PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

POINT TWO THREE!!!!! 8/30: Curran Sums Up THE Single Most Important Point

Status
Not open for further replies.
My new name for Chris Mortensen (or Roger Goodell, or Ted Wells) is ".23."

In fact THAT should be the chant by Patriots fans at Opening Night.

It would be heard by tens of millions across the country watching the game and would FORCE the media to address what ".23" means.

It's the ONE way Patriots fans can actually get the message across without it being ignored by the nation.

The 7+ months of Deflategate have been a thousand arm monster. HOWEVER:

If you need to explain Deflatgate to anyone, the numbers: 11.32 and 11.09 are all one needs to discuss.

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-pa...p-with-this-significantly-underinflated-stuff
Neither the field temperature nor the locker room temperature were measured. The Wells report made assumptions about those temperatures. If the actual locker room temp was 2 degrees higher and the field temp 2 degrees lower than the Wells assumptions, that .2 PSI difference would be explained by the IGL.

Additionally, given that the balls were wet, you wouldn't even need a full 2 degree difference from the assumptions - however, the impact of wet balls is harder/impossible to predict analytically and would require controlled experiments.

Last edited:
One of Currans best articles since January, and he's had plenty of them.

What is so great about this column is that it blasts through all the hunddreds of pathways and shines down to the the one, single gem at the core:

The worst case gauge scenario is .23

"Point - Two - Three!!!

Point - Two - Three!!!

Point - Two - Three!!!"

Let the TV announcers have to explain the meaning of that to the national audience.

We Pats fans have been powerless long enough.

Good article, but Mort's baseline is the 12.5 - 13.5 legal range, period. Since he lacks the intellectual capacity to understand the IGL and didn't read the Wells report, he would never have thought to lower that baseline to 11.32 to 11.52 in the first place. And his "significantly" comment never distinguished between IGL deflation and alleged intentional deflation. So, regardless of articles like these, Mort can continue on his merry way saying that the delta between the 12.5 - 13.5 legal range and the actual measurements is "significant".

That was just a GREAT article. Thank you, Tom! He absolutely crushed Mort's (lack of understanding of what happened with the) balls.

Add to this one of my favorite points.

The Colts measured the football they intercepted three times: 11.45, 11.35, and 11.75

Not one of those measurements is below the expected IGL window.

Colts even used (I believe) a third gauge which showed yet another .4 psi variance in the measurements.

Wells Report in Context said:
The intercepted football was separately tested three times — and each of the three measurements (apparently using a single gauge) showed a different psi number — 11.45, 11.35, and 11.75 (pg. 70). These significant differences demonstrate the extent to which gauges vary from each other (indeed, the Colts gauged this football at 11.00 psi — see pg. 63) and that even a single gauge used multiple times on the same football results in different readings. This imprecision is scarcely the basis on which precise conclusions can be based.

Last edited:
minor error, the average, with the low-reading gauge (The one that makes the Patriots look worst) was 11.11 psi, not 11.09 psi. So the cry should be POINT TWO ONE!

blog1.png

I'm afraid all this article does is make me realize how pissed off I really am. Curran FINALLY hit the nail on the head. Using Exponent's own numbers, the WORST case for the Pats , they only got a few balls 2/10ths of one pounds of air pressure.

My question is WTF took you so long to write this article. It should have been written within 2 weeks of the Welles report's issuance. That's all it should have taken to read the damned report and ferret out the information that Welles tried so hard to bury.

In fact THAT should be the story. I don't think an officer of the court should be able to bury evidence that proves the defendant innocent, and then come out and accuse him publicly of being guilty when his own investigation proved the opposite. Yet that is apparently what Welles, Goodell, and Pash have done. I have to think that this kind of activity, even in a civil case, is criminal.

It is undeniably been proven to a scientific CERTAINTY that no "crime" was ever committed, yet the League Office has judged and punished a person and organization and THEN purposely hid the exculpatory evidence not only from the defense but the general public as well. AND THEN we can get to the smear campaign of misinformation, lies, and innuendo that has been carried on from the day the Mort report was released BY SOMEONE AT THE LEAGUE OFFICE.

This entire affair has been so monumentally unjust and unfair, that it boggles the mind. We have had to defend ourselves for the past 8 months, while the undeniable truth was being hidden from us by a COMPLICIT league office, their complicit "independent" investigator, and all their complicit media "partners".

