PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pointless Patriots Stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this one. Unbelievable.

I heard that McCourty gave up more passing yards than any player in a season since CB defense stats were tabulated (useless and likely inaccurate stat from Pro Football Focus). Pretty sad.

Edited for accuracy. . . .

Gronk had 18 catches in the red zone all year and 12 went for touchdowns.

Only once in Brady's career has he had a season with an odd number of picks: 13 in 2009.

Interesting. Another interesting note is that you can pretty much bank on Brady's INT total being somewhere between 12-14, as there have only been 2 'real' seasons (2007 and 2010) where he had less.

He's had between 12-14 picks in 8 out of 10 seasons...

(not counting his 2000 year, where he had 1 completion; nor am I counting the 2008 season where he went down 5 minutes into the season)

In 13 out of 16 games the NE Patriots turned the ball over ONCE or less.

That comes out to 81.25% of 2011 games with one or less turnovers, and was likely THE main key to this team's success this year.

-----------

In comparison, our defense got us turnovers in 15 of 16 possible games.

In 12 of those 16 games (75%), the defense recovered at least TWO turnovers.

Last edited:
The 2011 NE Patriots running backs were one of only two NFL teams that did not lose a fumble this yr, the other being the Carolina Panthers.

Both teams had totals of 3 fumbles from their running backs, but neither team ended up being charged with a credited lost fumble in that position.

I heard that McCourty gave up more passing yards than any player in a season since CB defense stats were tabulated (unofficial stat). Pretty sad.

Wow, that'd be disgusting if true.

Ooh, how about a round of Pointless Patriots Trivia! I've got one for you:

Solder and Vollmer are, clearly, the two tallest Patriots. Who's #3?

I heard that McCourty gave up more passing yards than any player in a season since CB defense stats were tabulated (unofficial stat). Pretty sad.

This is not only likely inaccurate (PFF had him at just over 1000 yards, while other sources had him closer to 700), but PFF themselves doesn't say this. Tramon Williams allowed 178 in week 17 to pass McCourty.

Ooh, how about a round of Pointless Patriots Trivia! I've got one for you:

Solder and Vollmer are, clearly, the two tallest Patriots. Who's #3?

Based on official listings, I'd go with Ryan Mallett. Based on my eyes, I'd say GRONK.

[Per NFLDraftScout, Mallett was 6'06.6" at the 2011 combine to GRONK's 6'06.2" in 2010. That said, I'd not be surprised if GRONK has grownk since then. :p]

More fun trivia:

TDs, GRONK: 18
TDs, Rams offense: 16 :eek:

OK. Since we've moved from pointless stats to pointless facts: which recent Patriot was named after a mouse?

I'll take a 15, but I don't think any true Patriots fan would be happy with any of the others. :)

That 8 win season has been predicted about 75,000 times on this board in preseasons

Alge(rnon) Crumpler.

:youtheman:

(Alge was so named because his Mom liked Flowers for Algernon in which, if you haven't read it -- you should, it's a great book! -- a mouse and a happy, but subnormal, young man receive extraordinary intelligence.)

Danny Woodhead had more pass receptions than Chad Ochocinco. Who would've thunk that at the season's beginning?

Jabar Gaffney had 53 more receptions than Chad Ochocinco.

Why can't we get guys like that?

I think this qualifies as somewhat pointless:

In 2011 Gostkowski became one of three players in NFL history (along with Akers in 2011 and Gary Anderson in 1998) to score 5+ points in 16 games.

He also tied an NFL record (set by Jeff Wilkins in 2003) with 15 games with 7+ points.

Jabar Gaffney had 53 more receptions than Chad Ochocinco.

Why can't we get guys like that?

At the time, NE had been paying Gaffney approx. 1 million per. The Broncos jumped in and offered him 2.5 per. It was a no-brainer that he would accept that dramatic increase, and it appeared that NE valued him much lower.

I still believe that they had the opportunity to get him back of course (more recently), and that would have been the right move in hindsight.

I hated losing Gaffney, to be honest with you. While we're at it, I hated losing Givens too, but that's a whole other story ;)

There's always the possibility that a standup guy like that could come back, especially knowing how much Brady enjoyed having him here, and the solid effort that he gave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back