Welcome to PatsFans.com

Police Kill Teen Carrying a Bible

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +681 / 7 / -2

Just curious. What would reaction be accross the globe if this kid was carrying a Quran and was yelling "I want Allah"?

Police Stun Gun Kills Teen With Bible

Oct 31 8:42 AM US/Eastern

A teenager carrying a Bible and shouting "I want Jesus" was shot twice with a police stun gun and later died at a St. Louis hospital, authorities said.
    In a statement obtained Tuesday by The Associated Press, police in Jerseyville, about 40 miles north of St. Louis, said 17-year-old Roger Holyfield would not acknowledge officers who approached him and he continued yelling, "I want Jesus."

Police tried to calm the teen, but Holyfield became combative, according to the statement. Officers fired the stun gun at him after he ignored their warnings, then fired again when he continued struggling, police said.

Holyfield was flown to St. Louis' Cardinal Glennon Hospital after the confrontation Saturday; he died there Sunday, police said.

An autopsy was planned for Tuesday.

The statement expressed sympathy to Holyfield's family but said city and police officials would not discuss the matter further.

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +835 / 2 / -9

If this was a Muslim kid screaming for Allah, most dip sh!t looney politically correct Bush Hating do-gooding liberals in America would have all set themselves on fire screaming about the constitution, civil liberties, freedom of speech and want the patriot act destroyed and the cops involved would go to prison.

Auntie Pelosi would vomit as she said she did when she saw the "Dog Leash Photo"

You won't hear a peep out of these double standard whacko looneys on this one, Trashing Jesus is a favorite passtime for the American Liberal Democrat.

3. Turk

Turk Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

It happens quite a bit (in countries with a large(r) Muslim population) and is no different than what has transpired here.

A nut job gets treated the only way there is for an unruly nut job to be treated no matter if he is asking for Christ, Mohammed, Angelina Jolie or NEM.

So, the answer to your question is that the reaction across the globe would have been no different if it had been a Muslim, Christian, Jewish, Hare Krishna or whatever else nut job.

4. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

But I thought liberals also hate law and order and will enjoy the chance to go after some fine, decent cops.

5. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +365 / 15 / -13

If your question is, How would the rest of the world react if our police had killed a Quran carrying Muslim, instead of a Bible carrying Christian, I think it would play as news. That's just the way it is. Surely, you've occasionally read about Christian missionaries or nuns getting killed in foreign lands, and it becomes a big news story here. There's a part of human nature that seems bent on reating enemies, and it's exemplified in this forum.

6. Real World

Ratings:
    +681 / 7 / -2

I think you misunderstand the question I ask. I'm not talking about what reaction would be like in the States, I'm asking how muslims, and even anti-americanists, accross the world would react. If cartoons resulted in global rioting, and the killing of innocents, what would the killing of a Quran carrying 17 teen year old screaming "I want Allah" cause?

7. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Is it possible for you to post something without calling someone who isn't on your side of the political spectrum a name? Its really doesn't help in making a point. Its insulting to the rest of the conservatives.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2006
  8. Real World

Ratings:
    +681 / 7 / -2

[​IMG]

Reality Alert! Reality Alert!

Muslim cartoon fury claims lives

[​IMG]
    The Danish embassy in Tehran was the scene of angry protests

At least five people have been killed in Afghanistan as protests against European cartoons mocking the Prophet Muhammad swept across the country. Meanwhile in Somalia, a teenage boy died after protesters attacked police.

Iran announced it was halting trade with Denmark, as protesters pelted the Danish embassy with petrol bombs.

Police fired tear gas in a bid to keep back hundreds of angry demonstrators, some of whom attempted to scale the wall into the embassy compound. Earlier, the Austrian embassy in Tehran came under attack.

The violence follows attacks on Danish embassies in Syria and Lebanon over the weekend. The cartoons were first published in a Danish newspaper.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4684652.stm

So Patters feels that American cops killing a 17 year old muslim kid carrying a Quran, and yelling "Allah is great!" would be, well...news....in the muslim world.

:rofl:

Anyone else want to opine?

9. Turk

Turk Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I did not misunderstand the question.
    What I am saying is that in Muslim Countries, the very same thing happens all the time as well, with nut jobs asking for Allah or Mohammed or whatever and they get the same treatment as their fellow nut jobs in the USA, asking for Jesus or Moses or whatever.
    Now, if your question is if some other nut job over there would think that the infidel American Police killed this kid just because he was a poor Muslim, I would imagine a few would. Just like a few nut jobs in the USA right now probably think that about this kid because he was just a Christian believer.
    If you are insinuating that this would cause riots, I hardly think so.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2006