks and want O'Connell to be given a chance. Maybe O'Connell will emerge as the better QB during midseason, which will be contrary to what you assert.

Point is that it is way too early to throw MC under the bus as some seasoned posters are doing. So, the objective of the poll - as I mentioned in the OP - was to get a gauge for what the general fan base thinks about MC of now. Period.

If you still think that the poll is flawed, let's agree to disagree.

TBA seems to be the most appropriate judgment. Hard tell exactly what someone has in there first few games.

I'm TBD, but I think we'll see Cassel start to flash something only the staff know about as soon as he gets a little more pocket time. We've seen him throw long. We've seen him throw accurate. We've seen only one (flukey) INT.

He's got ONE thing to fix that would win games and that's putting TD's up in the Red Zone. Every other aspect is working and when he starts getting more time in the pocket, all the other parts will stand out a lot more.

I agree 100%. Too many polls are biased or flawed these days. There is a lot of gray area.

TBD for me, I think the game this sunday will say something as far as how Cassel and the team can "bounce back" from last weeks loss.

Regular season doesn't matter that much, IMO. It's all about the playoffs.

Of course, the Pats need a good seed, but winning the division should be easy enough.

So the real question is, "how much improvement will MC show by playoff time?" If it's a lot then SB is assured, if it's a little, then SB not assured but still probable.

Sorry for bumping this up.

Just couldn't bear reading that thread started by Wendel...:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill