Welcome to PatsFans.com

Political audacity - Jeff Perry

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by wistahpatsfan, Oct 23, 2010.

1. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Jeff Perry was a complete dirtbag when he was a cop. His life will be defined by the events in the bog when his fellow perverted felon buddy Scott Flannagan sexually assaulted a 14 year-old girl in 1991. His final legacy may be something else, but in his mind, Perry knows what happened and how he failed to intervene in the sexual assault of a girl when he could have and should have.

A woman illegally strip-searched in Wareham when she was 14 says Congressional candidate Jeff Perry, then a police sergeant, did nothing to help her.

Perry, a Republican running in the 10th District, wasn’t charged in the 1991 incident, but an officer he supervised, Scott Flanagan, pleaded guilty to indecent assault.

In a statement released Wednesday by her lawyer, Lisa Allen said Perry was nearby when Flanagan searched her, and must have heard her screaming. The Associated Press does not generally identify victims of sexual assault, but Allen’s lawyer, Howard Friedman, said she gave permission for her name to be used.

Perry said Wednesday that what happened to Allen was wrong and called Flanagan’s actions “despicable and a betrayal.” He didn’t respond to Allen’s allegation that he didn’t help her.

Strip Search Victim: Jeff Perry Ignored Cries For Help WBZ AM

For more links:

Google

Here's the worst part: Instead of shunning him at MINIMUM, his supporters continue to remain connected to him for - what- political expediency? Philosophical similarities? Fear of dissing a cop?

A friend of mine -Democrat party hardcore as long as I have known him, but we're friends anyways- who lives in that district is a cop. He came to my house a couple of days ago and had a Perry sticker on his Yukon just next to his "thin blue line" sticker. I asked him if he knew Perry and he said he had met him once or twice but never worked with him. I asked if he had heard about the allegations and his response was, "I'm nervous about that, but I have to let the truth sort out. I'm a cop and I support my brothers until I'm convinced otherwise". I asked about the party and he said, "I know, but the brotherhood trumps that" "Really?" I asked. "Really" he said. I said "What if that 14 year-old was my daughter?" He replied, "I'd blow his freaking brains out and go to jail."

Friendship intact and I learn something. Interesting day.
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

Usually opposite(illegal) sex strip searches lead to huge cash settlements in court.. not sure what happened here.

When I worked in corrections, strip searches were always considered as a potentially liabelous situation and great care was taken to live within the letter of the law and in accordance with policy...

In this or any situation whereby something like this occurs and you do not report it, you are complicit and an accessory.
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I'm guessing the thin blue line held intact.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

Priests, Doctors & Cops, no matter how bad the incident in some cases right up the line to Murder, hardly ever will they Blow The Whistle on each other.

I agree with you Whista, were it my daughter or wife I would find some way to cripple the bastard for life, killing him is to quick and easy, something should be done to him to remind him of it for every day of his life.

It will be a disgrace if this rat gets elected.
  5. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

This guy shouldn't be in congress.
  6. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

7. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +350 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Why not? He's for smaller government, less spending and lower taxes. You've already told us, re: Christine O'Donnell and Joe Miller threads, that nothing else matters.

So, does it matter or does it not matter? Or are you simply verifying that you're a hypocrite?

New England Patriots Forums - PatsFans.com Patriots Fan Messageboard

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...-christine-odonnell-satanist.html#post2231302
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  8. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

I can't help with you inability to judge the relative importance of different accusations or you application fo double standards for dems and pubbies.

You only seem to attempt to play at pathetic gotchas, does this reflect not being able to argue issues?
  9. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Is it just me, or are liberals this year showing how desperate they are to talk about anything and everything besides, well, like, you know, the issues?
  10. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's the Dilbert rules of arguing on the internet:

1. Turn someone’s generality into an absolute. For example, if someone makes a general statement that Americans celebrate Christmas, point out that some people are Jewish and so anyone who thinks that ALL Americans celebrate Christmas is stupid. (Bonus points for accusing the person of being anti-Semitic.)

If you say "hey I don't care what Christine O'Donnell did 20 years ago" then some self righteous moonbat has to interpret that to mean you don't care about anything that anybody may have done 20 years ago and, as you point out, play at pathetic gotchas.
  11. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +350 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

So let's see - the allegations against Jeff Perry (standing by during an improper strip search) are unproven, the allegations against Christine O'Donnell (using campaign funds illegally) are admitted to by the candidate herself, the allegations against Joe Miller (using official government equipment for private usage) were proven and he was reprimanded for it and you think I've got an inability to judge the importance of different accusations?

In all the times you've said that a candidate's past history does not matter so long as he/she is going to lower taxes and/or shrink government have you ever once said, "depending on the charges?"

Please, tell us why you think the allegations against Jeff Perry (which he's denied and which he has not been formally charged with) are so much truer than the charges against Joe Miller and Christine O'Donnell are - especially in light of the fact that Joe and Christine have admitted their guilt and Jeff Perry has not?

If Clarence Thomas was a victim of a " lying piece of crap douchebag " why not Jeff Perry? It's the same he said/she said thing, isn't it?

Disclaimer: I am not sticking up for Jeff Perry here. I believe he's just as guilty as I believe Clarence Thomas was - I'm just curious as to how 13 can defend one and not the other.