PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Plight of being a contender

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougGabriel2007

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Obviously if you make the playoffs and are a franchise that is building itself for the long hall like the Pats, the more times you make the playoffs, the more chances for tough losses like this. Its like the Yankees making it every year, theres gonna be a year they lose on a gamewinning hit (2001), blow a 3-0 series lead (2004) or just get shutdown by a hot young pitcher (2003). So we gotta realize losses like this and Denver come with the territory. Just like Dallas, SF, Pitt all had tough losses in their runs.

I have to admit though, this loss pissed me off so much because of who we lost to and how we lost that I started wondering stuff that I'm sure any fan must wonder a little like "why do I care so much?", "Is this really worth following so closely for 4-5 months to end like this?", its just tough and sometimes you gotta realize its just a game and to enjoy the great times far more than you lament the tough ones...

My 2 cents, any opinions and insights into how you feel about the loss is welcomed...

One last point, this post isn't really much about game analysis, I think there's plenty others for that here. Just the whole psychology and process of being a sports fan in general....

It's tough today, no doubt about it.

One first down on 3rd and 4 and the whole world looks different today.

The Pats spoiled me all these years by being the team at the end that didn't screw up, that made the plays, so I feel like I have had the rug pulled out from under me. That 12 men in the huddle penalty was inexcusable-that is just not something I can even believe happened.

The other team made the plays at the end, not the Pats, and it's a sickening feeling, but I haven't been a Pats fan for almost 40 years and not have felt even worse-like all those years when the Pats were the joke of the NFL.

This game hurts but it is the price you pay when you root for a team that seems to be in contention every year-they can't win every playoff game.

My heart hurts. I didn't sleep well at all last night, and that will affect me at work today, no doubt. But I wouldn't trade a thing. I love this team - they gave me so much joy in 2001, 2003 and 2004. It'll take a few weeks for this pain to go away -- but I'll be back with 100% of my heart and soul when this team takes the field again in 7 months.

"Is this really worth following so closely for 4-5 months to end like this?",.

what do you mean 4-5 months. dont you mean all 12 months. i wish it had been only during the season that i was compulsive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back