Welcome to PatsFans.com

Poll: Four in Five Want New Blood in Congress

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

Not a good year for incumbents. Six out of ten likely voters think that they're sitting rep needs to go. That gets a wow.

[​IMG]

October 27, 2010 2:00 PM

Poll: Four in Five Want New Blood in Congress

Posted by Brian Montopoli

(Credit: CBS) Here's more evidence that it is a dire year to be an incumbent running for re-election: A new CBS News/New York Times poll taken shortly before the midterm elections finds that 80 percent of likely voters say that most members of Congress should be replaced with someone new.

While Congress has long been unpopular, the numbers are worse for incumbents than they were in the 2006 midterm elections. Then, 16 percent said members deserved re-election while 69 percent wanted someone new.

Just 8 percent say most members deserve re-election.

Voters are somewhat more positive about their own member of Congress - but perceptions are still negative. Just 34 percent say their representative deserves re-election, while 58 percent say their representative does not deserve two more years in office. In 2006, by contrast, roughly one in two said their member deserved to keep his or her job, while 42 percent said it was time for a replacement.

Poll: Four in Five Want New Blood in Congress - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

2. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

It's likely going to be a bloodbath. And I know that I just want some new blood in NH politics in general. Hoades, Bass, Swett, Sununu, etc. - these are all names we've seen for years around here, and I would think NH people have had enough.

3. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +157 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

Yeah me too, but i don't want Crazy Blood. I despise Harry Reid, but Angle for example, is off the deep end. Shes a Bug, and she isn't the only one.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  4. Real World

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

I'd vote Slingblade into office before I'd give Reid another day on the job. Angle might indeed be nuts though. I guess it's better to hire a crazy person to do work for you, than it is to be crazy, and give a known incompentent more time on the job. I say this mind you, without having much of a clue who Angle is. She must be a loon since she's neck and neck with that zombie. Anyone remotely normal with a pulse should be 20 points ahead. Afterall, it's Nevada, and not Massachusetts. What wonderful choices we get in this country eh? Mmmmmmmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmm....

5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +377 / 11 / -28

After all the rhetoric, and all of the noise and the confetti is picked up.. not a lot will change, as long as the corporatists have their big hands in the pockets of those elected there is not a lot of hope.. big business will continue to rule under the guise of our elected democracy..

All of this is about power, and anyone who believes that a new congress will significantly change things is delusional. Follow "open secrets" and see where the money goes, it is amazing and we are stupid to believe that we have a say in what happens..

They all talk the talk, but when they get inside the beltway then they get the money disease which entails short memories and selling out to the highest bidder.

How can companies like BP continue to do business in the US?? How come we continue to fund companies like Xe or Haliburton?? Every day there are stories about how companies defraud the government, get a small slap on the wrist and just continue on like nothing happened. Every day Big Pharma gets hit with a huge settlement and they just keep on using us as guinea pigs.. the only folks getting rich are the lawyers.. when we address the real power in this country then there is hope for change, until then you can elect 538 new people and nothing will change...

6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +672 / 2 / -9

Your right but at least she's a "new nut" Reid is probably one of the biggest pieces of sh!t in todays politics.

We need new people desperately but don't be surprised to see the slobbering sheep vote the same dirty scum right back in, it would be a great thing for America if they really vote the talk, Imagine this Congress and this Senate completely wiped out, what a wonderful thing it would be.

7. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

The poll SHOULD say

4 in 5 americans want congress to do less than nothing for the next 2 years.

or

4 in 5 americans have a really bad memory.

2 years of gridlock should fix everything. I'm sure once we get some tea party people in congress, it will just fix itself.

8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +672 / 2 / -9

If it doesn't vote them out.

9. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

It looks like the Republicans have done a good enough job of delaying the economic recovery that's in progress to sufficiently dodge the blame for causing it in the first place. What this tells me is that my countrymen and women have gotten stupider vis a vis politics over the past 20 years. There was a time when if you were in charge when the wheels came off the wagon it was your fault regardless oh how loudly you screamed "BARNEY FRANK DID IT!!" That time has clearly passed.

10. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +157 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

The Zombie came back from 15 points down to tie her. i believe she really believes what she says unlike O'Donnell. So you might as well vote for a [​IMG]

11. Real World

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

So this truly is South Park. The people of Nevada get to choose between a giant douche, and a turd sandwich. Yum...:eek:

12. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,078 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

[​IMG]

13. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,078 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

How have the republicans done this?

Please explain.

14. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Because they're Republicans, silly! All they want to do is tank the economy and chase off anyone that isn't straight, white, and Christian.

15. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The republicans took over Congress in 1994 and won the presidency in 2000. They were in charge for years leading up to this mess. Leadership means accepting the blame for bad things that happen on your watch.

Since 2008 Obama and the Democrats have repeatedly offered compromises to find middle ground and they've been repeatedly rebuked with nothing more substantive than 'fukc you, we demand more tax cuts.'

16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +672 / 2 / -9