Welcome to PatsFans.com

Poll: 57% Disapprove of George Bush .. in Texas

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by mikey, Mar 17, 2007.

1. mikey

mikey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

2. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Some may say that this is due to his immigration policy or lack thereof.

3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +533 / 6 / -2

Yee-haw is not an immigration policy? Doh! GW stance on immigration can only be explained as one thing, mind-boggling. I'm very disappointed in his Amnesty stance. Immigration will be an important issue for me, and I think for voters, in 2008. What sucks is that none of the front runner have a spine on either side when it comes to this issue. They're all party over principle on this issue, so as to not alienate hispanic voters. The only people who have a principled, and sensible view on immigration are the people who have no chance. :(

4. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I like what Carlin has to say about it... "No more f**king presidents from Texas, OK?.... These people wanted to secede, I say let them."

5. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +564 / 8 / -8

Sure, in Texas. But it's not like the Republicans plan to carry Texas.

(Sort of ripped off from Spinal Tap... "Yeah we're cancelling Boston, but it's not a big college town.")

PFnV

6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I think it's that combined with the fact that Congress and anyone else running for national-level office is bought by the special interests that are these corporations who have money and a product that needs protection or needs the flow of cheap labor to continue so the product can continue to be produced or manned.

7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +367 / 11 / -27

Then throw in a situational raid on someone who is involved in production(New Bedford and Hormel) everyonce in a while, then it looks as though something is being done.. but unfortunately, the only thing being done is putting a tremendous drain on detention systems and child welfare systems who have to deal with the aftermath. In the absence of leadership and policy, chaos ensues.. what a weak willed man, cannot even deal with this issue, all eyes on Iraq & Iran.

8. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

BINGO!

Its a double edged sword. But anyone who claims that Bush is good for the working class in America is smoking something and needs to stop. The United Corporation of America is here to stay.

9. Seymour93

Seymour93 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Somewhat. Most people under the age of 40 have grown up with Mexicans so it's not a big deal. Perhaps Texans, like the rest of the country, are tired of the circus surrounding this administration.

10. Real World

Ratings:
    +533 / 6 / -2

Oh, don't get me wrong, illegal labor, which is cheap labor only to those people who hire them, as the taxpaying citizen foots the real bill, by subsidizing said labor cost via social services provided by the government through Joe T's tax dollars, is a big part of it. However, politicians would not upset the voting public on account of illegal labor, which could be easily subplaneted by a guest worker program. That's why the key reason is future votes.

11. Real World

Ratings:
    +533 / 6 / -2

That's a bunch of stupidity. We have 20 million, oh, sorry, 12 million illegals in this country. So by your logic we shouldn't raid, detain, or attempt to deport them since feelings might be hurt, or detention centers might be strained. Comical. I guess we should do the same with crime and criminals? Why arrest people for breaking the law since our prisons are overcrowded, and it costs money.

12. Real World

Ratings:
    +533 / 6 / -2

Agreed. In the end, it's the taxpayer, especially the middle class that gets bent over. The middle class is subisdizing both the lives of the illegal, and the lbaor force of the companies that hire them. It's why I get so upset by those appologists who support Amnesty. Amnesty is about nothing more than political satisfaction. It's complete lunacy. How anyone can say they are for the middle class when they support Amnesty is beyond me. It's why religion, like emotion has no place in government. How many hospitals have to close, how many classrooms have to become overcrowded, how much do crime rates have to rise, and how low are wages to be depressed before people wake up and realize that neither politcal party, save for some principled individuals, has AMERICAN'S best interests in mind?

13. Real World

Ratings:
    +533 / 6 / -2

Um, the deal isn't about Mexicans. It's about ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.