PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll-- How Screwed Are Tom & Bill's successors?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What bar has been set for Belichick and Brady's successors?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When BB retires he will probably move to the Front Office in some capacity and continue to guide this team, I also wonder if Brady will remain involved in some capacity...

For years this team had a culture of loosing and idiotic behavior, now that this culture is ingrained difficult to imagine it going backwards..

Not sure they will always be this good, but with the current talent evaluation they might be better than most..

They say you never appreciate what you have until it is gone. In this instance, I think we all appreciate what we have.

Thus, I would flip that statement around to say enjoy what you have while it is great and not worry about tomorrow. Leave the worry to Robert Kraft. I'm sure He and BB will have a plan in place for BB's successor. It's not like Belichick will just decide to quit from one season to the next, he'll give Kraft advanced notice and see the transition through.

When BB retires he will probably move to the Front Office in some capacity and continue to guide this team.

I agree. Look at the example of his father, who stayed involved with football into his 80s.

One of my favorite old Steve Belichick stories is the obvious one, namely the Gatorade bath he shared with his son. The other is the time he was volunteer coaching (already over 80 years old, I believe), got knocked down on a play, got right back up, and taunted the player(s) for not having hit him hard enough.

Ahh. Google on steve belichick knocked down and click the link that is Tedy Bruschi's book. It's all in there, in one paragraph.

I have tremendous hope that BB will identify his successor one or two years before he decides to retire, and transitions responsibilities to him gradually over a few years. Smooth and easy transition with continuity in staff, methodology, routine, recruiting. Probably won't be McDaniels, since Belichick still has a few years in him and Josh will certainly get a HC job somewhere else before then. Ernie Adams needs to pass his role off to another film jockey, too.

It won't be Jimmy at QB, because by then he'll have been traded to New Orleans or Denver or some team that desperately needs a starting QB. But, there'll be another Pats 2nd round pick spent on a guy that Belichick will coach up himself, after Brady retires.

And thus, the reins are passed on to another generation to carry the Dynasty onward for another decade.

No magical replacement of GOAT coach and GOAT quarterbacks. We flare out like the Steelers, Cowboys and Niners before us.

Most Patriots fans- before the Pats became good -wished their team would become like the Steelers, Cowboys, and 9ers. In my opinion, we've surpassed them and aren't finished, yet. And I voice this because the game (i.e. on and off the field) is much different. What the Pats are doing with a cap has all of their opponents calling them cheaters simply because they cannot figure like BB. Note: the ones who are calling him out are impatient, envious and behind this guy no matter what they do...ultimately, they've reverted to manufacturing propagandas and selling their bent to fans via polls et al.

Honestly, instead of predicting what might happen 6+ years out, why not enjoy the current moment(s). One can actually lose the good times now, whilst "preparing" (mentally) for a demise that might not even come. Initially, I thought some Pat-hater started this thread to put us in their position; have us thinking about their (current) situation, instead of our own.

If the team was currently faltering with no end in sight, then the future plans for the team might be more...immediate. But working through that now...is almost criminal. Those who cannot (learn to) live in the now will miss it. :eek:

Reality check: The Patriots are looking good. Enjoy the games ahead. Cheers! :D

Hopefully we see this in the future (Post Brady)

d746211954600b2d40472096ccb8c8fd.jpg

While it seems unlikely to ever continue this success again, I think looking at other nfl dynasties won't give the best outline for the pats future.

San Fran's owner got ousted for fraud right when the changeover happened. Jimmy Johnson got kicked out of Dallas at a similar point.

No, I think the closest comparable is really Scotty bowman and the red wings. Bowman is about the only modern coach that had a similar parallel that we actually saw play out. Similarly, everyone thought the team would fall apart after each start left the franchise, but it just hasn't happened. Bowman went from coach to advisor, and has trained up some of the best coaches and management teams across the league. Yet, the red wings are still in the playoff hunt every year.

So, I were to have some expectation for where the Pats will go after BB, it will most likely be to a similar place the wings have been the last decade.

If their new group has the confidence to turn a crap team around, they should do great with a team groomed by the best organization in football.

I've got quite a bit of confidence in Jonathan Kraft too, so what's the problem?

You sound like the guy who won the powerball lottery and was despondent thinking about all the taxes he'd have to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down