PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll: which best describes your feelings on the Moss trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the trade, i was never really enthusiastic about aquiring him in the first place. I like Defense, i like watching defense, and i think defense wins championships. So i would rather have seen the pats take David Harris and Lamar Woodley that year, they could have had Both.

After the loss in the AFCCG to Indy BB decided to go offense, i wish he hadn't back then.

That says it perfectly.

You've seen the offense with Randy on the field this year. Now imagine them without Randy on the field and the same bad play-calling. What do you think is going to happen?

:confused:

The offense has been good this season. I don't expect that to change.

I'm 50/50 on it. I loved watching him play and I wouldn't trade a second of having him but at the same time if he was becoming a problem in the locker room then its time to move on. He could have really hurt this team by staying and on Oct 31st he could really hurt this team by his leaving.

I would be very upset if we traded the Moss of 07-09 but I won't miss the Moss Ive seen so far this year.

I'm sick of hearing about this disruptive behaviour crap. Moss has been brilliant since he got here, he has been seeing less and less of the ball this season and as a ruthless competitor he is not going to be happy about that. We were losing at halftime and really looked horrific on offense when this blowup happenen. I can understand a veteran superstar being really pissed about that.

People talk about egos and disruptive behaviour, those things happen if a player doesn't think he is getting any respect.

Its about man management and if you can't do that to a reasonable level then you should not be an offensive co-ordinator.

Pure and utter nonsense.

Real men don't need to be "managed".

Real men ~ and real teammates ~ manage themselves.

Divas Need Not Apply.

I will wait and see how this plays out. Not a huge fan of the trade, I hope the younger guys will be able to step up.

*After winning three superbowls with team defense, a spread-the-ball offense, and over-achievers grinding out 80-yard drives, all the while making fun of Manning and the Colts.

*Then we became the Colts.

*Now with hard hitting DBs, over-achievers who WANT to play, and young guys learning the sysem, we are becoming the Patriots again.

*We will play better in December than we will in October, and we will play winning Patriots football.

PERFECT.

All of you cats crying about this trade ~ one of Belichick's greatest moves EVER ~ really ought to print this post ~ and my fine words of wisdom, of course!! :D ~ and chant it, over and over again, until the meaning sinks in.

We just improved the team.

PERFECT.

All of you cats crying about this trade ~ one of Belichick's greatest moves EVER ~ really ought to print this post ~ and my fine words of wisdom, of course!! :D ~ and chant it, over and over again, until the meaning sinks in.

We just improved the team.

Stop overdosing on the Kool Aid, you sound like a fool.

I'm bummed out we only got a 3rd rounder from a team that was as desperate as the Vikings. That team is in a totally "Win NOW" mode, went above and beyond in convincing Favre to come back from retirement, and had all their chips on the table for a run this year and is in complete desperation mode because their #1 reciever is hurt, and we only got a stinking third round pick for a guy that dominates a game like Moss does even when he's not getting a lot of catches.

A complete letdown. This is like when we gave up Manny PLUS Brandon Moss and Craig Hanson AND we even paid the remainder of Manny's contract and all we got in return was Jason freaking Bay.

I would not allow this type of shenanigan to happen in my Fantasy League.

A complete rape.

Last edited:
People talk about egos and disruptive behaviour, those things happen if a player doesn't think he is getting any respect. Its about man management and if you can't do that to a reasonable level then you should not be an offensive co-ordinator.

Since when is the "disrespect" about the offensive coordinator? Is he negotiating contracts now? :confused:

Remember, Moss's whole "disrespect" routine was 100% about a contract extension, before he had any chance to be unhappy with his touches. The reduced role in the offense seems like a result of the attitude problem, not the cause.

I'm bummed out we only got a 3rd rounder from a team that was as desperate as the Vikings. That team is in a totally "Win NOW" mode, went above and beyond in convincing Favre to come back, and had all their chips on the table for a run this year, and we only got a stinking third round pick for a guy that dominates a game like Moss does even when he's not getting a lot of catches.

A complete letdown. This is like when we gave up Manny PLUS Brandon Moss and Craig Hanson AND we even paid the remainder of Manny's contract and all we got in return was Jason freaking Bay.

A complete rape.

3rd round picks have better value

I've gone from fury to depression to alcohol to acceptance. Feeling good now.

Same. I think they've gone and punted on 2010 just like they punted on 2009 when they traded Seymour (I think the Pats would have had a shot at the SB last year with Seymour), but I hope I'm wrong and I hope Randy does us a favor and kicks the **** out of the Jets next week. I'm done dwelling on it though; it happened, and not liking the trade (a 3rd? really?) isn't going to change that.

Last edited:
My biggest concern going forward is the health of the remaining receivers - remember two of the top three of Welker, Hernandez and Tate have recently had reconstructive knee surgery, and Gronkowski is coming off a back problem. Moss, while he may have declined, remained an exceptionally durable player. I like our receivers if they all stay healthy, but if, say, Tate goes down, you're left with guys who's skill sets duplicate each other - all three of Welker, Hernandez and Edelman possess exceptional short-area quickness but lack straight line speed. Price might eventually take over the Moss/Tate role, but he sure didn't look ready in the preseason.

My biggest concern going forward is the health of the remaining receivers - remember two of the top three of Welker, Hernandez and Tate have recently had reconstructive knee surgery, and Gronkowski is coming off a back problem. Moss, while he may have declined, remained an exceptionally durable player. I like our receivers if they all stay healthy, but if, say, Tate goes down, you're left with guys who's skill sets duplicate each other - all three of Welker, Hernandez and Edelman possess exceptional short-area quickness but lack straight line speed. Price might eventually take over the Moss/Tate role, but he sure didn't look ready in the preseason.

Price will never take over Moss' flanker role. Doesn't have the speed for it. He'll be a split end, taking over the position that Tate's played so far this season, and I guess Tate will, either now or in the long term, take over Moss's job. Tough to say, really; I dunno if they'll transition Tate overnight, maybe we just won't have much of a deep threat for a while.

Stop overdosing on the Kool Aid, you sound like a fool.

As long as I "sound like a fool" to clueless clowns such as yourself, I can be confident that I'm actually making perfect sense.

3rd round picks have better value

There's this guy I work with who owns 4 Ford Explorers. One from each year starting in 2008, including a brand new one this year. He makes pretty good money at work and has a side business that I'm guessing is pretty successful. He could easily have afforded 4 4Runners if he wanted to, or a couple of luxury cars. Keep in mind, he's not in construction or in the business where having a full size SUV is a necessity. So I asked him one day what the fascination was with Explorers or did he have a connection with a Ford dealership and was getting good prices. He simply said, "money's not the issue, Explorer's are just better value."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back