PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Podcast: Brandon Tate interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this, definitely some interesting stuff (especially about him trying to be ready for week 1). Hate to say it though, hopefully he's smarter than Chad Jackson, but Tate sure doesn't sound like a Rhodes Scholar.

I hope he is ready for week 1 or at least some point in the season because after Moss/Welker we don't have much quality depth...

Hate to say it though, hopefully he's smarter than Chad Jackson, but Tate sure doesn't sound like a Rhodes Scholar.
Neither do Randy and Wes when they talk, but they play well enough. Tate will most likely be used in Returner roles while he develops behind Moss, Galloway, and Lewis. Adding Tate, Galloway, and Lewis has added some top speed on the other side from Moss, and Galloway is considered a cagey route runner, Tate will hopefully benefit from Chad Jackson's recent example and see how work ethic and other non-talent skills/behaviors will be critical to his success.

Brandon kept referring to Belichick as "Billichick".

That pronounciation is efficient and kind of catchy.

Talk is cheap. He has a lot to prove.
Now there's a good, positive attitude to go in with for the poor rookie.

I expect him to be PUPed but following Deion Branch and Braylon Edwards' schedule he could be ready to play now so I guess we'll see next week.

Now there's a good, positive attitude to go in with for the poor rookie.

I expect him to be PUPed but following Deion Branch and Braylon Edwards' schedule he could be ready to play now so I guess we'll see next week.

Ehh.... FredFromDartmouth has a lot to prove.

No, I have a proven track record.

Brandon Tate, however, has a lot to prove after testing poz at the Combine and then blowing off a Patriots offseason event. You have to be smart to play in the Patriots system, but how smart can you be if you know are going to drug tested at the Combine and you still toke up? Not smart at all. He didn't exactly sound like a rocket scientist in the interview either.

He has to prove that he is not just another Patriots WR throw-away pick. So far it does not look good. Bill should be prevented from ever picking a WR early; he is a master at picking up FA WRs, but not drafting.

No, I have a proven track record.

Brandon Tate, however, has a lot to prove after testing poz at the Combine and then blowing off a Patriots offseason event. You have to be smart to play in the Patriots system, but how smart can you be if you know are going to drug tested at the Combine and you still toke up? Not smart at all. He didn't exactly sound like a rocket scientist in the interview either.

He has to prove that he is not just another Patriots WR throw-away pick. So far it does not look good. Bill should be prevented from ever picking a WR early; he is a master at picking up FA WRs, but not drafting.

Deion Branch: 2nd round draft pick, Super Bowl MVP.

FredFromDartmouth has to prove that he's not just another throw-away poster. So far it does not look good.

I do not expect him to be pup'd if he is healthy. Rookies need all the work in they can get, I think pupping puts them in a pretty big hole. BB knows this. I am really excited he seems like a huge talent . Heres hoping we see him sooner rather than later.

The reason we have more busts in rounds 2 & 3 is Belichick is more willing to play the upside on the risk tradeoff. In the first round he takes less risks, after that he's willing to risk a bust for the upside of getting another Branch. 2nd round picks are replaceable; heck, we have 3 for the 2010 draft. I think Belichick would be find having two Chad Jacksons for every one Deion Branch because he can always get a decent player in the spot that the bust would have been through free agency.

The reason we have more busts in rounds 2 & 3 is Belichick is more willing to play the upside on the risk tradeoff. In the first round he takes less risks, after that he's willing to risk a bust for the upside of getting another Branch. 2nd round picks are replaceable; heck, we have 3 for the 2010 draft. I think Belichick would be find having two Chad Jacksons for every one Deion Branch because he can always get a decent player in the spot that the bust would have been through free agency.

Not only that, but the assertion about the WRs is asinine anyway, given the actual paucity of such players taken.

Branch
Jackson
Johnson

That's the total of all the 'high' (generously framed as 4th round or above) drafted WRs under Belichick prior to this year.

Last edited:

FredFromDartmouth has to prove that he's not just another throw-away poster. So far it does not look good.

Deion Branch who? Oh Deion the guy that took Vrabels MVP and whined like a baby till he was traded, that little #$%^% How is his HOF career going?

Not only that, but the assertion about the WRs is asinine anyway, given the actual paucity of such players taken.

Branch
Jackson
Johnson

That's the total of all the 'high' (generously framed as 4th round or above) drafted WRs under Belichick prior to this year.
And I bet Belichick is reasonably happy with those picks. Out of three #2s he got 4 good, cheap years out of Branch and should get 5 good, cheap years out of Meriweather. That's a pretty good haul out of three #2s. Not great, not really good but pretty good.

Deion Branch who? Oh Deion the guy that took Vrabels MVP and whined like a baby till he was traded, that little #$%^% How is his HOF career going?
We wouldn't have been the same team in the Branch years without him. Like him or not now, he and Givens were critical components all those years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down