Welcome to PatsFans.com

Polian whining again...

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by SWelker, Jan 16, 2007.

1. SWelker

SWelker Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

"When you have blitzing teams and you allow that downfield stuff, such as what happened to Reggie Wayne, you’re going to limit offense. That’s the net of it. You encourage the power-running game, you discourage the passing game ... That’s not good, when the best teams play that way. That’s not good for the health of the game."

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=4551
  2. zippo59

zippo59 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Will he ever just shut the **** up?
  3. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The league was founded on smashmouth football.
  4. Brownfan80

Brownfan80 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I would hate to be the fan of a team that was owned by such a sissy.
  5. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +283 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

I hope we get a set of refs that will let BOTH teams play. It's been really nice so far in the playoffs seeing a little downfield bumping without a 40 yard PI flag being thrown all the time.
  6. Oswlek

Oswlek Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Totall agree Bill. There is no way the league could survive a focus on power-running.

Wait a minute.....

Isn't your team one of the worst power running teams in the league? That couldn't have anything to do with your reasoning could it?
  7. DefenseRules

DefenseRules Rookie

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

What the HELL is he talking about? :confused:
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2007
  8. cblesz

cblesz Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Polian is such a *****. here he goes, trying to plant the seed in the ref's heads...watch downfield boys. What a tool! God, I hope we blow them out...
  9. dtbrks

dtbrks Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What a tool :bricks:
  10. CTPatsFan

CTPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

The man is a female genitalia.
  11. NovaScotiaPatsFan

NovaScotiaPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I'm very very shocked that you guys are suprised by this. Bill Polian makes Shawne Merriman look classy.
  12. scooter481

scooter481 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

that would be good. but realistically, that is pass interference.
  13. cblesz

cblesz Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Wait a second. Is he doing a promotional ad for the Arena Football League...and isn't it a slap in the face to the Ravens?
  14. unoriginal

unoriginal Rookie

Ratings:
    +42 / 2 / -1

For those of you unversed in Polianspeak, "that downfield stuff" is commonly refered to as coverage.
  15. PatsRI

PatsRI PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

2 questions:

1 was the reporter on his knees while asking the questions. 2 times about the ticket issue.
    2 what was Polian talking about "...would sell their playoff tickets to Spike Lee and people of that nature" Now I dislike Spike Lee because he's a Knicks fan but....
  16. Flying Fungi

Flying Fungi Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I think he meant 'talent-less Hollywood types' like Ben Affleck...
  17. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +479 / 5 / -1

Why doesn't he say that the league is become a league that slows down his offense and if the Colts aren't the best offense in the league, it isn't good for the league. That is what he really wants to say.

I hate Polian with a passion. He thinks the world revolves around him and the Colts.

Doesn't he realize that the league bends over backwards to make it easier for pass happy teams like the Colts to be successful. If he wants a league that is all passing and no defense, move the Colts to the Arena Football League. What do their ratings look again?

Funny, the Chargers are a running team who are blitz happy and I find them pretty exciting to watch.
  18. cstjohn17

cstjohn17 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +34 / 11 / -4

#54 Jersey

I have a lot of respect for Manning, he is right behind Brady for best QB of this generation. When he is on his game it is a joy to watch (please don't let it happen this week). Dungy seems like a decent fellow but Polian is an a--hole.

I don't know who I hate more Polian or Archie Manning... I will get back to you...

Polian is already putting not so subtle pressure on the referees, what a pompous jack-ss. I have never heard him in any interview where he did not mention he was part of the "rules committee". What happened to old time football?

Unbelievable.

"The Competition Committee, I know, will talk about it. Ozzie Newsome, the Ravens’ general manager, and myself are two members of the Competition Committee. Anytime you get a game that’s totally field goals, and especially in the playoffs when you do, without question, have the four best teams in the AFC left on that particular weekend, you ought to have more scoring than that. Again, I think it’s something we have to look hard at"
  19. BigEZPatsFan76

BigEZPatsFan76 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

You know, I think it was John Madden, who may have said this a while back. No matter how good or "state of the art" offenses ever get in the NFL, at some point the defenses learn to adjust and catch up to them. At that point, they have to "change the game" or rules per se to help the offenses.

To be honest with you, the biggest thing that worries me this week is fatigue. After an emotional win against the Chargers, one has to wonder how drained the team may be, and how much energy they have exerted in that win. But, next to that, I fear that if we are somehow getting the better of them in this game, I fear a lot of ticky tacky yellow flags will be flying against us (especially if we make big stops on 3rd downs.)

EZ76
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2007
  20. zippo59

zippo59 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

It's like he's slowly but surely killing the game of football as we know it.