Welcome to PatsFans.com

Politically Speaking: If I were running Obama's campaign

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Lifer, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

I would come out strongly AGAINST the bailout.

1. The Democratic voters will vote for him no matter what anyway

2. The people will to the center and to the right will be astonished and amazed he out McCained McCain.

3. He will look very strong coming out against what looks like the rubber stamp position of his party, HE will look like the maverick.

He would win the election in a landslide. He should do this NOW and totally undermine McCain.

a deal will end up getting done, but Obama will stand out.

Just my take..if i were running things......
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +283 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

It's too late for that. I don't think the American people can understand the macro economics of the bailout but they can understand that if Obama were against it he would have been several days ago.

This is the Democrats and Bush (what a cute couple) against the Republicans.
  3. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

well if Bush thinks its a good idea that is a great reason to RUN, DO NOT WALK, RUN AWAY from it as fast as possible ;)
  4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +166 / 4 / -4

I wish he would come out strongly against the bailout, but neither he nor McCain want to take responsibility if the market then plummets 20%. Both of them are in a political bind, but so far the reviews have been that McCain is handling it like a nutcase while Obama is showing a steady hand.
  5. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

:yeahthat::agree:

My thought before I read you post. It's way to late for that now, he will be seen as holding up the process now. He needed to be against it yesterday, today is a day late and 700b short.
  6. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

As I understand it McCain is against it. Not that it matters as I don't see him not signing up for it either today or this weekend. He'll add one or two twists to the bill to get the house repubs on board and that will be that.

Obama got outmaneuvered. Didn't see what was happening in time to counter it. I also think he should have taken McCain up on his offer to move the debate. He lost some prep time and McCain is a good debater.
  7. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I kinda wish you WERE running Obam-uh-h's campaign.

;)

//
  8. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +166 / 4 / -4

I think the reviews of McCain by the MSM and even a few on the right are:
    - He said he was going to suspend his campaign; he didn't suspend his campaign
    - He said he wouldn't go to the debate if the issue wasn't resolved; it looks like he's going to the debates
    - He said he wanted to fire Paulson; he doesn't want to fire Paulson
    - He expressed support for the Paulson plan; he's not taking a stand
    - He and Bush orchestrated the White House show; McCain hardly spoke while Obama spoke for the Democrats
    - He not only failed to build a bridge to Democrats, but he failed to build a bridge to Republicans

If he got outmaneuvered, what did he get for it? Bad press?

I think Obama will do fine at the debate tonight, and he had no reason to postpone it especially since the Republicans were the ones who wanted it postponed and the overwhelming majority of Americans opposed the postponement. (I saw somewhere something like 3/4ths of Americans felt the debate should go on.)
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  9. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

so did you re-read what i posted in the other thread, or do you still think I called Jesus a Democrat?
  10. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +113 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

LOL, you probably have the first draft of your analysis aleady written
  11. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

"- He said he was going to suspend his campaign; he didn't suspend his campaign"
    By and large he did. Takes time to stop tv ads and everything associated with the election process. Most will view it this way.

"- He said he wouldn't go to the debate if the issue wasn't resolved; it looks like he's going to the debates"
    McCain’s campaign has said the Republican wouldn’t participate in the Mississippi debate Friday unless there was a consensus on the financial crisis. Lets not twist things. I heard him say this yesterday.

"- He said he wanted to fire Paulson; he doesn't want to fire Paulson"
    First I heard of this.

"- He expressed support for the Paulson plan; he's not taking a stand"
    I think he learned what was included in the plan "the revised Paulson plan" and there are things in it he does not like. Discussed in another thread.

"- He and Bush orchestrated the White House show; McCain hardly spoke while Obama spoke for the Democrats"
    Yes, agreed.

"- He not only failed to build a bridge to Democrats, but he failed to build a bridge to Republicans"
    Lets see how it ends up. I have a feeling he will do just that.
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  12. Mogamedogz

Mogamedogz Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

As of last night McCain had not taken a stated position. Has that changed since? (Link?) :confused:

It was also widely reported that McCain barely spoke in the meeting yesterday afternoon, while Obama pressed the administration for specific details (which they couldn't provide).

As of right now, neither candidate has taken a firm position on the issue. But Obama has undoubtedly come across as the one most interested in finding a (bi-partisan) solution.
  13. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I didn't say he took that stance as of last night.
    Sorry, no link. Just what I saw watching TV last night/this morning. I didn't sleep last night so I flipped chans all night. Not sure when I saw it but McCain was leaning more towards the House Repubs plan of insuring the toxic bad loans vs the full bail out. Details were not all that clear.
  14. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I've seen a lot of your posts and I wish you were running his campaign.
  15. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

They can't walk away from it it is a mess the dems created. Also they was put in place provisions to help get hyndred of billions to ACORN to fund their vote stealing campaigns for years to come. They won't let go of this kind of windfall for their front org.