PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Polian says 18 game season "a done deal"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop being holier than thou. I am as much a fan as you are, and I don't think the level of play will go down, especially if they institute the changes that are being spoken of. If you are that concerned, just push for a 2 game season with playoffs, and while you are at it, make just 2 teams, there you go, best quality players best quality games. Woohoo.

It certainly seems to me an inordinate amount of injuries occur during preseason. Players are being asked to go all out to win spots, going against players who's only chance to stick is to make that incredible hit or block. They are also asked to do things they usually wouldn't be asked to do during the regular season.

How good will football be in February in the north? Sounds damn good to me.
Good for you that you do NOT think the level of play will go down...Maybe you would never notice that..given how you miss the points I have made...Quantity over quality NEVER works...it makes what is good pale...Players being asked to to do things they would not be asked to do during a season?? Really??? LOL.......
While your at it why don't we make it a thirty game season??? You;d LOVE that!!!! Is that damn good???

If the 18 game season goes through and they add another bye for each team that means they have to add 3 weeks to the season right? If that is the case I would want it to be 2 weeks added at the start of the season - meaning a late August game and a game Labor Day weekend - and one week at the end of the season. That leads to the only thing I care about: Super Bowl Sunday being the day before Presidents Day meaning the day after is a holiday! Give me the day after the Super Bowl off from work and I will go along with whatever Goodell wants.

I am not nuts about the late August game, but a Super Bowl with the next day off is pretty damn sweet.

So, bye weeks. Which makes more sense? Bye's evenly spaced or two consecutive weeks off? I am just throwing that out there for discussion, I doubt the league would do two weeks in a row byes. Aothough, they did used to have teams have bye weeks in Week 1.

Seems like a complicated change with a lot of unanswered questions to be pushing as a done deal.

Will IR status require people to be out for all 18 games?
How will this affect HOF records? Will it be perceived as disrespectful?
Will there be further changes to rules to help prevent injuries/protect players?
With team depth obviously more of a factor, will there be changes to the roster rules?

I don't know, the list goes one and on with tons of issues I'm sure I won't even think of. While it might be fun for the fans to have a longer season to watch and it might further fatten an already obese industry, this change would have a far reaching impact that I'm not convinced the league itself is prepared for.

As Moosekill noted this post is more pompous that factual. There is no evidence that injuries occur more frequently at the end of the season than in the beginning. You make it sound like they would be playing 2 full games more, when it just isn't the case.

There is so much misinformation on this, its ridiculous, after 5 pages of discussion, 2 posters after yours still think that they would be adding 2 more weeks to the season.

Like I said from the top. For most players, the increase in snaps per game would be
MARGINAL. For most the increase in roster sizes would mitigate some of the snaps they have to take now.

So get off your high horse, I'm a "real football fan". You ar
e entitled to your opinion, but your presentation was simple BS.
Hey clown...you know BS because THAT is all you have spouted.. CRAP..CRAP and more CRAP!!!! None of it close to the truth...what is ridiculous are phony fans....who have NO interest in the game overall...just wishing to get MORE Sunday football fixes...
AND as typical phony fans are concerned you FAIL to address the issue of evaluation and development of players that will be lost in two preseason games.. typical of the myopic so called fan.

Last edited:
Hey clown...you know BS because THAT is all you have spouted.. CRAP..CRAP and more CRAP!!!! None of it close to the truth...what is ridiculous are phony fans....who have NO interest in the game overall...just wishing to get MORE Sunday football fixes...

Wonderfully reasoned retort there :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey