Votes: 21 61.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFan37

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
First five IMHO: Branch, Caldwell, Brown, Jackson, Childress.

Vote for the sixth WR who you think will make the 53-man cutdown and be on the team for the Bills.

Someone Else could mean the Pats sign someone before Sept 2nd. It could also mean one of the bubble WRs is kept on the final 53 only long enough for another player to be signed off waivers, at which point they're cut (before the Bills game).

Vote early, vote often!

PatsFan37 said:
First five IMHO: Branch, Caldwell, Brown, Jackson, Childress.

Vote for the sixth WR who you think will make the 53-man cutdown and be on the team for the Bills.

Someone Else could mean the Pats sign someone before Sept 2nd. It could also mean one of the bubble WRs is kept on the final 53 only long enough for another player to be signed off waivers, at which point they're cut (before the Bills game).

Vote early, vote often!

Based on the players we have, we will not keep a 6th WR, IMO. Willie Andrews will function in that role.

I didn't see a pole or I'd vote. Pleast include a 'only 5 WRs will be kept' vote.

Willie Andrews.

It has been historically Bethel, and we all know that Bethel's (limited) contributions came on special teams. He just happened to be a WR, so that's where the 6 WRs came from.

Brownfan80 said:
Based on the players we have, we will not keep a 6th WR, IMO. Willie Andrews will function in that role.

I didn't see a pole or I'd vote. Pleast include a 'only 5 WRs will be kept' vote.
That was quick. The board makes you post a message before you post the poll, so it always comes out in two pieces. You've got to be at least a little patient.

PatsFan37 said:
That was quick. The board makes you post a message before you post the poll, so it always comes out in two pieces. You've got to be at least a little patient.

My bad. At least the option for 'no sixth' was there. :D

Does Willie count as "Someone else" or "No 6th Reciever"?

This is earily similar to the Garrett Mills question, are we keeping 4TE or 5 RBs?

pats1 said:
Willie Andrews.

It has been historically Bethel, and we all know that Bethel's (limited) contributions came on special teams. He just happened to be a WR, so that's where the 6 WRs came from.
You see what you can learn here. I'd forgotten completely about Willie Andrews, despite all that interminable 'white jersey' stuff in the media. Nonetheless, I voted for Someone Else. Unless Chad Jackson gets on the field soon, they need a veteran for depth. Quick as he is, Willie is a rookie out of position.

My feeling is they'll sign someone off waivers after Sept 2nd.

14thDragon said:
Does Willie count as "Someone else" or "No 6th Reciever"?

This is earily similar to the Garrett Mills question, are we keeping 4TE or 5 RBs?
I think of Willie as no sixth. BB would say he's a player and does what he's told.

The same could be said of Childress, since he played DB against Miami last year, and since he's not listed as a DB ...

Last edited:
I voted "someone else" meaning DAN KLECKO!! :rocker:

I think they'll keep 4, not counting Branch, who won't show up.

Then Andrews will be #5.

mcbee said:
I think they'll keep 4, not counting Branch, who won't show up.

Then Andrews will be #5.

I was about to post almost the same thing, McBee (except for the Branch part - I give that 50-50). Why not go with just 4? Brady has already proven his long-bomb machismo to the world the past three years.

Now it's time to go back to what he does best. Perform exquisite surgery on a Defense using 5 excellent RB's who can catch and run, an excellent and deep TE unit and 4 WR's. A power offense with more diversification than anything the NFL has ever seen.

Last edited:
The is great poll response. The person who started the thread suggested several names. We unanimously reject them all. In the end,most those who choose six have the sixth as Andrews, someone most of have listed as a safety or special teamer.

I'm much more concerned with who #1 and #2 are at this point

From what I've seen we have a lot of #3 and #4 WRs

This is my assessment of how the WRs currently rank - and what we can currently place on the field

#3 WR - Brown
#4 WR - Childress
#5 WR - Caldwell

My expected #1 & #2 would be Branch and Jackson - even though neither has been in camp - and obviously I'm making a very big assumption about Jackson.

I had hoped Caldwell would claim the #2 spot but as you can see I rank him #5 on our team. The only reason we'd keep additional WRs is because we are so thin there right now - if Branch and Jackson get back, and could be healthy enough to play, I'd say we don't bother with #6 WR

But in this case they might not have a choice but to keep one or more of the guys you mention

Last edited:
mgteich said:
The is great poll response. The person who started the thread suggested several names. We unanimously reject them all. In the end,most those who choose six have the sixth as Andrews, someone most of have listed as a safety or special teamer.
I rejected them all, as well, choosing the Someone Else option.

The team is thin at WR and Willie Andrews and Troy Brown and Kevin Faulk are not the answer. Even Watson is not the answer. Someone needs to widen and deepen the field consistently. Caldwell is only part of that.

To me, the big question mark is Chad Jackson and how hurt he is, and how much he'll contribute this year. He'll need to spend a lot of quality time with Brady during the season, when Brady needs to rest his arm.

That's why I'm still thinking they'll bring in a veteran WR who knows how to play in the NFL and can come up to speed quicker than Jackson.

Meanwhile Musinski and Henry are already gone.

Did you notice (Wash. game) that Stone is our goal line WR? And not just in the second half, either!

Last edited:
Seems to me that Kight, Stone, and Childress have all put in time with the first team. Recently, Stone's been injured. You never know what the coaches are seeing.

If I didn't think they'd bring in someone else, I'd guess Stone would be the pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down