Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Welker - Yea or Nay?

• Yes. I'm glad we are getting him. He's worth the 2nd.

Votes: 137 83.0%
  • No. I'd rather we kept the 2nd.

Votes: 28 17.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

psychoPat

Role Player
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
We've read (and written) all the reasons, pro and con.

Now how about a simple head count of Pats fans?
Thumbs up or thumbs down on the Welker offer sheet.

Where's the poll?

Either way, thumbs WAY up for Welker.

nay. i dont wanna give a big contract and a 2nd rounder for a slot WR and a returnman.

our return guys did equally as good if not better this year. Faulk was very good on PR

NO-BRAINER.OFCOURSE A HELL YEAH!!!!!:horn:

:singing: :singing: :singing:

nay. i dont wanna give a big contract and a 2nd rounder for a slot WR and a returnman.

our return guys did equally as good if not better this year. Faulk was very good on PR

We don't know what OUR contract is yet - we only know what Miami would have to pay if they match.

In any event, while he'd not be my first choice at WR, he will be a big improvement over what we have, and I'll not second guess BB & SP.

Yea.

If a guy can catch 67 balls in that offense, imagine what he could do here!

The guy is the ultimate team player and a classic over acheiver. Sounds like a Patriot to me.

I don't know how anyone who has watched him play us twice a year for the past four, could not like this signing? It strenghtens our WR corps and weakens a division rival.

The only two (young) receivers that I would have liked them to go after were Curtis and Bennett. Stallworth isn't reliable both with his hands and his durability.

It depends on the contract. If its anywhere near what the Dolphins would have to pay, I say no. But if its closer to the 6 yr./$18 mil that's been speculated on then I say yes.

Last edited:
I'm a "no" but not a strong one. I would prefer to keep the pick and spend the money elsewhere. That said, I'm OK with it as it's a safe, sure way to use the #2.

I'm a "no" but not a strong one. I would prefer to keep the pick and spend the money elsewhere. That said, I'm OK with it as it's a safe, sure way to use the #2.[/QUOT/]

I agree 100%

Yes.

Draft picks are overrated.

I'm a "no" but not a strong one. I would prefer to keep the pick and spend the money elsewhere. That said, I'm OK with it as it's a safe, sure way to use the #2.

That's how I feel.

I vote unhesitatingly yes, this is a very good acquisition for this team at a good price.. the second pick is a crapshoot, this is a much surer thing.

We've read (and written) all the reasons, pro and con.

Now how about a simple head count of Pats fans?
Thumbs up or thumbs down on the Welker offer sheet.

Yep for me. He's quick, agile and has a proven track record in the NFL. I'll take a second for him.

It depends on the contract. If its anywhere near what the Dolphins would have to pay, I say no. But if its closer to the 6 yr./$18 mil that's been speculated on then I say yes.

i agree here
it all depends on the contract
cuz if its not bad than its a yay
cuz ive been saying all along, we needed a wr that could contribute now, not two yrs from now
ive never been a huge fan of his, but i know ill come around once i see him start to play more

I vote unhesitatingly yes, this is a very good acquisition for this team at a good price.. the second pick is a crapshoot, this is a much surer thing.

whats funny though is that bb has always said the second rd is his favorite

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye