PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Polian: "The Patriots' time is over."

Status
Not open for further replies.
skirmisher,
This isn't about the Colt fans and players. It's just about Polian. As far as not believing he said this and asking for a source, it's the print edition of Patriots Football Weekly. If you go to Patriots.com and buy a subscription you can access the material, although I doubt this week's edition will be up until next week, and I can't promise the article "Opposing View" will be posted there. It's subscriber only, so you can't post a link. You can still love your team and acknowledge that Polian is an a-hole. He has shown a pattern of making outrageously inflammatory comments, such as exhorting the team to "Break Flutie's leg" from the press box et. al. I know you want to doubt this, but unless the reporter is lying, which i see no reason for, I take this at face value, doubly so because Polian is the source. As far as the excuse, "technically their time has passed until next September", I think we both know that's not what he meant. He meant that one "football" era had passed, and another was beginning.

Pony -
Do you have a scanner? Scan the article and post it..... That would shut these nimrods up.

Pony -
Do you have a scanner? Scan the article and post it..... That would shut these nimrods up.

I wish I could, DB. I cleaned out that shelf a few months ago. If any one else still has the January 24, 2007 edition of Patriots Football Weekly, Volume 12, Bonus 3, Page 20 under "Opposing View" is where the quote can be found. If someone could scan it, or access the PFW archives, that would be great. It's amazing how Colt fans want to deny that Polian said what they all really think. I guess his notorious poor sportsmanship goes against their belief that they root for the "classy" "good guys". The truth is, if ever a team should have gone all eternity without a SB victory, it was the team owned by the infamous Irsays. All the talk of God and Holiness they foisted on us at the victory podium didn't mean much to the kids of Baltimore from 1982-1995. But hey, never let greed get in the way of a good story.

What difference does it make??
THere is a forum set aside for members of other teams to post in, and it is a little childish to pretend you are a Pats fan when you are not. If you're ashamed of your team, fine. If not, just put on your big-girl dress and say it out loud.

THere is a forum set aside for members of other teams to post in, and it is a little childish to pretend you are a Pats fan when you are not. If you're ashamed of your team, fine. If not, just put on your big-girl dress and say it out loud.
When did I pretend I was a Pats fan? Far as I know, I am allowed to post here OR in the visitor forum. I do notice many opposing fans who post on your main board.

As far as Polian goes, as stated in another thread, KUDOS for saying what he said, but I never heard the report in the first place. Seems like much ado about nothing. Certainly he is free to express his thoughts and opinions, and as stated, he's always been very respectful of the Pats Organization, at least publicly. Privately, who knows? Who cares?

Recently watched Peyton on Letterman of a few years back. Know what he said about the losses in the playoffs to the Pats? That the Colts just lost to a better team. Now, privately, does it still get in his craw? I'm sure it does, albeit not quite as much I'd guess, given his last three performances against your squad.

Two of his greatest games he has played are against the Patsies. Last year in Foxboro he was simply awesome, standing up to the pressure and delivering. Then follows it up with a gutty 2nd half CG performance. Some have gained more appreciation of him, some still don't get it.

P.S.

At least Polian never gets caught in the NATIONAL spotlight, say, picking his nose!

Last edited:
Know what he said about the losses in the playoffs to the Pats? That the Colts just lost to a better team.

If that's so then it contradicts his comments before the SB in which he claimed the Colts thought they were better than the teams they lost to in the playoffs in years past.

As for Polian's statement, I'd be surprised if it wasn't true. Too bad for this guy that he will have to live with someone saying "The Colts' time is over" in the near future :D

Oh, for God's sake. Let it go guys. The damn guys lost a bunch of starters and quality backups this year, and they'd be in the "hot seat" to start with, if it weren't that the damn media declared us the team to beat rather than them.

Let them win 4 or 5 straight... they'll have plenty to deal with other than what a jackass Polian can be.

This will get resolved just fine on the field.

PFnV

If that's so then it contradicts his comments before the SB in which he claimed the Colts thought they were better than the teams they lost to in the playoffs in years past.

As for Polian's statement, I'd be surprised if it wasn't true. Too bad for this guy that he will have to live with someone saying "The Colts' time is over" in the near future :D

Well, actually, the SB comments would contradict the earlier statements. IMO, he MIGHT have been referring to the Steelers of a year ago. ONE SB run that truely got away, but things happen for a reason, had they won a year prior, perhaps things do not unfold as they did in '06, and you could not script a better ending than '06.

ONE SB run that truely got away, but things happen for a reason, had they won a year prior, perhaps things do not unfold as they did in '06, and you could not script a better ending than '06.

2003 and 2004 were much better IMO :D and 2007 will prove that '06 was the exception to the rule.

Still trying to find the link to this

"The Patriots Time Is Over"

wrong again

how'd you guys like manning's latest priceless pep talk?

bummed that football season's over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye