Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How will the Patriots as a team react to this adversity?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

yopats

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
The Pats taking on a us against the world mentality as a team that unites them for a game that shuts up all the critics OR one that distracts them.

I hope I'm wrong, but i think this is too big a distraction and the Pats will get blown out.

Gawd i hate the Seahaxxx

I honestly have no clue.

However I'm going for UNIFIER as it was two weeks ahead of time.

I wanna say that they are united, galvanized and are taking on the us vs them mentality.

However I just remember all too well the events leading up to SB 42 and how players said that they lost because they didn't perform- but the Spector and Tomase stuff was a distraction.

Just gotta see how this all plays out.

I wanna say that they are united, galvanized and are taking on the us vs them mentality.

However I just remember all too well the events leading up to SB 42 and how players said that they lost because they didn't perform- but the Spector and Tomase stuff was a distraction.

Just gotta see how this all plays out.

I think the fact that they have dealt with this entire week makes this a much different situation. I do agree that SB 42 it was a factor.

The Patriots are united. The last time something like this happen, the next game, the Patriots blew out the chargers in week 2. The media was out for blood and grilling brady at the press conference. Tom will be out for blood and his appetite is for a seahawk. Because of this deflategate, the real victims will be the seahawks! GO PATRIOTS!!

I'm in the minority. I say distraction. Mainly because SB week is distraction enough, now they've got this on top of it.

Hope the rest of you are right and they come out and stomp the SeAdderall Seahawks flat.

I wish it was choice B, but since we have already seen this before and the following result with probably our best Team ever being a loss, had to go with choice A.

It will be a motivating factor....... there are 2 other factors that point to this.

1) It's happening early enough to ignite the burning passion among the players and have it still be a white hot heat of anger come kick off, but early enough to allow for a solid 8-9 days of meaningful football practice and game prep. Let's face it, it will die down a bit from here.

2) It knocks the Seahawks into a position they are not used to, or comfortable with. That team, particularly the defense, predicates itself on being the "bad boys" of the league. Well, they are the media saints and darlings compared to the Patriots right now. So much so, that they are trying anything to be relevant in the "bad boy" realm. Seriously, what do you thing the "Gronk's not that good" comment was all about. It was meant to draw attention to back to the "Legion of Boom" and "we'll disrepect all comers" crap, when in reality all it did was earn a S-T-F-U from the head coach.

I would not be surprised by a Patriot blow out at this point.

Last edited:
There is no question that this will motivate the team. If Seattle wins, it will because they have played very, very well indeed.

It's going to be a pre game speech more epic than this.

They are being called cheaters. All of their accomplishments and hard work are being questioned. The team leader and head coach are being universally called liars by everyone in the media, ready to take their shot.

I know those guys watched what Tom went through at that press conference. People have said he was nervous but in the end he stood tall and kept calm against the most ridiculous flurry of media questions I've ever heard. He kept his composure and is focusing on beating Seattle. Sets a good example for the rest of the team.

Will we win? I'm not sure. But this will be a major rallying cry, greater than we have ever seen before. Professionals don't like to be told that all of their achievements are null and void over such a stupid thing. There will be an extra fire in them.

It is an "us against the world" type thing, but this time it really is. There are probably countries that barely understand American football hearing about the Patriots.

Last edited:
No idea if this is going to help or hurt their game performance. Wouldn't be surprised if the game was a blowout in either direction. Maybe if they can settle in and avoid an early collapse, then the game is all that matters in their heads and they'll be locked in.

Beat the PED birds into the dust.

I'm gonna go optimistic and say it will unite them. I really have no basis for saying this other than I'm just a homer. Ultimately it will come down to on field execution.

38-14 win

It's Week 2, 2007 all over again.

In Ghostbusters 2, the hate and anger of people in New York built up a lot of slime under the city. Viggo managed to create a slime shield to protect the museum. The more hate and anger, the stronger the shield.

ghostbusters2_08.jpg

The Pats are no different. The more hate and anger thrown at them, the stronger they are. Feel bad for the Seahawks due to the onslaught they are about to receive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back