PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poison Pill and the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keegs

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I have a question about the PFT report on the poison pill and the pats. I am completely confused by this part:
If the Pats don't use the poison pill, and if the Fins match the deal, look for the NFLPA to cry foul. Why? Because there was a specific effort by the league and the union to negotiate the poison pill out of the CBA after last year's tit-for-tat involving the Vikings and the Seahawks. But an impasse was reached, and the device is still on the books.

So if the teams choose not to use it, the union will be able to claim collusion or other unfair labor practices.

what the hell does that mean?
If we don't use the poison pill and go by the book and the Fins match it's collusion? WTF?

Also, Any bets that if the pats use this poison pill this year it will soon be outlawed??

I WILL BET ALL THE MONEY I HAVE THAT WITHIN 1 YEAR ITLL BE OUTLAWED IF THE PATS USE IT.

bumpzilla....

The Union wants the poison pill. It promotes player movement.

Because of that, the Union could always claim collusion if teams have a wink-nod agreement not to use it.

your guess is as good as mine. Im confused.

I WILL BET ALL THE MONEY I HAVE THAT WITHIN 1 YEAR ITLL BE OUTLAWED IF THE PATS USE IT.

It would have to be negotiated out of the CBA. So you better protect your piggy bank...

The Union wants the poison pill. It promotes player movement.

Because of that, the Union could always claim collusion if teams have a wink-nod agreement not to use it.

i think it sucks that this garbage is actually supported.

the whole idea behind it just sucks...

I guess im an idiot, i had no idea that there was an actual group supporting it.

I have a question about the PFT report on the poison pill and the pats. I am completely confused by this part:
If the Pats don't use the poison pill, and if the Fins match the deal, look for the NFLPA to cry foul. Why? Because there was a specific effort by the league and the union to negotiate the poison pill out of the CBA after last year's tit-for-tat involving the Vikings and the Seahawks. But an impasse was reached, and the device is still on the books.

So if the teams choose not to use it, the union will be able to claim collusion or other unfair labor practices.

what the hell does that mean?
If we don't use the poison pill and go by the book and the Fins match it's collusion? WTF?

Also, Any bets that if the pats use this poison pill this year it will soon be outlawed??

Keegs I'm not sure why you created another thread for an existing topic:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=51794

There are so many repeat thread it's crazy.

Keegs I'm not sure why you created another thread for an existing topic:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=51794

There are so many repeat thread it's crazy.

yeah well i did b/c it's different than the other thread and i felt like this would give it the best chance to be answered.

This thread is about why it makes no sense and how if the pats did use the poison pill, it would be shortly abolished. and i believe that.

yeah well i did b/c it's different than the other thread and i felt like this would give it the best chance to be answered.

This thread is about why it makes no sense and how if the pats did use the poison pill, it would be shortly abolished. and i believe that.

so it's Patriots against the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye