Welcome to PatsFans.com

Poll: Was Bill Clinton a good President?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by mikey, Apr 1, 2007.

1. mikey

mikey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +367 / 11 / -27

While I liked the man, very bright, kept us out of major wars, can never forget:

Waco
    Ruby Ridge
    Black Hawk Down

Monica was a sideshow, but no biggie in my mind.. but his actions/inactions at Ruby Ridge and Waco have a lot to do with my feelings about him. The government actions at Ruby Ridge and Waco have really alienated me from the government and make me extremely skeptical about everything that is done.

3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

GJAJ, you got it wrong. Waco, Ruby Ridge, and Black Hawk Down were Bush I's fault. After all, he came before Clinton. In addition, Ruby Ridge occurred only 7 months into Clinton's term, so there's clearly no way he could have been responsible. :rolleyes:

4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Like Bush wasn't responsible for WTC?

5. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

Exactly, didn't you know 9/11 was Clinton's fault? Get with the program!

6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

New Book Coming Out:

With his legendary investigative eye for the Clintons' mischief, Tyrrell sheds glaring light on Bill Clinton and reveals:

How he crashed Bill Clinton's 60th birthday party in Toronto – and the surprising reaction he had when he first saw Clinton.
    What young Clinton aides say behind Clinton's back about the former President and why they mimic his "quirky mannerisms."
    The real story of how Clinton's team trashed the White House as he left the Presidency in 2001.
    Why Clinton is nothing more than a 1960's generation first President: "a smiling, pouty, hulk of a man – an overgrown adolescent."
    Clinton's $43 million money grab – after expenses and living costs – since he left the White House.
    Clinton's "Taj Mahal:" his Presidential Library in Little Rock, Arkansas, that cost an amazing $165,000,000.
    Why history will remember Clinton for being the most undisciplined President of the modern era and the least ethical.
    What FOBs Rick Kaplan and Jeff Greenfield told Tyrrell about Clinton's scandals after he left the White House.
    Clinton's "funk" in 2001 and what Secret Service agents said about Clinton's chatter about becoming Secretary General of the United Nations.
    Terry McAuliffe's recollections about he boy President after he left the White House: Clinton did not know how to use an ATM card.
    Clinton is such a no show in Chappaqua and despite claims by Hillary and Bill of intense religiosity, Tyrrell uncovered that there's no church within thirty miles of Chappaqua that has Bill or Hillary as even casual visitors.
    The true story of Secret Service agents who work for Hillary and why they "detest" her and their true feelings about Bill.
    The secret "deal" that Hillary and Bill made to keep their marriage together that has often times resulted in "verbal violence."
    Why the New York City Police Department Dignitary Protective Unit is so angry with the President's desire for "off-the-beaten-path" night spots.
    The Clinton curse: Why both Clintons' friends and enemies seem to suffer so much.
    "The Chop Suey Connection:" The Clintons' ties to China and why it portends such dangers if Hillary ever becomes President.
    How Bill Clinton used his book "My Life" to sabotage any plans John Kerry had in using him to campaign during the 2004 election.
    Why the Clintons have become "the two most exaggerated figures in modern American political history."
    Tyrrell's visit to the Clinton Library and the surprising revelations he made.

Tyrrell follows the boy president's wayward trail from Washington to Harlem, from Chappaqua to Hong Kong, from his double-wide presidential library with the penthouse on top in Little Rock to the moneychangers' dens of Dubai.

Globetrotting, shady backstage dealing, and chumming up to Hollywood's dubious elite, keep Clinton's larger-than-life image alive—helped all the while by his enraptured admirers and Episodic Apologists. But Tyrrell reveals the real Clinton, a Clinton rarely reported: easily distracted, easily seduced, and a prodigal child of the Sixties as prone to squander his potential as an elder statesman as he was while ensconced in the West Wing.

Debunking the lies and dismantling the myths, Tyrrell takes a genuine look at the post-presidency of Bill Clinton, his legacy, and his future in American politics—including his backdoor chance at returning to the White House in 2008.

R. Emmett Tyrrell Jr. is founder and editor in chief of the famous and feared American Spectator, a political and cultural monthly, which has been published since 1967. The author of several books including the New York Times best-selling Boy Clinton, Madam Hillary, The Liberal Crack-Up, and The Conservative Crack-Up, Tyrrell's syndicated column appears in such venues as the New York Sun, the Washington Times, Townhall.com, and CNN.com. Additionally, his writings have appeared in the Wall Street Journal, Harper's, New York Times, National Review, New York Magazine, and in the UK's Guardian, Independent, the Evening Standard, and The Telegraph newspapers.

"Whew! Bob says things about Bill Clinton that even Hillary wouldn't say." —P.J. O'Rourke
    http://www.newsmaxstore.com/nms/showdetl.cfm?&DID=6&Product_ID=2260&PROMO_CODE=3010-1

7. Seymour93

Seymour93 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Greatest president of my life time! :D

8. mikey

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I believe what you are trying to say is that Mr. Tyrrell is in the 24% minority.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2007
  9. mr3putt

mr3putt 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I think that is a question best asked of Monica ;)

10. mikey

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16304915/

She is no dumb slut.

She just earned her MS from London School of Economics.

11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

Bush had a DUI :eek:

Clinton, a man who was president of the United States for Eight years once said "a blow job isn't cheating on your wife" then he topped that with "a blow job isn't sex" you know this guy had to come out of a Arkansas trailer park, but you have to give him credit he went to the whoite house.

Bush did it too (went to the white house) they say Bush is a "Moron", he beat the people that call him a moron twice twice lol.

Gore & Kerry Talking To Their Grandchildren:
    "Did you run for president Grampy"
    "Yes I did"
    "You lost right Gramp"
    "Yes I did"
    "My teacher said a Moron beat you"
    :bricks:

12. mikey

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Majority of Americans voted against Bush the first time.

Without the first one, I doubt if he could have won the second one.

Just like the Iraq war, the man is a fraud.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2007
  13. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I honestly believe that (retired) Generals Franks or Schwartzkopf would don a pink tutu and dance in the freedom ballet before a Secret Service agent would talk to the press about a protectee ; but that's just me. I'm an idealist.

I'm a contractor; when someone calls me for a new floor I say 'What kind of floor did you have in mind?' Back when Bubba had the economy so hot my wait list was months long, I used to respond to new customers by saying 'Who's your daddy?' So I'm biased.

14. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

So, she was a fat, ugly, smart slut????

Hmmm...

15. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,719 / 76 / -75

Disable Jersey

:rofl:

Now THAT'S good comedy.

16. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +367 / 11 / -27

Better be careful about those trailer park comments, some might get offended.. thought you were more sensitive to those with humble roots.

17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

------Sorry--------

18. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +533 / 6 / -2

So you're what then, 19? :)

Last edited: Apr 2, 2007
  19. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +533 / 6 / -2

Seriously though, Slick Willy was alright. Sucked in some area's, was pretty good in others. As a human being he was a POS, but as a politician he was a cool customer. Well liked, very polished, and I think, astetically presidential. The guy fit the mold of president very well. He really didn't have to deal with much, and his terms had the benefit of a booming economy. On the negative end, he was FOS, corrupt, dishonest, and lacked a little spine. Overall though I'll give him a B/B-, which in politics is a pretty good grade. I'd say Reagan was a B/B+, and Bush I was a C.

20. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Then you must have been born in '92 and died in '00.

:D

//