PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Points of Interest in today's NY Daily News for Pats fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm surprised that rex thinks that mccourty is revis-like.

He didn't mean to say that; I believe the back-pedal.

However, I also believe him when he says clearly that Wilson wasn't far ahead of McCourty on the Jets' draft board. Indeed, I'm guessing that it was the other way around, and McCourty was a little ahead of Wilson (all he said is that the two were very close and that they loved McCourty, and I believe both halves of that, except that a McCourty > Wilson gap could conceivably have been bigger than for obvious reasons he'd now admit).

Not a big deal -- the quick-hit draft wizards who slammed the Patriots for McCourty > Wilson and should eat crow for that were served crow anyway after McCourty played competently in Game 1.

Honestly I think the pick that everyone was whining about back in April (McCourty) will be the pick that everyone will be loving for years to come. If we didn't get a corner high up in the draft we would be looking extremely weak in the secondary now without Bodden.

Honestly I think the pick that everyone was whining about back in April (McCourty) will be the pick that everyone will be loving for years to come. If we didn't get a corner high up in the draft we would be looking extremely weak in the secondary now without Bodden.

speak for yourself on the "whining" part. a lot of us loved the pick from the beginning....and felt really good when he knocked the ball away from TO on his first play from scrimmage in the NFL.

There was a lot of talk that the Jets were going to take Devin.

I hated the pick for the first 24 hours or so, then thought about it more closely and realized that our secondary wasn't as good as I thought it was anyways. After that, I decided to be guardedly optimistic about it.

speak for yourself on the "whining" part. a lot of us loved the pick from the beginning....and felt really good when he knocked the ball away from TO on his first play from scrimmage in the NFL.

There was a lot of talk that the Jets were going to take Devin.

That pass knock away was the baseball equivalent of a hard liner to the gap for a double.......the kid's got skills

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes