Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How confident are you in the current LB group?

• It is a disaster in the making

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • I'm very worried, but still holding on to hope

Votes: 17 12.1%
  • They will be the weakness in the defense, but not bad

Votes: 20 14.3%
  • I'm mildly optimistic that they will do well

Votes: 52 37.1%
  • They will perform well in general, and at times very well

Votes: 39 27.9%
  • This group is going to blow our socks off

Votes: 8 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BTTA

He/Him
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Where do you stand as of right now?

On a scale of 1 to 10 I would say a 4 - Only because it is from a good coaching situation or it would be lower

I like the poll, but it seems to be a trick question.

Do others believe that some other position is weaker than linebacker? I would think that even if I were satisfied with our linebackers, they are still the weakest unit.

I think they're both good.

Considering we run a 34 and the weakest part of the d is the lbs im a lil worried on the outside, JT would be a nice addition and a boost of confidence.

Fantasy Football, Baseball and Basketball - news, projections, rankings, draft guide - Rotoworld.com

Coach Tony Sparano revealed Tuesday that the Dolphins are revisiting the idea of signing free agent Jason Taylor.
"Yeah, we’re talking," Sparano said. "(We) have talked about Jason and had several conversations about it." ESPN's Chris Mortensen wrote in his Twitter account last Friday that he expected Taylor to sign with the Patriots.

i dont understand why every one seems to be so worried about the lbs, the only difference between this year and last year is no vrabel i know he was great, but his play was on a decline so one of last years rookies or some one like woods should be able to play in that spot

A Lions reject and a mid 30s CB followed by a rookie backing them up does not make me feel all that comfortable in the secondary either - That area is far from certain but its all we got - Pray.

Last edited:
Considering we run a 34 and the weakest part of the d is the lbs im a lil worried on the outside, JT would be a nice addition and a boost of confidence.

Fantasy Football, Baseball and Basketball - news, projections, rankings, draft guide - Rotoworld.com

Coach Tony Sparano revealed Tuesday that the Dolphins are revisiting the idea of signing free agent Jason Taylor.
"Yeah, we’re talking," Sparano said. "(We) have talked about Jason and had several conversations about it." ESPN's Chris Mortensen wrote in his Twitter account last Friday that he expected Taylor to sign with the Patriots.
Jason Taylor would lick Parcell's boots to get back on the Dolphins.

i dont understand why every one seems to be so worried about the lbs, the only difference between this year and last year is no vrabel i know he was great, but his play was on a decline so one of last years rookies or some one like woods should be able to play in that spot
thats why were concerned, little or no pressure on the qb, wheres the upgrade?

I'm optimistic... But, cautiously so. Too many uncertainties. I hope Crable can show something.

Is this sarcasm?

A Lions reject and a mid 30s CB followed by a rookie backing them up does not make me feel all that comfortable in the secondary either - That area is far from certain but its all we got - Pray.

If you tell me TBC will make the Pro Bowl, I'm REAL confident. Otherwise, lump me in with the "concerned, but not losing sleep over it" group.

If the Pats are as solid as many of us hope in the other depts... the LBs will be decent enough to get this train rolling.

why all the gloom and doom the pats are finally going to be starting LB in there 20s and not because injury but because we drafted them to become are starters mayo will be a all pro this yer guyton looked good vs the pass last yer and will get better this yer AD is a all pro OLB and crable may be the next willy mac for the last 5 or 6 yers every one has been asking for more youth at LB will here it is and now every one is crying cause we are not signing 35 yer old jason taylor

why all the gloom and doom the pats are finally going to be starting LB in there 20s and not because injury but because we drafted them to become are starters mayo will be a all pro this yer guyton looked good vs the pass last yer and will get better this yer AD is a all pro OLB and crable may be the next willy mac for the last 5 or 6 yers every one has been asking for more youth at LB will here it is and now every one is crying cause we are not signing 35 yer old jason taylor

I still feel that Peppers might be in play. The Panthers traded out of first yet again. Their CAP is a mess and Peppers does not want to play in a 4-3. We can do the same second round dance for 2010 and a player (Green?). Green clears up $5.4M for a non-starting, although very good player through the years, unselfish Pat. He would start in Carolina and he is about the same age as Peppers. Three new D linemen drafted and resigning two others means something is up.

Yes, they would have to be creative with Peppers numbers but no other of the 31 NFL teams will pay him $1m per game. For that money he should make every tackle in the game and have 15 sacks per week. JP would need to be realistic.

If not, perhaps bring Woods into the middle. Everyone says AD but at the end of the day we are talking about depth in the middle, not starters. There will probably be a FA camp pick up for depth before the first game. Another alternative is Tank with a few cheeseburgers added, to get up ten or fifteen pounds.

Then there is Applebee and ....?

The gamble on the OLB side is Crable and Redd.

DW Toys

Adalius should be switching from the strongside to the weakside, that alone should help the pass rush. I think either Crable or Redd will push Woods for playing time and they should get decent play out of at least one of the three. I'm more concerned who will line up next to Mayo. Mckenzie would have been a nice addition but if he's out I would like to see at least one more guy on the inside. I don't think Bruschi has much left and I doubt Guyton and/or Appleby can play full time. If it comes down to either Alexader or Ciurciu than we're screwed.

Think they will be above average, two of the 4 are already allpro's... then there are a bunch of fill ins who will play different roles.. do not think BB will start the season with a substandard group..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down