PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

POINT TWO THREE!!!!! 8/30: Curran Sums Up THE Single Most Important Point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice article but it has never been about psi. It's about a corrupt League office and 31 jealous owners taking the Pats down a peg. It's how the NFL rolls and really it's nothing new.

Nice article but it has never been about psi. It's about a corrupt League office and 31 jealous owners taking the Pats down a peg. It's how the NFL rolls and really it's nothing new.

Unfortunately when we look back at this whole thing in a few years, the only thing that will stand out is Brady and the Pats cheated.

The NFL won, plain and simple.

Doesnt even matter to the outcome of the case tomorrow. The damage is done.

This thread is the answer.

"Point Two Three!!!"

"Point Two Three!!!"

"Point Two Three!!!"

Then let Florio, King, Rodney, Michaels and Collinsworth talk about it all night long.

3 of those 5 are friendlies to us on the PSi/gauge subject. The other two (Michaels and Collinsworth) have been neutral (but have injected the subject at stupid times in the SB).

Folks - - the fact that this game will be on NBC is OUR Judge Doty - - our preferred court location!!!!!

Stay concise - - get the point across loudly with those three words and let that crew take it the rest of the way!!!!!!!

Meh.....it's got to be dramatic and make sense so that even the haters will take notice.

Goodell and the big NFL media machine have totally cleaned Brady & company's clock during all of this, at least so far. The only thing even close to a "loss" for the NFL has been Judge Berman and nobody knows for sure how he is going to rule.

No, something has to be done that is dramatic enough to wake up people's whose minds were made up the day that Mort spread his filthy misinformation.

We need to do better than point two three

I have to think that when Kessler brought up the two tenths psi in court that Judge Berman had to think "This has to be one of the biggest waste of Fed court time I have ever witnessed". The NFL definitely does not look like the reasonable party.

Nope. You forgot who will be in front of microphones that night.

Yeah -- the two announcers who brought up Deflategate and "tell me you're not cheating, Tom" right in the middle of the most important drive of the season.

The number plays out to a difference of 1.7% between where the average psi was and where the Wells report said it should be. Again assuming a sequence of worse case scenarios!!! The wrong gauge was used, the fact that you don;t know the temperature of the room when the measurements were taken, you don't take wetness into consideration, etc, etc.

The NFL decides to launch it's most expensive and extensive investigation in it's history into a 1.7% difference in psi (when any number of variables could easily explain even that difference) tells you all you need to know.

Welcome back to the party Tom. We've missed you the last two weeks....

The number plays out to a difference of 1.7% between where the average psi was and where the Wells report said it should be. Again assuming a sequence of worse case scenarios!!! The wrong gauge was used, the fact that you don;t know the temperature of the room when the measurements were taken, you don't take wetness into consideration, etc, etc.

The NFL decides to launch it's most expensive and extensive investigation in it's history into a 1.7% difference in psi (when any number of variables could easily explain even that difference) tells you all you need to know.

But you're missing two key points about the 1.7% difference that wipes out its seeming insignificance. Goodell lied and Brunell cried. Is there any amount of money that mustn't be spent and any stone to be left unturned considering how much these two have given to the integrity of the game?

Y'all are boggling my mind right now. You expect Brady to admit nothing, but you are willing to accept and concede that Anderson used a gauge when he clearly stated he used another gauge! ? !

The truth is 0.00 because the balls were right were Exponent said they would be and this was according to the gauge Anderson said he used!

It seems that there are still a lot of Pats fans that haven't read the Wells report and this hurts PatsNation as a whole.

Has anyone seen -point to a link to- the chart /Kessler handout mentioned in the story. I would really like to see that:

In fact, at the last New York hearing, it seemed to have only recently dawned on NFLPA attorney Jeffrey Kessler how absurd the NFL’s actual claim was. He produced a handout about this, saying, “I call this chart, Angels Dancing on the Head of a Pin.”

Also, tv runs on visuals. Chanting and getting the talking heads to discuss in background is one thing, but if this handout or another chart makes a good visual that tv could show joe public, that would be worth much more. If any such easy-to-understand chart could be blown up enough for fans to take in stadium and wave around like a poster to the in-stadium cameras, that would even be killer.

Should just chant "deflate DEEZ NUTS" because no one will care about the science behind it. Troll the trolls, no talking sense to them.

This needs to be forwarded to Indy Star uninformed fanboy Doyle.

This is a great article. If more people read this instead of the nonsense mort and the nfl puts out then they would know the truth.. That they are crucifying a man for absolutely doing nothing.

Ken you have expressed many of our feelings about as well as could possibly be said.......however, Curran is NOT the guy to take it out on. Curren is the guy that wrote the truth and it's not the first time. He is one of the very few good guys.

What is needed is to get his story and the truth out to the masses, not just some little turd of a ratings cable pimple on the medias butt.

