Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which team is the TRUE Champion of the NFL?

• Pittsburgh Steelers

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • Seattle Seahawks

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • New England Patriots

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • None of the Above - No Champion for 2006

Votes: 29 40.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
JoeSixPat said:
I'm embarrassed that you're embarrassed and don't seem to understand the concept that it would be wrong to preclude people from expressing their views.

That opinion had been previously expressed by some in the discussion and including it as an option - on a Patsfans.com board - is common sense.

It belongs as evidenced by the fact that a few people chose it. I don't agree with it, any more than I agree the Seahawks should be crowned Champions.

Do you think its wrong to allow Seahawks fans the opportunity to express their views that they were robbed?

Let's not be oversensitive - its a Patsfans.com poll - not Gallup research. Geez.

True, in any multiple choice question there is usually an answer or two that can be eliminated immediately. Unfortuneatly too many people didn't eliminate the obviously wrong answers.

mgteich said:
Congratulations! More than half have decided that winning three playoff game by crushing the best in the game and winning the SB is not enough to be named the SB champs. I have a suggestion next year. Don't bother to watch the game, since it means so little to you. The Steeler ARE the 2006 champs and no amount of whining is going to change it. You guys sound like 2001 Raider fans.
I was thinking more like Steeler fans from the "sometimes the best team doesn't win" days.

Let me just play "What if" for a second to illustrate why so many people are not satisfied just accepting the officiating of the game and declaring the Steelers the unquestioned winners.

Forget about this game for a moment.

"What if" a future game were decided by a touchdown scored as a result of an erroneous, but non-reviewable call. (such holding, offside and pass interference).

What if replays showed a clear officiating mistake, but one which, by the rules, was non-reviewable and not only influenced the outcome of the game, but decided it.

How would team fans view that "win" or "loss"? Wouldn't other team fans be smart enough to realize that their team could be in the very same boat?

We've seen this actually happen in regular season games. Many think something similar happened in the Super Bowl.

That's why so many fans - not just Seahawks fans - are expressing so much concern over this - the biggest game of the year - and the way it was officiated.

Let's not be overly righteous and suggest that those who are questioning the officials and the outcome of the game are somehow lesser football fans. Personally I've got some high standards for the officials in the Super Bowl and they did not come close to meeting my expectations.

JoeSixPat said:
"What if" a future game were decided by a touchdown scored as a result of an erroneous, but non-reviewable call. (such holding, offside and pass interference).

What if replays showed a clear officiating mistake, but one which, by the rules, was non-reviewable and not only influenced the outcome of the game, but decided it.

[snip]

We've seen this actually happen in regular season games. Many think something similar happened in the Super Bowl.

A lot of people think that this is exactly what happened.

I'm not willing to say that the Seahawks or the Pats were the true champions, but I'm not quite willing to say that the Steelers "won the Super Bowl," either, though I'll admit they had more points on the board when the game ended.

an even better comparison

T-ShirtDynasty said:
I was thinking more like Steeler fans from the "sometimes the best team doesn't win" days.

As Parcells said, "you are what your record says your are", End of Story.

It isn't the Steelers fault that the refs screwed up, they made the plays
thay had to make to win. I don't think their championship is tarnished in any way.

I look forward to seeing the PAts regain the championship next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back