Welcome to PatsFans.com

Police in California fearing a breakout of riots if Obama loses

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PATRIOT64, Nov 3, 2008.

1. PATRIOT64

PATRIOT64 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I could see some riots in certain areas if Obama loses although I don't worry about a widespread thing but you never know what will happen if the unexpected happens and Obama loses

But I think Obama wins and fairly easily today ....
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  2. Watson's IQ

Watson's IQ Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

I wonder what the mood on the other side will look like should the much more likely come to pass and McCain loses. I don't mean the rank and file Republicans, but the wingnuts who shout "kill him", etc at rallies.
  3. PATRIOT64

PATRIOT64 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I really think we lose no matter who wins this election because I think both candidates don't have enough going for them to change this country and either is strong enough to make things happen any time soon after the inauguration.

I do think its not fair to judge or dislike Obama because of his color and death threats that may occur down the road from haters of his race which should have been long gone centuries ago.

Either you think he has leadership as a man to run this country or not but judge the man by his credientials,not his skin and this world will be a better place,especially if he can do things to this Country that the Bush administration could not.

Right now I am not convinced Obama can do great things nor can I say McCain is any better but we can hope for the best,can't we? - Just like the hope we have in this NFL season for our Pats we need hope for the future of the USA
  4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +438 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I think it's safe to say there will be a lot less violence and unrest if Obama wins. Might there be one freak who tries to shoot at him ? Maybe, probably not. But riots ? Nah, that's more the mentality of Democrats.
  5. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

when was the last time democrats rioted?
  6. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +438 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I think the Democrat base has rioted a few times. Not over an election but over "racial issues" which an Obama loss would be thought to be.
  7. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

In a related story:

If McCain wins a bunch of retirement home security guards are bracing for a run on the bingo money boxes throughout the many 'activity rooms' on the gulf coast side of the state of Florida.
  8. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +53 / 14 / -9

The Los Angeles riots of 1992, also known as the Rodney King uprising or the Rodney King riots, were sparked on April 29, 1992 when a jury acquitted four police officers accused in the videotaped beating of black motorist Rodney King following a high-speed pursuit. Thousands of people in the Los Angeles area rioted over the six days following the verdict. Widespread looting, assault, arson, and murder occurred, and property damages totaled one billion dollars. Many of the crimes were gang-motivated or perpetrated. In all, 53 people died during the riots

They were all democrats. They just did not call themself democrats.
  9. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +438 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Certainly 99% of those who are still alive who rioted that day will be voting for Obama if they vote.
  10. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

LOL. They were also Californians and Americans and mostly men. Would you say "men like to riot?" or "Rioting is a California mindset?"

I love the shaky logic that's used when you want to make an absurd generalization.
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2008
  11. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +438 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

This isn't a thread about police fearing riots if McCain wins. A part of the population which is more likely to riot is largely Democrat. It's just how it is.
  12. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +72 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

You need to gt out of hanson once in your life,besides going to the Cape or North Shore.
  13. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I think 100% of Californians will be sending their electoral votes to Obama. Why would WE riot if we did all we could to give him all of california's 55 electoral votes?

You should be more concerned with purged voter lists in swing states and people who want to vote, not being able to do so. Cali will be fine.
  14. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

well then, the same racist portion of Republicans must speak for all Republicans. It's just how it is.
  15. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +438 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Don't remind me about how the electoral college disenfranchises me. It makes the election a sham. That doesn't mean they can't riot if the rest of the country doesn't election The Chosen One.
  16. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +438 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

No-one here has said all Democrats riot - just that most rioters are Democrats.
  17. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

I'm surprised at your first sentence, and I agree with it. Still trying to decipher the triple negative in your second sentence though.
  18. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

first, you make the assumption that the rodney king rioters have voted, seems foolish. Second, you are selectively choosing how to characterize them using an irrelevant criteria. All in all I'd say that that comment is about as useless as me saying "most KKK members are republican."
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2008
  19. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +438 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Well I think we disagree about whether blacks (or other minority races) are racist for voting for their guy based largely on color. I know Dems get 90% of the black vote anyway but this 98% thing is crazy and clearly there's a lot of votes "for the man of their color".
  20. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +438 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Most of them are probably dead or in jail. But for those who vote I bet it's almost unanimous for The Chosen One.