I really want the realization of what has been done to be spread far and wide. Even the haters can keep on hating and that's fine, even they will begrudgingly admit to a set up and wrong doing if they only knew. They DON'T know, they only know what Mort and company has fed them.

To outright ruin the reputation of one of the finest players to have ever donned a u inform is beyond disgusting.

It's not too late, how do we get the truth out??
My rage wasn't directed so much on Curran. (But he DOES need to explain why it took him so long to write it ). It really should have been written by "someone" back in May after the report cam out. SOMEONE should have gone through the report, including all the footnotes and realized the scam was in.

So my complaint with Curran is that he and EVERYONE of his brethren failed to "do their job" and thoroughly examine the Welles report. I may be wrong, but everything that was in his article could have been found months ago.

In fact it seems like most of the articles that started to shed light on the enormity of the league office's scam have come from sources outside the mainstream sports media. People like Steph Stradley, McCann or Forbes and a few others. In fact, it's ironic, but the ONLY guy inside the Football media who seems to have taken on the league is Mike Florio, and even he can't help himself and throw in a qualifier every now and again,. But like I said, Curran is the best we got, but given who his brethren are , it's damning with faint praise. ;)

Bottom Line,This isn't going to end tomorrow even if Berman rules in Tom's favor. The ONLY way it ends when what we know becomes common wisdom for most the rest of the NFL fan base. This is an all out war. One I hope that will have no survivors on the losing side.

Last edited:
Y'all are boggling my mind right now. You expect Brady to admit nothing, but you are willing to accept and concede that Anderson used a gauge when he clearly stated he used another gauge! ? !

The truth is 0.00 because the balls were right were Exponent said they would be and this was according to the gauge Anderson said he used!

It seems that there are still a lot of Pats fans that haven't read the Wells report and this hurts PatsNation as a whole.

That's not a fair assumption. All the data in the Well's report is inconclusive, hence the "more probable than not" conclusion. AEI also concludes that it is more likely than not that nothing occurred. Fact is that because of the poor data collection during the AFCCG no one knows exactly how much deflation occurred naturally and how much was due to tampering.

One thing that is clear is that the possible amount of air that could have been due to tampering, if you accept the Wells report verbatim, was approximately 2 or 3 tenths psi which does not add up nor support the allegations of cheating for a competitive advantage.

So based on the current data, people could argue that McNally went into the bathroom and checked to make sure the footballs were at 12.5 psi and while doing so released an insignificant amount of air.

What is absolutely clear is that Brady was not trying to find a way to get a competitive advantage. He was not trying to cheat.

I agree with you that nothing happened but I also acknowledge that the data does not conclusively support that position.

I'm afraid all this article does is make me realize how pissed off I really am. Curran FINALLY hit the nail on the head. Using Exponent's own numbers, the WORST case for the Pats , they only got a few balls 2/10ths of one pounds of air pressure.

My question is WTF took you so long to write this article. It should have been written within 2 weeks of the Welles report's issuance. That's all it should have taken to read the damned report and ferret out the information that Welles tried so hard to bury.

In fact THAT should be the story. I don't think an officer of the court should be able to bury evidence that proves the defendant innocent, and then come out and accuse him publicly of being guilty when his own investigation proved the opposite. Yet that is apparently what Welles, Goodell, and Pash have done. I have to think that this kind of activity, even in a civil case, is criminal.

It is undeniably been proven to a scientific CERTAINTY that no "crime" was ever committed, yet the League Office has judged and punished a person and organization and THEN purposely hid the exculpatory evidence not only from the defense but the general public as well. AND THEN we can get to the smear campaign of misinformation, lies, and innuendo that has been carried on from the day the Mort report was released BY SOMEONE AT THE LEAGUE OFFICE.

This entire affair has been so monumentally unjust and unfair, that it boggles the mind. We have had to defend ourselves for the past 8 months, while the undeniable truth was being hidden from us by a COMPLICIT league office, their complicit "independent" investigator, and all their complicit media "partners".

Lets face it. The media is either complicit or inept, there can't be any middle ground in this. As much as I appreciate the work Tom Curran has done. In the end all he is, is the best of a sorry, sorry lot of mediots. Don't forget that as llittle as a couple of weeks ago, Tom was burying the NFL, but still offering up qualifying statements insinuating the Pats and Brady were up to something, but nothing that was provable.

So the next time someone gets to talk to Curran, the conversation should go like this. "Tom, great article. You blew the cover off of the NFL's most important premise. Congratulations. Now where the F**k have you been the last 3 months, while you and the rest of your media buddies have been allowed to bury the Pats, Brady, and their fan base, over what you have proven was NOTHING!"

Now THAT's a question I want to ask of EVERY local media puke, and then to the rest of the country. This article needs to be spread and the question has to be asked WHY wasn't this uncovered before. WHY hasn't the League Office come under attack for their false accusations, manipulation of evidence, malicious prosecution, and slanderous PR campaign.

