Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What is Your State of Mind Through Week 5?

• I've Written Off 2009 Completely

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Extremely Worried

Votes: 13 8.1%
  • Somewhat Worried

Votes: 80 50.0%
  • Not Worried At All

Votes: 62 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
I figured I'll run this each week much like Andy did with the other - just so we can see how this changes each week.

Re: Poll: Your state of Mind at this point Of the Season

Keeping my faith on Brady .

Happy for see good potential at defence, but bad playcalling

Re: Poll: Your state of Mind at this point Of the Season

I'm just tired of all the damn chicken littles that say they're fans. This team has been great for the better part of this decade, and this year was going to be tough with Brady coming back from his injury.

It took Manning, what, 7 games? to return to form? Maybe I'm just the type of person that doesn't get all riled up, even about bad calls in the game.. But the sky is not falling, and I look forward to seeing people doing an about face when it comes time that the team has turned around and is marching for the playoffs.

Fans? I see a bunch of whiners...

Re: Poll: Your State of Mind At This Point Of the Season

Not worried at this juncture.

There have been times when this offense has looked like it was going to bust out a la 2007, and the defense is generally, with the exception of the 2nd half yesterday, playing better than I'd hoped.

Playoffs looking good. 2nd half issues are more offensive related than defensive, as the D is getting no help from the O in the 2nd half. I like the D this year, forcing fumbles, good pursuit, playing well even in the L's. TB gets it going with receivers the rest of the way.

I'm just tired of all the damn chicken littles that say they're fans. This team has been great for the better part of this decade, and this year was going to be tough with Brady coming back from his injury.

It took Manning, what, 7 games? to return to form? Maybe I'm just the type of person that doesn't get all riled up, even about bad calls in the game.. But the sky is not falling, and I look forward to seeing people doing an about face when it comes time that the team has turned around and is marching for the playoffs.

Fans? I see a bunch of whiners...

I know - but let's not go there. It's one click and that's it :cool:

Last edited:

I am somewhat worried, but I still have confidence that this team will improve through out the remainder of the season. I do want to see better play calling on both sides of the ball. Yesterdays game was just a disaster!

It all depends what your expectations were for this season. We all knew Brady wouldn't be his usual self coming back off a year out so I wasn't expecting fireworks on Offence and the Defence is also in transition to a new generation, That itself will keep the D somewhat vanilla at first. We've had to deal with injuries to key players early on so that complicates matters....all in all I think we're doing ok at 3-2 with a good scrap against the Bills and two good teams in Atlanta and the Ravens. Our loses haven't exactly been blowouts either, they've been close.

Not worried.

I know - but let's not go there. It's one click and that's it :cool:

Sorry, just thought it was kind of the underlying point of this poll lol ;)

who ever is calling the plays ON BOTH SIDES needs to be castrated

Not worried at all. I'd rather have a loss like this against Denver now so the mistakes can be learned from than later on in the season or even in the playoffs.

Titans gonna get slaughtered this Sunday anyways. :D

I'm happy with the defense so far this year.

Still looking for a third WR or similar option to appear. Seems that Brady was at times trying to force the ball to Welker when the Denver defense had taken Moss away. Who will emerge as that third option?? I expected more from the TE's and RB's yesterday as far as catching passes. Both Maroney and Watson can look so good at times, why can't they consistently look good!?

Somewhat worried...If the Jets continue to win like in tonights game I will grow increasingly worried more each week.

This is a team that is too inconsistent on the road to take the wild card route right now,this team needs to win the division and get at least 1 home game basing it on the first 5 games and thier two bad road games

Somewhat worried, once the offence can work out there kinks, this is gonna be a deadly team...

I think this team has a good shot at 12-4.

I was hoping for a Titans win lasat night so they would not come in here being desperate. So expect a real battle this Sunday.

I don't get worried in October unless the Pats were 1-4 or 0-5. It isn't the case. If the Pats get through November with no more than 4 losses, they should be able to be 12-4 or 11-5 by the end of the season.

What, me worry?

3-2 with a QB whose last full season was over 12 months ago; a young defense that will get better by the week--we are OK.

I love football.I love the Patriots. I sat through 2-14 seasons on metal benches in pouring rain and I'd do it again.Looking forward to the rest of this season no matter how it goes.

I think that we have a solid shot at 12-4.

However, I am certainly somewhat worried. To me, to "not be worried at all" means drinking lots of kool-aid daily and understanding a lot more about Brady's future recovery that I can possibly know.

i think by week 8 brady should be back to his usual self. i think we overlooked in the pre-season that it would take more than just a few games for brady to return to form. i'm confident the defense and offense will get better as the year progresses.

my one concern is the consistency in the running game. i don't trust morris to be able to handle 15-20 carries per game and/or stay healthy. i've always been a big maroney supporter but if he's only going to get 5 carries per game he's never going to get into a rhythm. i know mid-season trades are rare but i'd be interested in trying to trade for larry johnson on the chiefs. i've seen him play in 3 or 4 games this year and the guy can still play he is just stuck in a horrible situation. that offensive line is not opening any holes for him but when he gets one he hits it hard with speed and power just like he used to. there were rumors around draft time that the chiefs were looking to deal him and i truly think if we added he have the same type of impact as corey dillion. LJ can pound the ball north/south like dillion did but in my opinion also possesses better speed to break away and/or get to the outside.

i think it helps that pioli is the GM there and i think we could work out a reasonable deal especially since his value is down at the moment. you can't possibly ask for that much for a 29 year old running back who hasn't scored a TD yet this season. i'd love to see LJ brought in i think he can bring back the physicality to our running game and offense in general that we have lacked over the last 2 years. if not, i'd like to see maroney get a chance to showcase his ability. he was great in the 07-08 playoffs and was one of the big keys in the wins we had over jacksonville and san diego.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes