• Ridley/ Finch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ridley/ White

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reiss was not mentioned, and Ridley and Vereen are treated equally. But yes, I suppose the Reiss analysis did force the poster over the edge.

BTW, I agree with most that Ridley and Bolden should not be in the same category. Also, I DO think that Ridley is a lock to make the 53. Bolden should be worried every time a free agent running back is released or one of the UDFA's has a good day.

I go back and forth on a guy like Bolden.

I definitely agree with you that he's clearly on the bubble, but then I look at his knowledge of the system, fact that he's been consistent with his YPC in both yrs at 4.9, has special teams value, made some progress with his ability to catch some passes last year with 21, the fact that he's a cheap option who is only an RFA in 2015, and think that his odds to make the 53 could be as high as 65% or so.

At this moment in time, I would have Bolden on the squad even if we only kept 4--let alone 5. Obviously, that could change if a guy like Finch plays lights out in TC. I just don't personally see Houston beating him out.

Reiss was not mentioned, and Ridley and Vereen are treated equally. But yes, I suppose the Reiss analysis did force the poster over the edge.

BTW, I agree with most that Ridley and Bolden should not be in the same category. Also, I DO think that Ridley is a lock to make the 53. Bolden should be worried every time a free agent running back is released or one of the UDFA's has a good day.

I agree. Bolden has gone from an exciting prospect for a UDFA to a ho hum decent back since his suspension for adderall or roids. Most definitely a competition for the power back role since White looks pretty intriguing with the bigger emphasis on backs who can be receivers. Gray and Houston I know nothing about. I suppose i could check some videos, if they have any.:p

I agree. Bolden has gone from an exciting prospect for a UDFA to a ho hum decent back since his suspension for adderall or roids. Most definitely a competition for the power back role since White looks pretty intriguing with the bigger emphasis on backs who can be receivers. Gray and Houston I know nothing about. I suppose i could check some videos, if they have any.:p

From what I have gathered RC-- Houston is a bigger, bruising back at a little over 225-230 lbs.

One of his main knocks coming out of college is that he was terribly inconsistent in his pass protection, and from what I have read from the beat writers in early OTAs/Mini camp work, that has continued to stick out here in N.England in a negative way.

I feel as though he is an excellent PS candidate myself, and is not a big threat to make the roster. Of course, that can change in the next 6-8 weeks.

I'm not as sure that I fully agree about Bolden initially starting as a promising UDFA and then now "just" being a ho-hum back. While he's nothing special, he did not regress from year one to year two in my opinion. If anything, he improved on his pass catching ability (2 catches to 21 catches), kept the exact same YPC average at 4.9 with the same number of carries, and actually improved in his pass protection. He also kept his ST role as well.

The only thing that I think changed is our perspective as fans, along with maybe the thought (or truth) that he was in BB's doghouse due to the late rookie season PED suspension, which I agree shouldn't be overlooked. Whether or not he made his way out of BB's doghouse, or is good enough to overcome any pushes from Finch or Gray is likely the million dollar question as it pertains to his chances of making the roster in 2014. As always, the number of players kept at the position along with any injuries will also be a factor as well.

EDIT: I am not meaning to claim that I think he's anything more than mediocre, only that he was probably mediocre in 2012 just the same as he was mediocre in 2013 too. I just disagree with the notion that he definitely took steps backwards.

From what I have gathered RC-- Houston is a bigger, bruising back at a little over 225-230 lbs.

One of his main knocks coming out of college is that he was terribly inconsistent in his pass protection, and from what I have read from the beat writers in early OTAs/Mini camp work, that has continued to stick out here in N.England in a negative way.

I feel as though he is an excellent PS candidate myself, and is not a big threat to make the roster. Of course, that can change in the next 6-8 weeks.

I'm not as sure that I fully agree about Bolden initially starting as a promising UDFA and then now "just" being a ho-hum back. While he's nothing special, he did not regress from year one to year two in my opinion. If anything, he improved on his pass catching ability (2 catches to 21 catches), kept the exact same YPC average at 4.9 with the same number of carries, and actually improved in his pass protection. He also kept his ST role as well.

The only thing that I think changed is our perspective as fans, along with maybe the thought (or truth) that he was in BB's doghouse due to the late rookie season PED suspension, which I agree shouldn't be overlooked. Whether or not he made his way out of BB's doghouse, or is good enough to overcome any pushes from Finch or Gray is likely the million dollar question as it pertains to his chances of making the roster in 2014. As always, the number of players kept at the position along with any injuries will also be a factor as well.

EDIT: I am not meaning to claim that I think he's anything more than mediocre, only that he was probably mediocre in 2012 just the same as he was mediocre in 2013 too. I just disagree with the notion that he definitely took steps backwards.

I thought he showed some fierce upside before his suspension (small sample and yes, he was new. Just my impression at the time. He played all right since, but seemed less aggressive, though still small sample and just an impression.

I wouldn't be surprised to see more RBs brought into camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back