You cannot read this article if you're Tom Brady and NOT be completely convinced that a defamation suit can not only be won, but desperately NEEDS to happen for the good of the league, its players, and the fans.

I'm in full rant mode now, baby, and I need to go out now for a long walk before I hit something, Again, great article, but few people are going to know about it, unless other outlets pick it up, and it should be bringing up more questions than it answers.

I've said from day one that defending Brady in this case is very similar to defending yourself from accusations that you cheated on your wife when you know you haven't. Anyone who doesn't want to believe the truth isn't worth the air that it would take to explain it to them.

I really haven't let this get to me once I saw how blatantly crooked it was, and that was very early on. I never had any faith that Goody and his Keystone Cops could pull it off and I never expected much from them anyway. They're Jets fans.

You're equating the idea that nothing was definitely proven to be a 'crime' with the idea that it was definitively proven that no 'crime' took place, and that's not accurate. And if you're going to keep up with the smart ass comments when you post to me, you should at least know what the hell you're talking about with regards to the topic at hand, instead of repeatedly making yourself look like an ass, particularly since I'd said nothing at all hostile towards you in my post.

There was no tampering of the balls, no matter how you want to parse it. There is ZERO evidence that ANYTHING happened, and for a 2nd time I ask you to provide some that would make a reasonable man think that "a crime took place". Still waiting.

You know, I've been trying to figure out why you are taking a position based on nothing more than stubbornness and an inflated ego. If I didn't know better, I might think that Roger Goodell is trolling our site. You both have similar egos and your reluctance move off of any position you make, is eerily similar. I have always trusted that you were a smart man, and certainly smarter than Goodell, so I find your attempt to create a criticism of my post oddly sad.

And as for my "smart assed" comments. It's really all you deserve until you make an honest attempt to answer my question. As of now, all you are doing is trying to bully me with bull ****.

My rage wasn't directed so much on Curran. (But he DOES need to explain why it took him so long to write it ). It really should have been written by "someone" back in May after the report cam out. SOMEONE should have gone through the report, including all the footnotes and realized the scam was in.

So my complaint with Curran is that he and EVERYONE of his brethren failed to "do their job" and thoroughly examine the Welles report. I may be wrong, but everything that was in his article could have been found months ago.

In fact it seems like most of the articles that started to shed light on the enormity of the league office's scam have come from sources outside the mainstream sports media. People like Steph Stradley, McCann or Forbes and a few others. In fact, it's ironic, but the ONLY guy inside the Football media who seems to have taken on the league is Mike Florio, and even he can't help himself and throw in a qualifier every now and again,. But like I said, Curran is the best we got, but given who his brethren are , it's damning with faint praise. ;)

Bottom Line,This isn't going to end tomorrow even if Berman rules in Tom's favor. The ONLY way it ends when what we know becomes common wisdom for most the rest of the NFL fan base. This is an all out war. One I hope that will have no survivors on the losing side.

This whole fiasco has been a real eye opener. It has taught me that Goody and the Jets will go to any length to control the outcome of games on the field. It's actually much more probable than not that the Pats would have been able to win one or two more LomBrady trophies if they weren't being cheated by the NYJFL.

The other thing this has done has been to make it easier for me to walk away from the NFL if Goodell is still sitting there when Brady retires.

Wrong.

Our Legacy is untarnished.

Only Cowards, Liars, and Bitter Assorted Scum claim that our Legacy is anything but Legendary.

And their Opinions ~ real or feigned ~ don't matter at all, and never will.

Hear hear!

Why the heck should we give a rat's ass what some thick-as-a-brick fan thinks of the Pats incredible success?

Knowing that there are so many of those schmucks out there has actually made the SB win a little more enjoyable. Just remember that fans from all parts of the world of all races, colors and creeds, got to suffer a horribly painful loss to the Pats. I say let's drink to that.

As for the proposed chants in this thread, I'd rather not make it that technical. Too many of those opposing fans would get confused. A simple but loud ROGER SUCKS chant would be fine with me.

Hear hear!

Why the heck should we give a rat's ass what some thick-as-a-brick fan thinks of the Pats incredible success?

Knowing that there are so many of those schmucks out there has actually made the SB win a little more enjoyable. Just remember that fans from all parts of the world of all races, colors and creeds, got to suffer a horribly painful loss to the Pats. I say let's drink to that.

As for the proposed chants in this thread, I'd rather not make it that technical. Too many of those opposing fans would get confused. A simple but loud ROGER SUCKS chant would be fine with me.

"Roger Sucks"? Ooh, Patriots fans don't like Roger? That won't make a ripple.

"Point Two Three" concisely gets out the one cogent point that sinks Deflategate. If the stadium soundtrack is that chant, I guarantee you the NBC Halftime show centers around it - - with contributions from Florio, King and Rodney Harrison.

This is Patriots fans best national opportunity. Don't blow it on a generic "Roger sucks" chant.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye