PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll: Would you wear a "Cheaters" shirt to weaken the media?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you wear (well-designed) "4x Cheaters" t-shirts?

• Yes, "4x Cheaters"

• Yes, "Almost Perfect, Since 2007"

• No, I'd rather purchase Patriots NFL merchandise

• No, I don't want people to hate the Patriots/NFL

• Not me, but I'd encourage those fans who have the guts to do it

• Yes, but another message (post in reply)

Results are only viewable after voting.

PatSunday

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
We all agree Tom Brady is innocent, and most of us agree that Kraft is idly standing by.

The only reason fans and media call Patriots "cheaters" is to aggravate Patriots fans. Specifics don't matter. It's time someone proposed that we "own" it and flip the narrative around.

I realized there are actually very good reasons to do this, something other groups in the past have done to turn a derogatory word into a positive (e.g. with the word "queer.")

I can think of no better way to piss off Jets fans than to wear "4x Cheaters" t-shirts with an Elvis hat around New York, for example.

First, people who see you would not know if you're a Pats fan, anti-Pats, or anti-NFL, but it would subtly remind the fans of 31 teams that their team sucks.

Second, when anybody asks, "what exactly did the team do every year that 28-31 professional football teams could not surpass them?", you could educate them before they realize you're a Patriots fan.

Third, the conversation will become, "Why does Goodell still have a job?"

Fourth, the NFL does not get money from sales of those t-shirts. Even better, fans of all teams might buy the shirts, not realizing they're made by a Pats fan, actually reminding themselves their own team sucks whenever they wear them.

Fifth, and the best reason. If an owner of a brand doesn't want to defend it, why should fans, who have no business investment with the company, defend it for him?

Summary: don't be upset, don't click on ESPN links all day, and don't buy NFL gear. Instead, own the "Cheaters" label and let NFL fans and owners complain about Goodell more than ever before.

Let me know if you'd consider wearing a t-shirt design in a mass-protest to the cheaters label.

Last edited:
I appreciate the irony and would probably do something like this out of spite. Not sure something like "Cheaters" is the best way to go but I like this line of thinking. Something to rub it in their faces and embrace the hate.

**** that.

The Patriots throttle other teams because they're better at football.

Has media lies beaten us down to the point that we're going to accept them?

I don't live in the virtual reality of American media. I know why the Patriots win football games and it has nothing to do with "cheating."

Hell no... Jeez. The forum has been toxic the past few days.

Anyway, I will be putting a "F*CK GOODELL" name bar over top Brady's name on my jersey and covering all NFL logos on it, to acknowledge the corruption of the league.

Maybe even a custom "DEFAMEGATE 2015" patch on the front.

Maybe even take a Sharpie and write a list inside the big number "1" on the back of the jersey, the names of people on the Pats' MOST WANTED list... Goodell, Kensil, Wells, Irsay, etc.

Last edited:
**** that.

I know why the Patriots win football games and it has nothing to do with "cheating."

Hey, I saw your post and the other 3 or 4 in this thread. You may be missing the point; of course I don't think the Patriots cheated.

The media and opposing teams are trying to aggravate Patriots fans with the "cheaters" label. I propose we "own" it and flip the narrative around.

In the long-term, Goodell will be fired and people will wake up that the Patriots did nothing wrong. But in the short-term, the other 31 fans should be more upset than Patriots fans. Let them.

Last edited:
tumblr_lyyax4c4MM1qz82gvo1_500.jpg

o-TOM-BRADY-facebook.jpg

i went ahead and clicked "dialike" on all your posts, not just the original one.

Thanks for your feedback, sir. Is there something you actually disagree with or want to contribute to the discussion?

I wouldn't want to wear this kind of t-shirt, but I understand the thinking behind it in regards to embracing the hate. If we could figure out how to do that in a more productive manner that didn't focus on "cheating" (a term that's being thrown around way too loosely in my opinion), I'd be all for it.

When you take into account the fact that they looked under every rock and left no stone unturned, yet still found very little, it doesn't suggest that there was much "cheating" to me. Aside from taking a couple text messages out of context (most likely), they didn't have anything.

Even in the two messages about "the deflator (May 2014)," and "deflate and give someone that jkt (Away game at Lambeau field where McNally wasn't even there)," either one of them had anything to do with the suggestion of actually proving that something shady took place prior to or during an NFL contest where the ball boys had access. When you consider that very low bar of guilt, I have a difficult time admitting to "cheating" as a fan.

Last edited:
With love. :)

image.jpg

Last edited:
I hate this idea but unfortunately a quick Google search on the topic revealed an interesting article about one final yet unknown demand Goodell made of Kraft which Kraft agreed would make the other 31 happy - 2014 SB ring design:
img-thing

I tried to give you a chance, I really did.

But are you kidding me?

Let's see, first 3, no cheating. Hell, what they were slammed for became illegal in 06, you know, the year they got ****ed by the refs in Denver (during the first game at invesco field, first playoff win since Elway, and we still don't have endzone replay cameras...cough...Watson forced a safety...cough)

Are you kidding me?
There was no cheating, but there was plenty of success. That's why the jets didn't get docked a first for doing the same thing in 07(they didn't even get fined)...cause they are the jets, and they did, and continue to, suck.

And now footballs follow the laws of physics. Yep, we're cheaters.

GFY

Last edited:

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down