Lets face it. The media is either complicit or inept, there can't be any middle ground in this. As much as I appreciate the work Tom Curran has done. In the end all he is, is the best of a sorry, sorry lot of mediots. Don't forget that as llittle as a couple of weeks ago, Tom was burying the NFL, but still offering up qualifying statements insinuating the Pats and Brady were up to something, but nothing that was provable.

So the next time someone gets to talk to Curran, the conversation should go like this. "Tom, great article. You blew the cover off of the NFL's most important premise. Congratulations. Now where the F**k have you been the last 3 months, while you and the rest of your media buddies have been allowed to bury the Pats, Brady, and their fan base, over what you have proven was NOTHING!"

Now THAT's a question I want to ask of EVERY local media puke, and then to the rest of the country. This article needs to be spread and the question has to be asked WHY wasn't this uncovered before. WHY hasn't the League Office come under attack for their false accusations, manipulation of evidence, malicious prosecution, and slanderous PR campaign.

You cannot read this article if you're Tom Brady and NOT be completely convinced that a defamation suit can not only be won, but desperately NEEDS to happen for the good of the league, its players, and the fans.

I'm in full rant mode now, baby, and I need to go out now for a long walk before I hit something, Again, great article, but few people are going to know about it, unless other outlets pick it up, and it should be bringing up more questions than it answers.

Last edited:
The Colts measured the football they intercepted three times 11.45, 11.35, and 11.75

Not one of those measurements is below the expected IGL window.

Those measurements were not taken by the Colts, they were taken by an NFL official, who borrowed the Patriots (JJ's) gauge to make the measurements. The Colts had indeed measured it once, but then the ball was confiscated

Page 70 of Wells Report
The pressure of the Patriots ball that had been intercepted by the Colts was separately tested three times and the measurements—11.45, 11.35 and 11.75 psi, respectively— were written on athletic tape that had been placed on the ball for identification. League personnel retained possession of the intercepted ball and it was not reintroduced to the game after halftime.

It is an excellent point by Curran, and one that should have been more widely publicized. It would have been publicized if Mort were able to acknowledge that his report was wrong. But Mort and ESPN let their report fester and rot into the diseased mess it has become. Now, for the masses who didn't bother to read the Wells report--and I suspect this includes 31 owners--the legacy of the Patriots, BB and Brady will forever be one of "CHEATERS!" As Bob Ryan put it so well on ESPN this morning: "It was never about footballs or air pressure, it is about the Patriots being held accountable for 10 years of cheating, real or imagined."

"Point - Two - Three!!!

Point - Two - Three!!!

Point - Two - Three!!!"

Let the TV announcers have to explain the meaning of that to the national audience.

We Pats fans have been powerless long enough.

Would love to see (more than) a few ".23" signs opening night.

I wish it didnt take Judge Berman and Kessler to point out this absurdity. This has been clean since the wells report came out and wish someone had pointed this out clearly.The genius Mcnally went to the bathroom to remove air from 10+ balls in 90s to the amount of one of 2/10ths. Dumb as a sack of hammers!
F**k this makes angry we are in court because of this.

Far be it from me to not join in the applause, but isn't this the same point many of us have been saying for months? It was why Tony said a month or so ago that he wishes Kessler asked Vincent point-blank how many pounds of air pressure he thinks the Wells report says NE released. Getting 0.23 on the record there would have been far more powerful than any fan chant on opening night.

Haters and idiots don't care. They will just fall back on the "But the Colts balls only dropped 0.5 PSI (13 to ~12.5), completely ignoring basic physics and difference in storage/playing time, or the fact that they actually started at 13 as claimed. Too many people in this world are willing to throw logic out the window or (perhaps even worse) lie to maintain their stance.

My new name for Chris Mortensen (or Roger Goodell, or Ted Wells) is ".23."

In fact THAT should be the chant by Patriots fans at Opening Night.

It would be heard by tens of millions across the country watching the game and would FORCE the media to address what ".23" means.

It's the ONE way Patriots fans can actually get the message across without it being ignored by the nation.

I have only one suggestion that i think might drive the point home more concisely, Type it or say it this way

0.23 psi
So Roger whose integrity are we really talking about

Last edited:
The above is not correct.

How about: It is undeniably been NOT proven to a scientific CERTAINTY that ANY"crime" was ever committed,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back