PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Political cpmments in the football forums

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Can something please be done to keep comments like this out of the football forums?

Intelligence is vastly overrated. Nancy Pelosi has the I.Q. of a grape, and she's the Speaker Of The House.

There's really no reason for stuff like this, which, last I checked, will anger at least some members of this forum. [I thought about making a snide comment about George W. Bush, but decided it would only compound the problem.]

Co-sign. If I want politics, I'll go to the political forum.

Can something please be done to keep comments like this out of the football forums?

There's really no reason for stuff like this, which, last I checked, will anger at least some members of this forum. [I thought about making a snide comment about George W. Bush, but decided it would only compound the problem.]
I agree as a regular member of the "Sewer" aka the poly forum that political comments should be kept in the political forum.

Just remember it works both ways. There's a certain Liberal who likes to interject politics on occasion to the main board too.

Just remember it works both ways. There's a certain Liberal who likes to interject politics on occasion to the main board too.

I have no problem with deleting ALL such comments, even ones I agree with.

Agreed. This kind of stuff is a big part of the reason I left Patriots Planet. (CT - you did the right thing by not firing back; I learned that lesson the hard way.)

I have no problem with deleting ALL such comments, even ones I agree with.

:ditto: :agree:

Throwing your politics into a football/Pats discussion isn't a great idea no matter what side of the coin you favor.

Last edited:
Throwing your politics into a football/Pats discussion isn't a great idea no matter what side of the coin you favor.

There were some guys on the Planet who would just disappear from the board, and when one of us would ask what happened to them, you'd find out they were posting almost exclusively in the "Political Playground". Why would you go to an NFL team site to discuss politics???

Please PM me and let me know who the offender was.

There were some guys on the Planet who would just disappear from the board, and when one of us would ask what happened to them, you'd find out they were posting almost exclusively in the "Political Playground". Why would you go to an NFL team site to discuss politics???

That's happened here as well.

You can also use the report post function. Just click on the triangle to the left of the post and we'll remove it or move it. Just be sure to put the person's name or the post # in the report. It makes it easier to locate.

That's happened here as well.

Ok, but... so?

People (especially bettors) sometimes join to keep a finger on the pulse of other teams around the league and don't necessarily post about the Patriots every day. You have to sift through the junk, but there is valuable around-the-league information on fan forums like this.

Conversely, some of the subforums are better for diverse interaction.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back