Welcome to PatsFans.com

Poll: Majority wants George Bush Impeached

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by mikey, Jul 7, 2007.

1. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

Another byproduct of the MSM, nothing to do with the will of the people and the mood of this country.. it will be dismissed as such.
  3. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I wonder how many people in this country know what impeachment is and what it means?
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

Are you assuming that most people do not understand what it means?? Therefore they do not know what they are voting for, i.e. Emperor Cheney takes over.
  5. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

No I think most people think impeachment means he's done. When someone is impeached then it tales a 2/3 majority of a congress vote to get them out. That will not happen. I think back to Clinton's impeachment and all the time, energy and money that took, for what? The republicans just wanted to make a big statement, much like the pro impeachment crowd is doing now.
  6. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Something doesn't ring true about that poll to me. I know that Bush's numbers are tanked, I'm not denying that. I'd like to know how that poll was determined. I'm not saying its rigged or anything, but there are a few different ways to do polls and some can produce funky results. Obviously the country isn't happy with Bush (or any politicans in general right now, and they shouldn't be), but I have a hard time believing most people feel that way.
  7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

The War was bad enough but when he joined the Uncle Teddy Gang and their Amnesty for Criminal Illegal Aliens that was the last straw, he has nobody to blame but himself, the sore losing haters had nothing to do with this they have been against him since the day he was born.
    :bricks:
  8. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Harry, what's the weather like up there this weekend? I'm going up to Bah Hahbah tonuight and tomorrow for a wedding. I need to know whether to bring my surf casters.
  9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

Great Wedding weather, sunny and cool, PM Thunder Showers.

I went to your wedding
    Although I was dreading
    The thought of losing you
    :bricks:
  10. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Not sure what you mean. Do you think his numbers should be one or two points higher? What has he accomplished in his two terms? He did appoint two conservative judges to the Supreme Court, but had a Republican majority to accomplish that. If your an opponent of stem cell research or not opposed to invading a country without being provoked, then his numbers may look low. Even if you do not believe in the man-made global warming scare, his 'let the corporations monitor themselves' policy is clearly wrong. Anyone that has driven through Southern Houston could see that coming. The majority of Americans disagree with his amnesty policy. Whether, a person believes Valerie Plame was covert or not, isn't it a little cynical to declare to the American people that he will fire anyone in his administration that is responsible.......then to commute that person's sentence ( Libby was found guilty of obstruction of justice). Bush's base continues to show their support as well as the American people who are more obsessed with the going on's of Paris Hilton and the Brittany Spears of the World.
    But then again, there are bound to be more scandals coming that may wake those people from their news ($9 Billion in Iraq funds unnaccounted for........ok, nevermind).
  11. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

No, I don't think his numbers should be higher. I recognize their in the tank and fully understand why. I'm just saying the impeachment thing doesn't ring true to me. It's a serious process, and I would that most Americans treat it that way. Has Bush done anything serious enough to foster impeachment? Not in my eyes, but I understand that there's people who feel that way (for the record I thought the impeachment proceedings against Clinton were ridiculous too). I just don't think that 45% of the country would feel that way. But hey, maybe they don't take impeachment as seriously as I do.
  12. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +236 / 8 / -13

Looking at the demographics It looks like they are oversampling democrats and under sampling pubbies based on the # of pubbies vs dems in the last presidential election. (38% dems, 33% ind, 29% pubbies).
  13. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

'pubbies' ... what a connotation that brings forth now...

anyhow, nice spin
  14. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

You don't think that's a valid fact to take into account when considering the results of this poll?
  15. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +236 / 8 / -13

Anything that doesn't agree with his beliefs is spin.:rolleyes:
  16. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

It doesn't surprise me that the American people want Bush impeached. He is not liked, and the bar for impeachment was set low during the Clinton administration. It's pretty obvious that if a man can be impeached for lying about his sex life, he can also be impeached for lying about the war. Further, given that something like 70% of Americans oppose the war, is it any surprise 46% of Americans favor impeachment?

As far as people not knowing what impeachment means, I think after Clinton most people do, and they realize it's not the same as removing a President from office.
  17. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Agreed that the bar was set low by the ridiculous impeachment proceedings against Clinton. Has it ever been proven, however, that Bush intentionally lied about the Iraq War? This might be opening up a can of worms, but I've yet to see proof of it.
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2007
  18. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Whats' the difference between a lie and not coming across with the truth? It has been well documented that Bush asked his cabinet members for a reason to invade Iraq. That was well before 9/11. Then, there are the number of officials, both Republican and Democrat, who have voiced displeasure at the information (cherry picking, falsehoods) which have come out of the White House. Saying Bush never lied about the Iraq War is the equivalent of Clinton saying he never had sex with that woman ( the definition of sex being the critical factor). So yes, I guess Bush never lied about the Iraq War.
  19. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +236 / 8 / -13

20. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

And what is your response to Bush asking for a reason to invade Iraq?