PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll: Whose 1st rounder will be higher, NE or Sea?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which way do we keep the better pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

shakadave

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Imagine the Pats receive a great trade offer this week. We get [some great player] in exchange for one of our 2007 1st-round picks. You're the GM. Which of our picks do we trade away if we're hoping to hang on to the better pick?

Almost irrelevant...it's picks #31 and #32. Of course, we trade the Patriots' pick.

Keep both we have gotten good value in the lower first round, and the picks can be signed for reasonable money. Reload baby!

stupid poll, you keep both picks and pick up young talent. you rarely get a great player for a pick unless you're seattle.

My logic is stupid but :

I would trade Seattle's. I expect that to be a higher pick but there is nothing worse than the horror of trading your #1 then having some devastating injury (read : Brady) that puts your #1 in the top 12 or so - and you've traded it away.

:eek: :bricks:

MrBigglesWorth said:
stupid poll, you keep both picks and pick up young talent. you rarely get a great player for a pick unless you're seattle.

It's really a question about which team will have the better year, not a suggestion that we should be trading a pick.

By the way I messed up and voted the wrong way --- I meant to vote for "trade Seattle's pick" which I think could be a worse spot to pick in. Really both should be pretty close to each other.

shakadave said:
It's really a question about which team will have the better year, not a suggestion that we should be trading a pick.

By the way I messed up and voted the wrong way --- I meant to vote for "trade Seattle's pick" which I think could be a worse spot to pick in. Really both should be pretty close to each other.

There is NO player available ,The Pats should give up a #1 for.
Hawks pick will be MID 20's(they won't be as good)Pat's should be picking later in the draft than that.

Yea, I agree that the premise of the poll is off. I'd keep both picks. Belichick though, he'd probably trade down or something. That and draft a tight end or some other position we're stacked in. Belichick draftisms, baby, they've worked out well so far though

Why trade high picks before the draft?

BTW, I think Seattles is going to be higher than people think.

They blew an easy chance to win the SuperBowl, probably the worst played I've seen.

Threy're panicking with the Branch signing. They already have Burleson at 7 years at $7 mil per.

How much cash is tied up at WR?

Look how that strategy has worked for Detroit.

Funny things happen when you put all your chips in for that "window" of opportunity.

Sometimes it just adds to the pressure.

Last edited:
If anything I'd trade both picks for a number one if we could get in like the top 5. Would be perfectly content with keeping both.

I hit the wrong button........the Seahawks pick will be the better pick to keep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes