• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats
Bills
Jets
Fins

The Pats, although maybe not as easily without Rodney & Seymour. The schedule is much tougher now.

The real interesting part is second place. I think Buffalo could surprise some teams. I like Juaron as a coach.

Can't help but notice the lack of Auqa's input on this one.

Jets gave up 4.6 yards per carry last year to opponents. Guess what the Jets gave up in the preaseason per rush with the starters on the field? Thats right 4.6 per rush........the rush D is no better then last season. The OLINE is a disaster and Chad is well Chad. Going 8-8 would be a great season for the team in the ugly uniforms.

First of all that stat is inflated because they gave up some big runs against the vikings and maybe another vs the Giants. Now, those big gains were mostly due to missed tackles, which is better then missed assignments. However, the more important thing is that if the starters were to start the whole game all 4 games my guess from watching some of the preseason games is that that avg. would be MUCH lower.
The OL is a BIG problem but still not THAT bad as we only have one spot (LG) that needs serious improvement.
Chad is Chad, and Chad threw for over 300 yds TWICE against the Patriots and finished in the top 10 in the league in completion percentage, so I dont see you're point there.
Going 8-8 wouldn't be a great season, but it also wouldn't be horrible. My prediction stands at 10-6 if we stay healthy.

Last edited:
Well, you're wrong about Manginis "system". I dont know about the secondary's to be honest. Considering the Pats front 7 is biblically better than NY's, the Pats secondary has much less time to cover WR's than the Jets do.

I'm not sold on Revis at all. In college, he faced exactly ONE conference team that threw the ball (Louisville). He'll be good, but he's not going to be Champ Bailey.

I guess I'll ask you, overall, which roster would you rather have? The Patriots or the Jets?

I'm "wrong about Mangini's 'system'." Notice how he just puts that argument out without providing any factual evidence, or even made up evidence for that matter to back it up? :p

Anyway, I'd say the front 3 is biblically better then the Jets' but I would call the LB's about even.

Hey, I asked first, you answer first.:cool:

Last edited:
I'm with most of the folks on the board:

Pats
Bills
Jets
'fins

For me, the first choice is pretty easy... and I'm not just being a homer.

The second choice is harder...I'm just happy that more people have come 'round on the Bills... I was actually a little higher on them a few months back than I am now (their line is just not looking as good as I thought that it would although Lynch and Parrish (sp?) are looking better than I anticipated)... but I still think that they'll finish ahead of the Jets and 'Fins. I think that they'll be in the hunt for the sixth playoff spot but will ultimately miss the wildcard berth... and it's prob. going to be because of that o-line... although their front office has got to be questioned re: letting Walker get away... they could use the depth on their D line, for sure.

The Pats, although maybe not as easily without Rodney & Seymour. The schedule is much tougher now.

The real interesting part is second place. I think Buffalo could surprise some teams. I like Juaron as a coach.

Then you realize that their QB is JP lozman and that Jauron is in the same division as Mangini and Belly and has to face them both twice, lol.

Then you realize that their QB is JP lozman and that Jauron is in the same division as Mangini and Belly and has to face them both twice, lol.

Jauron is a better coach than Mangini. So it is Mangini that has to face Belichick and Jauron twice each.

This is the same JP Losman who in two games against your squad last year torched you for 485 yards, 3 TDs and a rushing TD?

This is the same JP Losman who ended the season with a higher passer rating, more TDs, and fewer INTs than your boy Chad?

Are we talking about the same player? How many knowledgable Jets fans (said while stifling a laugh) would pick Chad over Losman?

The Bills offensive line is dramatically better now than it was last season. In first-team pre-season play this year they gave up one sack in 45 passing attempts. Last season they gave up one sack for every 11 passing attempts. Pre-season, blah-blah-blah, but no matter how you look at it, that is an astounding improvement over last year's protection. Last year's pre-season numbers were a sack every 14.5 passing attempts, so I believe the positive trend.

The much maligned Bills defense gave up zero first quarter points in the preseason. Once again, pre-season blah-blah-blah, but that is still an indication that the Bills defense will not be nearly as bad as the drooling bobble-heads of ESPN predict. Overlook Buffalo's special teams at your own peril.

Last year the Bills lost five games by 3 points or less, against NE (2 points, almost stole the road opener), Indy (1 point), SD (3 points), Tenn (1 point), Det (3 points). Had they won two of those games they would have finished 9-7 and in the playoffs. They swept Miami, including a 21-0 embarassment. It is ludicrus to think that this team would perform worse than last year's team, especially since they've improved the offensive line and replaced the dancing McGahee with Marshawn Lynch. There will be some growing pains starting the youngest defense in the NFL, but in last season's opener they started five rookies on D and almost came away with a road win against the Pats.

The Bills will finish no worse than 10-6, and will easily grab second place in the AFCE, if not contend for the division chamionship :)D ).

The Jets season will be over by your week 10 bye.

I now return to the occasional drive-by and lurking every couple of weeks or so.

See you at the Harp.

Let's go Buffalo!

This is the same JP Losman who in two games against your squad last year torched you for 485 yards, 3 TDs and a rushing TD?

This is the same JP Losman who ended the season with a higher passer rating, more TDs, and fewer INTs than your boy Chad?

Are we talking about the same player? How many knowledgable Jets fans (said while stifling a laugh) would pick Chad over Losman?

The Bills offensive line is dramatically better now than it was last season. In first-team pre-season play this year they gave up one sack in 45 passing attempts. Last season they gave up one sack for every 11 passing attempts. Pre-season, blah-blah-blah, but no matter how you look at it, that is an astounding improvement over last year's protection. Last year's pre-season numbers were a sack every 14.5 passing attempts, so I believe the positive trend.

The much maligned Bills defense gave up zero first quarter points in the preseason. Once again, pre-season blah-blah-blah, but that is still an indication that the Bills defense will not be nearly as bad as the drooling bobble-heads of ESPN predict. Overlook Buffalo's special teams at your own peril.

Last year the Bills lost five games by 3 points or less, against NE (2 points, almost stole the road opener), Indy (1 point), SD (3 points), Tenn (1 point), Det (3 points). Had they won two of those games they would have finished 9-7 and in the playoffs. They swept Miami, including a 21-0 embarassment. It is ludicrus to think that this team would perform worse than last year's team, especially since they've improved the offensive line and replaced the dancing McGahee with Marshawn Lynch. There will be some growing pains starting the youngest defense in the NFL, but in last season's opener they started five rookies on D and almost came away with a road win against the Pats.

The Bills will finish no worse than 10-6, and will easily grab second place in the AFCE, if not contend for the division chamionship :)D ).

The Jets season will be over by your week 10 bye.

I now return to the occasional drive-by and lurking every couple of weeks or so.

See you at the Harp.

Let's go Buffalo!

First of all, is it possible for a troll to 'claim' a thread so trolls from different teams dont end up trolling each other?:p

Second of all, Losman's QB Rating was only SLIGHTLY better last year. Other then that Chad had more completions, a higher completion percentage, more yards, and a higher yards per game average then Losman, and it was a mediocre year for Pennington and a really good year for Losman. (see career #s--link below)

The only advantage Losman has over Pennington is that he's younger and has a better arm, other then that, I'd take Pennington any day.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5047/career;_ylt=AlNoJ5BXLVRKap8pNNnTl7L.uLYF
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6781

First of all, is it possible for a troll to 'claim' a thread so trolls from different teams dont end up trolling each other?:p

My favorite troll post ever.

Losman is a top 10 QB. Pennington is more like 15-20. Losman might take a lot of crap for years past, but it's not even a contest who the better QB is.

Losman is a top 10 QB. Pennington is more like 15-20. Losman might take a lot of crap for years past, but it's not even a contest who the better QB is.

And may I ask what you base that on??

The Bills will finish no worse than 10-6, and will easily grab second place in the AFCE, if not contend for the division chamionship :)D )

While I can't agree with your last statement, I do think the Bills end a respectable 9-7 or 10-6 and grab a wild card berth, though I still think the defense is too young to go far in the playoffs.

Losman was horrendous a couple years ago, but watching him last year I was hugely impressed with what I saw. The coaching staff in Buffalo has done a great job with him and he's really coming along nicely; there's no way I'd take Chad Pennington over him at this point, and I'd say he's definitely in the second tier of AFC passers after Brady, Manning, and Palmer, and on the fringe of the league's top 10. This year, I think, will be his breakout year, where he turns into much more of a household name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes