PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

POLL: If Pats were to go FA WR route, who's most realisitic?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Most likely FA receiver Pats could land?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, Bryant and Thomas would look really good in a Pat uniform, but I think everyone knows that's not likely. With Edleman, LaFell, Amendola(playing great at the end of year), Dobson(hopefully healthy) and Tyms....I'm guessing it's more likely we bring in a middle to lower level guy for insurance, who can learn our system and is smart, oh and good character.....maybe someone like Salas, Shorts(although he will probably cost too much).

Cecil Shorts, Belichick loves him.

Nobody!
Cut Danny Amendola

I would rather re-sign Shane Vereen than unnecessarily spend money on a wide receiver in unrestricted free agency.

Alternatives to unrestricted free agency at the wide receiver position:
Aaron Dobson
Brian Tyms
Josh Boyce
2015 NFL Draft Selection(s)

Looking forward to the year three "leap" from one of the three wide receivers:
Boyce
Dobson
Tyms
I wouldn't count on it...if Danny doesn't come back we have to get a vet. Ideally danny reconstructires and we get an avant or cotchery type guy as insurance.

I hope Bill is smart enough not to go the free agent route for WRs. Build up the trenches first and foremost.
that's the extact opposite of what's been successful for us over the last like 10 years. Don't waste cash on linemen in FA all our boys have been homegrown and have done a good job. Get vets for wide out and use an early pick or two on the line. Edelman/LaFell/Dola/Vet is great depth. Anything the youngster (Dobson/Boyce/Tyms) contribute I'd chalk up as a bonus. Don't not make moves because you're counting on them to contribute.

Looking at the roster I'd put WR and TE down at the bottom of my list of needs.

Agree about WR disagree completely about TE. If Gronk is out for a few games (think high ankle sprain or something similar) there is a huge frakking dropoff to the next TE. Since we have no other hybrid TE our entire offense becomes very much predictable. Getting an insurance for Gronk (e.g. Maxx Williams) would actually be a very smart move. It will enable us to run/pass out of the same 2TE sets (which would further decrease the need for another WR).

Percy Harvin will probably be cut, if his baggage scares teams off and we can get him for cheap he could be an option.

Sure, Bryant and Thomas would look really good in a Pat uniform, but I think everyone knows that's not likely. With Edleman, LaFell, Amendola(playing great at the end of year), Dobson(hopefully healthy) and Tyms....I'm guessing it's more likely we bring in a middle to lower level guy for insurance, who can learn our system and is smart, oh and good character.....maybe someone like Salas, Shorts(although he will probably cost too much).
If they cut ties with Amendola I like the Cecil Shorts idea. He has some return exp., #'s have been declining and probably wouldn't be getting a huge contract. Plus he's got a career 158.3 passer rating!:)

If they cut ties with Amendola I like the Cecil Shorts idea. He has some return exp., #'s have been declining and probably wouldn't be getting a huge contract. Plus he's got a career 158.3 passer rating!:)

After the way Amendola played the last part of the year, do you think we still might move on from him?

A veteran wr looking for a ring wouldnt be much on a 1 year deal.
Larry Fitzgerald......

I know, I know we mention his name every year. But this is the first year I feel he could actually be cut and willing to go for the ring over the $$$

A veteran will have an easier time with the playbook and therefore the chances of brady accepting him will be greater.

Ideally we need someone to take the top off the defense and open up the underneath for Edelman and gronkowski.

It would also help if this veteran wr played with a less than average qb. That way bb. Can see on tape if the guy can get open even if the qb can't get him the ball ( ie: lafells situation in carolina) and bb can get the wr at a bargain price.

How about Cordarrelle Patterson? He has fallen out of favor in Minnesotta. Has 2 years left in his rookie contract. Has a ton of talent and would also help in the return game. Negatives? Would require a trade and is he willing to put in the work to play for BB?

What about that alcoholic dude from the Jaguars, Blackmon? Is he done?

How about Cordarrelle Patterson? He has fallen out of favor in Minnesotta. Has 2 years left in his rookie contract. Has a ton of talent and would also help in the return game. Negatives? Would require a trade and is he willing to put in the work to play for BB?

Man, it seems only yesterday that this board was livid over the Pats trading away the chance at that stud Patterson for Jamie Collins, Logan Ryan, Josh Boyce and LeGarrette Blount. :) But I still feel now the way I did then: Patterson is a terrible prospect for the Patriots. Very low football IQ for an offense that demands a lot of it.

After the way Amendola played the last part of the year, do you think we still might move on from him?
I actually think they make a push to restructure. He can makes plays when called upon (lately) and is a solid if unspectacular KO returner and back up PR (meaning he secures the ball no matter what, which is alot more crucial than people realize until one get's coughed up deep in our own end;)).

they have the starting WR's in Lafell and Edelman and they may bring back DA for one more year Brian Tyms and Dobson will get one more shot to make the roster as the 4 and 5 guys so it will be late round and UDFA rookies and a few unheard of vets

Percy Harvin will probably be cut, if his baggage scares teams off and we can get him for cheap he could be an option.

harvins overrated. we have edelman who is a better player.

fitzgerald would be nice if the cardinals part ways.

they have the starting WR's in Lafell and Edelman and they may bring back DA for one more year Brian Tyms and Dobson will get one more shot to make the roster as the 4 and 5 guys so it will be late round and UDFA rookies and a few unheard of vets

amendola gets cut, we bring back welker.:cool: pats repeat/wes goes out with a ring.

I just read on nfl.com that Larry Fitzgerald is likely too expensive for the cardinals and there's a good chance of trade/being cut.

I don't remember details but i remember some chatter about Fitz to pats recently....thoughts?

I know it's a fantasy, but with him on our team I could totally see us going on FU tour 2.0 and actually completing the perfect season this time.

Cherry on top of the Brady/Belichick dynasty

I have no idea what year the people clamoring for fitzgerald live in. He struggled at geting separation last year, not just downfield but on intermediate routes too, because he has lost speed since his prime. He isn't a top receiver any more, but will probably want much more cash than he is actually worth for his skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back