Welcome to PatsFans.com

Poll: Clinton outperformed Bush

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, May 13, 2006.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +171 / 4 / -4

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/05/12/bush.clinton.poll/

Respondents favored Clinton by greater than 2-to-1 margins when asked who did a better job at handling the economy (63 percent Clinton, 26 percent Bush) and solving the problems of ordinary Americans (62 percent Clinton, 25 percent Bush).

On foreign affairs, the margin was 56 percent to 32 percent in Clinton's favor; on taxes, it was 51 percent to 35 percent for Clinton; and on handling natural disasters, it was 51 percent to 30 percent, also favoring Clinton.

Moreover, 59 percent said Bush has done more to divide the country, while only 27 percent said Clinton had.

When asked which man was more honest as president, poll respondents were more evenly divided, with the numbers -- 46 percent Clinton to 41 percent Bush -- falling within the poll's margin of error. The same was true for a question on handling national security: 46 percent said Clinton performed better; 42 percent picked Bush.
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +503 / 2 / -9

Clinton outperformed Bush in a few other things also :singing:
  3. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I've got to agree with you on that one!
  4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Wow.
    So Clinton out-performed Bush. That's like saying Michael Jordan outperformed my 7-year old daughter in basketball. Big deal.
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +244 / 9 / -26

Classic....
  6. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yep---when it comes to lying, pandering, and destroying the USA, Clinton sure did outperform Bush.
  7. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +244 / 9 / -26

Reverse the Bush and Clinton in your statement and you will not longer be a delusional liar...
  8. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Fraid not. Hi! I'm reality, have we met?
  9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Interchangeable...just like democrats and republicans.:bricks:
  10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +503 / 2 / -9

Bush is now waking up the fact that the American people don't want to be invaded by hordes of Illegal Aliens whose own country must be a filthy rotten hell hole to make them risk their lives trying to escape it.

Bush will address this situation Monday night, he is finally going to do something, he will be talking of putting the National Guard on the borders, he will be doing what the people want, WATCH THE B!TCHING WE GET FROM THE SORE LOSING DEMOCRATS.

If Bush discovered the Cure For Cancer tomorrow the sore losers would want him run out of town on a rail for doing it (the liberals would say he was offending somebody)
  11. Patters

Ratings:
    +171 / 4 / -4

Harry, keep betting on this loser. I can understand why you don't like the Democrats, but, really, what has Bush done for you?
  12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +503 / 2 / -9

I haven't been blown up :rocker:
  13. The Gr8est

The Gr8est Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Harry, I agree with you in a lot of cases (although you are definitely to the right of me), but Bush is engaging in damage control here. He does NOT want to control the border, he wants cheap labor for his friends and amnesty for the criminal crossers. Even though I voted for Bush in this last election I was most disturbed about statements he had made supporting amnesty. He wisely shut his mouth about it for several months before the election.
  14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +503 / 2 / -9

I have said many times that George Bush and I part company when it comes to Illegal Aliens.

I also 'Voted Bush' twice, and if Bush "Goes Down" and drags the party down with him all because of the Illegal Aliens then shame on him and them, they have no one to blame but themselves.
    They have danced, now it is time to pay the fiddler.

I still strongly support the War On Terror, we have seen what the enemy is willing to do and they are chomping at the bit to do it again, on this I think Bush is doing what is right.

On the border, Bush has made his bed now he must lie in it.
  15. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

As Aerosmith said, "Dream on!".:bricks:
  16. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +804 / 6 / -15

#87 Jersey

So I guess Americans are okay that 500,000 children died in Iraq under Clinton with the sanctions...even though Clinton and Albreit knew most WMD's did not exist.

I guess Americans are okay that an addition 500,000 children died after those...due to keeping the santions in place while Kuwait, Kurds and the U.N. lined their pockets.

Reason why I stopped posting here. To many posters who have knee jerk reactions to the stories of the day. History gets revised constantly to fit the arguments.

Like I've said in the past...Clinton was a foreign policy disaster and then we twice elected an idiot to clean up the mess. Neither Clinton or Bush should ever be acknowledged for anything good concerning foreign policy. They both have had a huge hand in protecting self-interests at the expense of honor and lives.
    Last edited: May 13, 2006
  17. Patters

Ratings:
    +171 / 4 / -4

I thought Clinton has a pragmatic foreign policy that furthered our economic aims and made small steps toward moving the international battlefield away from weapons towards economic battle. Clinton believed very much in integrating our economy more with the rest of the world, and to this day we are still getting dividends. That said, your point is well taken, but I think Clinton did some things because he had to contend with a conservative Congress. Failing to open relations with Cuba, maintaining strict sanctions against Iraq, and implementing Don't Ask/Don't Tell were pragmatic choices given the political reality. Clinton focused more on the battles he could win, like furthering our relations with China, Europe, as well as many South American and African countries.
  18. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Well put. You need to post here more often.
  19. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +244 / 9 / -26

FYI Bush cut 9200 border agents out of the '05 budget.... you reap what you sow, another flip flop by the great decider.... I for one will not watch the idiot on TV...thank god for cable and choice...