Welcome to PatsFans.com

Poll: McCain Palin attacks Backfiring...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Oct 15, 2008.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

The source is shaky(the NYT is part of the "liberal east coast media"), but the content is echoing what a lot of folks have felt and verbalized on this board.. that the rapid attacks of the McCain/Palin machine are detracting from the issues and hurting McCain while helping Obama..

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/15/us/politics/15poll.html?_r=1&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss&oref=slogin

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  2. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Not sure I'm agreeing with this. While I'm sure there are some that are swayed, others will be picked up. The question is, is there a net gain? I think there is.

I think they need to stay with it. The 'theme' of the week from McCain is pissing me off more then the attacks are. They need to stay focused and not listen to Left leaning papers :)

I also think they are sitting on info worse then they have released to date. I think they are waiting so as not to give Obama time to recover. If not, Obama wins.

One item might be the Berg vs Obama
    BERG v. OBAMA et al - 2:2008cv04083 - Justia Federal District Court Filings and Dockets

Not sure what's going on but not only won't he provide his Long Form BC but they have filed for a Motion for Protective Order Staying Discovery. Interesting that no one is covering this. Even if it's a total farse, why would no media source cover this? What is he trying to hide. What's on his BC?

Strange days indeed.
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  3. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

A lot of things are not covered.. McCain/Ishfkin, McCain and his affiliation with radical right groups, Palin and Hubby with the Alaska Independence Party, Palin fukcing her hubby's business party on and on.. as far as the Berg suit goes, the reality is that this has been debunked over and over again and the outcome will probably be a frivolous law suit...

As far as this poll goes it is what it is.. scientific method used and the outcomes are usually verifiable..
  4. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +30 / 12 / -2

The NYT?

Where did they do the poll?

Greenwich Village ?
  5. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

They should be covered (all sides). It's frustrating. The media has the job of being our watch dog, they fail. Shame on them and shame on us for putting up with it.
  6. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

Expected response, my suggestion is keep up the mad dog attacks as that what works well for the Republican Party... read how it was done and then comment..
  7. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

Believe that there has been so much "underreporting" due to the "Rather Effect".. when he exposed Bush as a favorite son who avoided the Viet Nam War.. all hell broke loose.. so I suspect a lot of news folks like their jobs..
  8. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +30 / 12 / -2

I am not voting for McCain.
    He does not express my views, so he will not get my vote.

Unlike you GJAJ15, who supports a man who supports Black Liberation
    Theology and William Ayers.

Ayers is a terrorist..... If he had every gone to jail, he would have gone into
    protective custody because he would not have survived in the general
    population.
  9. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

You are hijacking a thread into a personal attack, lets see how the mods react today.. as far as the rest of your post goes is it just the same old, same old right wing knee jerk reaction.. when confronted with some valid info and you cannot respond.. just throw anything against the wall and see what sticks..

How Ayers would have done in jail, yea that is real pertinent.. continue the discussion as to whether he would have survived in open population or would have wound up in PC, yeah that is spot on to this political discussion. Continue that thought also...
  10. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

What are you, 6?

He doesn't "support" Ayers. Tell us, have you never even talked with a person who's been suspected of being in trouble with the law? Is anyone you've ever (in your life) talked to or responded to supposed to be reflective of your own reputation? What a Con man.
  11. PF1996

PF1996 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Actually, there has been "underreporting" thanks to the corporate owned media capitulating to the righties cry for "balancing", where as Campbell Brown put it, if a [democrat] says it's cloudy outside and a [Republican] claims its a sunny day, she can't look outside, see that it's cloudy and say, ah no, it's NOT a sunny day. It's a reporting environment fostered by righties to enable them to make false and misleading claims without being challenged.

So let's get this straight - you think Obama supports terrorist, knows that there's a possibility that he will be elected, but rather than make your vote COUNT to decrease the likelihood of Obama being elected, you instead vote for a candidate with no chance in hell of being elected?

You're either a fraud or I've seriously underestimated your stupidity.

Unfortunately he isn't 6 which is why his unhinged, irrational comments are so sadly shocking.
  12. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

McCain's a moron. He lost once he supported the bailout bill. His chance at winning was to vote against it, while Obama voted for it. McCain would be up 10 points right now if he did that. He was ahead, or at least even until the crisis broke, and a no vote would have secured his stake with the people. Instead, he's left looking no different than the usual DC crowd, and thus gets lumped in with the current admin. He dropped the ball, so now it's the Ayers stuff, which IMO, is absolutely a valid issue. Personally, I think he should be blasting Rev. Wright and that hate church on TV. Apparently though, he's made Wright off limits. More stupidity on his part. Oh well, it's not as if McLame's any better an option anyway. They're both awful candidates, and I think punting for field position is probably the best option for the country at this point.