PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Plenty of bad blood circulating through NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's good to know BB can still bite the Colts' ankles and annoy the crap out of them :D

Same as the old boss ;)

Last edited:
As others have noted, odd timing for the article. Belichick made those comments before the 11/2 game, so we're talking about an article written in December based on a statement made in late October. And there is a chance that the Colts and Patriots will not play each other until next season, at the earliest. Strange choice to try and stir things up.

As far as Freeney's comments ("Tony’s not going to do that. He’s not that type."), didn't Dungy make several unsolicited comments about "spygate" during the offseason? Or am I remembering things wrong?
I don't know about over-all, but on this item your memory is perfect.

I do a lot of travelling and when I am in other cities and talking sport's with other people, they usualy say, "the Patriots are good, but Belichick is an A** hole". I then ask them where they got the information to form they're opinion. Usually from the media and their portrayal of Belichick. I then ask if they ever heard of any player who played on a Belichick team, ever complain or say anything negative about BB. Even the guys who left on contract disputes say it was only business. I then ask if they would want him coaching their team and they usually answer with a big "Hell, yeah."

It is hilarious. More so since Indy took the bait.

He loves tweaking the Colts and I do find it tremendously funny. God knows (and I mean that literally) that Dungy has no sense of humor.

Not quite as good as asking for more security in case Polian goes out of control, but still pretty good.

[You see Tony, Bill is really concerned with the integrity of injury reports *wink*, that's why its funny.]

When BB said this, my thought was that maybe BB/pats were asked by the league about brady's name in the injury report before the season so they left him out on the first game against KC and he got hurt.
Conversely he felt the colts were doing something similar the other way and were not being 'called out' so to speak so thats prolly why BB said that in a subtle way.
just my 2 cents.

Wasn't Marvin Harrison day to day with a "knee bruise" for three months last year? Wasn't Bob Sanders a week from coming back for three months the year before? Didn't Dungy lie to the press about Manning's second surgery?

Before the Colts' players get all high and mighty about what Dungy would or wouldn't do, they might want to revisit their own recent history.

Seems like they're really digging for something there.

I just want to know if Fisher will throw Dungheap a bone in week 17 and sit everyone if the Colts need a win to get in?
That's a given after the deal the two worked out last year.

Are Polian and Fisher on the scheduling committee too?
Interesting that these two play each other in Week 17 two years in a row.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back