Welcome to PatsFans.com

Points by defense

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PatsFaninAZ, Nov 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatsFaninAZ

PatsFaninAZ Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Has our defense scored any points yet this year -- either return points or safeties? I don't seem to recall any, but I just might be misremembering.

Last year, our offense got all the ink, but I can remember several games where our defense returned fumbles or interceptions for points. Like several games in a row. I guess that's part of having a great offense -- the opposing team has to take more chances. Still, it's an area of needed improvement. I don't know if we have any return points this year of any type. I'm probably forgetting some, but I just can't picture any.
  2. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Not one. Every point the Patriots have scored this year has come at the end of a Cassel-led drive (and, not coincidentally, not a single point that other teams have scored has come on the last play of a Cassel-led drive).
  3. patsfaninpa

patsfaninpa Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

That screams for an upgraded pass-rush and improved secondary. I know we can
    use a little help on ol and te. But, need to get to the qb better. Having more confidence
    in your secondary would allow you to blizt more too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.