PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll: which best describes your feelings on the Moss trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally bummed. I thought the offense was going to bail out the defense while it gelled and that we could go far this season based on how the 1st quarter has gone. Now everything is uncertain (or worse). Dink & Dunk and 20 points only gets it done if your D can hold the opponent under 20, and if you have threat at running back, which I can't say we have.

I will move on, however, by the Baltimore game. If we could get another decent player on the roster between now and then, I will feel better.
I don't think was any choice, if Moss didn't get his way he would most likely shut it down on the field.

I don't think was any choice, if Moss didn't get his way he would most likely shut it down on the field.

I agree. I have said everywhere (and someone mocked me) that the only possible reason this trade happened is that Moss became intolerable behind the scenes.

I agree. I have said everywhere (and someone mocked me) that the only possible reason this trade happened is that Moss became intolerable behind the scenes.

Also agree.

He must have done something to initiate this trade.

Furious they only got a 3rd. And if that wasn't enough, the Pats threw in a 7th.

Why?? The Raiders only got a 4th rounder for a younger Moss.
Do you Mossy's ever wonder why this HOF player doesn't command a higher price on the trade market as he bounces from team to team??

Hate to see him go for so little value... a 3rd and we gave them our 7th.

I was just really hoping for a 2nd which i would have understood

Hate to see him go for so little value... a 3rd and we gave them our 7th.

I was just really hoping for a 2nd which i would have understood

Well, of course, but it was stated no one was interested above a third.

I was completely shocked, probably as shocked after the Seymour trade.

However, for some reason the more time that passes and every time I think about the Moss trade, I get more angry, even more so than after Seymour was traded.

I am absolutely furious right now... And I have lost all faith in Bill. I spent the past couple of years defending him whenever people have said he's losing it but now I'm done defending him.

Uh oh. Now that you're done defending BB, he's in for a world of hurt.

Uh oh. Now that you're done defending BB, he's in for a world of hurt.

You won't find this quite as amusing when the Pats are sitting at home during the playoffs.

I've gone from fury to depression to alcohol to acceptance. Feeling good now.

You won't find this quite as amusing when the Pats are sitting at home during the playoffs.

Given that the Patriots haven't even played a game sans Moss, wouldn't it be somewhat prudent to see how they do without him before declaring the season over?

im very happy moss is gone, hes a overrated head case.

I was one or RM's biggest fans while he was playing with the Pats and I could
not connect with the haters at all. I am sad he is gone but I understand both
ends of this. Moss needs a new contract before the year is over and there
was no way the Pats were going to give him one, especially with the lockout
looming on the horizon. His age, if there is a lost year, will definitely be a huge
factor in whatever contract he would get after that lockout. If he can get
Minny to sign him for a three or four year deal with guaranteed money that
meets his criteria he will be a good dooby for his tenure. He isn't going to get
another deal after the next one for top money. This is his last chance to cash
in and Minny is taking a big chance signing him and expecting him to be motivated
for the life of the contract. I wish him well (except when Minny plays us) and thank
him for his efforts while he was here. Until this year he seemed to toe the line and
drink the Kool-aid.

Last edited:
understand the move. if the player was going to be a distraction, and possible negative influence on the team, maybe it was time to cut bait. with respect to the 3rd rounder, a 2nd would have obviously been preferred, but you can only get what another team is offering.

... We were losing at halftime and really looked horrific on offense when this blowup happenen.

Great point on the O's struggle. Wonder if this was discussed in other threads.

My feelings will remain in the sad/disappointed area until there is more news.

Moss trained very hard for this season and is also on record of wanting to retire as a Patriot. Plus, the Pats official site had videos of him in the locker-room as an outspoken vet celebrating passionately with the other team members; doubt whether they would do that to a malcontent disliked by the coach.

Given that the Patriots haven't even played a game sans Moss, wouldn't it be somewhat prudent to see how they do without him before declaring the season over?

You've seen the offense with Randy on the field this year. Now imagine them without Randy on the field and the same bad play-calling. What do you think is going to happen?

After winning three superbowls with team defense, a spread-the-ball offense, and over-achievers grinding out 80-yard drives, all the while making fun of Manning and the Colts.

Then we became the Colts.

Now with hard hitting DBs, over-achievers who WANT to play, and young guys learning the sysem, we are becoming the Patriots again.

We will play better in December than we will in October, and we will play winning Patriots football.

The DYNASTY PART II started last off-season.

After winning three superbowls with team defense, a spread-the-ball offense, and over-achievers grinding out 80-yard drives, all the while making fun of Manning and the Colts.

Then we became the Colts.

Now with hard hitting DBs, over-achievers who WANT to play, and young guys learning the sysem, we are becoming the Patriots again.

We will play better in December than we will in October, and we will play winning Patriots football.

The DYNASTY PART II started last off-season.
Yes, Yes, Yeeeeees :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back