PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll 49 49..when does it end?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats726

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Seems like it's slipping again....

You know what I like about that link? All those articles are free. ESPN makes you pay to read them. Scoundrels.

Pats726 said:
Seems like it's slipping again....

Demographically speaking, the patterns seem to be that PP gains during East Coast working hours and that PF gains during the evening and overnight (EST) hours.

Could mean a few things:

1) PP is populated by shut-ins, truants and unemployed people on the East Coast

2) PF has more workers on the East Coast without office access to unlimted internet (unlike me who works from home and can multitask my fandom:)).

3) PF has more West Coast and International Pat fan presence.

(Hey! What am I doing typing all this when I can be voting? See ya!)

Is it that your browser won't open? I have that problem every once in a while. CLose the broweser and open up Ians link again. Hopefully it works.

NEM said:
They have forged ahead and I cant get in to vote, it is being blocked.

I think that someone over there has some sort of device that continually casts a vote (I have heard that devices like that DO exist) and while it is running, access to vote, for others, is being blocked.

I voted last night, over and over, and finally went to sleep...and we were way ahead, we had 60%...and now we are behind, so something is not right here....

We have many more members than they have,sojust on the basis of numbers, we should be ahead. I think Sineeds to cancel this vote and start again, with one vote per isp.

I doesn't look like the results are updated realtime, NEM.

Maybe once an hour.

If it is a war you want then a war you can give them. Its called Aarons clicker. Look it up and soon both sites will be disqualified. This will be like the doping scandal before the Tour de France.

I noticed this morning at work that I can't repeatedly vote like I could last night. Every time I "vote" it brings me to the results. Last night I just kept clicking "vote" and it would refresh. So now I have to keep going back and reclicking on the link to vote.

Good thing it is a quiet day in my office.

Why are we so concerned about this poll and PP? That's a great site just as this is. Really no point in getting competitive about it unless there's some benefit to "winning" and its certainly uncalled for to stereotype voters or accuse them of cheating. How do we know that votes for PF aren't being submitted automatically?

Let's keep a mature perspective about this. Those are Pats fans too, take out your aggression on Dolphins, Jets, Colts and Raider fans, or at least the idiotic ones.

The benefit is the winning site will be featured on the SI site.

I'm just speculating here but if the site is always on SI.COM's Pats page then it generates that much more viewership and members. The more people the easier it will be for Ian etal to sell ads thus making it easier for Ian to upgrade our site. Again just speculating but it seems worth it to try and win for that reason.

shmessy said:
Demographically speaking, the patterns seem to be that PP gains during East Coast working hours and that PF gains during the evening and overnight (EST) hours.

Could mean a few things:

1) PP is populated by shut-ins, truants and unemployed people on the East Coast
shmessy.......

you left out the congenital underachievers and the truly ungifted.

don't leave out the truly ungifted!

they have a lot of them over there

Attachments

• Mankins_1_PPav.jpg
    Mankins_1_PPav.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 47
Has anyone checked out there site to see if they've given any secrets away? I have to drum up some more votes.

PatsRI said:
Has anyone checked out there site to see if they've given any secrets away? I have to drum up some more votes.

I just checked out their site. They have a posted link to a thread here where we accuse of them of possibly cheating. LOL!!

Although, in the first few posts, they said they expect PatsFans to win.

in this moment we are 50% against 48%

but imho the system must be in 'tilt'...

good that i'm on holidays...so i can vote

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill